Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 points of Black Templars, Comments appreciated
Closed Thread
Old 20 Nov 2006, 19:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller
Default 1500 points of Black Templars, Comments appreciated

This is the 1500 point Black Templar list that I have tested a couple times at my local hobby store and I am considering making it my primary army list for this point range.

[size=14pt]Army Name: Heavenly Flame Crusade [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: The Emperor&#39;s Champion: 140 points
- Armour of Faith, The Black Sword, Frag Grenades, Terminator Honours, Bolt Pistol, Vow: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds.

HQ 2: Reclusiarch: 142 points
- Crozius, Rosarius, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Terminator Honours, Melta Bombs, Teleporter Homer

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: Dreadnought: 123 points
- Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Elite 2: Sword Brethren Terminator Squad (6): 303 points
- Storm Bolter + PF x3, Storm Bolter + CF x1, Assault Cannon + PF x2, Furious Charge x6

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Crusader Squad (6): 117 points
- Bolter x4, Plasma Gun x1, Lascannon x1

Troops 2: Crusader Squad (6): 117 points

Troops 3: Crusader Squad (9): 236 points
- Bolt pistol + PF x1, Meltagun x1, Bolt pistol + CCW x7, Frag grenades x9
- Rhino, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

[hr]

[FAST ATTACK]

Fast Attack 1: Assault Squad (8 ): 203 points
- Jump Packs, Frag grenades, Bolt pistol + CCW x5, Bolt pistol + PF x1, Flamer x2

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1: Predator Destructor: 118 points
- Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1499 points [/size]

[hr]

My setup is having the Chaplain lead the Assault Squad, while the Champion mounts up with the Rhino squad. The two squads with lascannons and plasma guns get placed in elevated positions and support the advance by targeting enemy armor. The Rhino squad and Dreadnought generally try to move together, while the Assault squad attempts to flank. The secondary objective of the assault squad is to maneuver to a good position in order to call down the Terminators. The Termies appear and are able to provide the Assaulters with close fire support and these two squads should be able to roll up an entire flank. The Termies have one man with a chainfist so that they can be a bigger threat to heavy tanks at CC without being more expensive than they already are. During this whole thing, the Predator is in the back, reminding the enemy that cover is a good thing, and that they should stay behind it. :P

Comments on the list are appreciated. The armies I will usually end up facing at my hobby store are primarily Marines, of a vast range. I know there to be Trait Chapters, Ultramarines, Khorne, Nurgle, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Deathwing and Ravenwing, plus others that I might not know about. On top of this, there at least three IG players (one who also has GKs), an up-and-coming Witch Hunters player, at least one Tau player, a Necron guy, an up-and-coming Tyranid player, at least one Eldar player, plus others that I probably don&#39;t know about.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Edit: Realized that I hadn&#39;t included the cost of the Termies&#39; chainfist, fixed it now.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 06:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: 1500 points of Black Templars, Comments appreciated

Quote:
[HQ]

HQ 1: The Emperor&#39;s Champion: 140 points
- Armour of Faith, The Black Sword, Frag Grenades, Terminator Honours, Bolt Pistol, Vow: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds.

HQ 2: Reclusiarch: 142 points
- Crozius, Rosarius, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Terminator Honours, Melta Bombs, Teleporter Homer
Good, solid and not too fancy.

Quote:
[ELITES]

Elite 1: Dreadnought: 123 points
- Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Elite 2: Sword Brethren Terminator Squad (6): 298 points
- Storm Bolter + PF x3, Storm Bolter + CF x1, Assault Cannon + PF x2, Furious Charge x6
Again looks good and solid without being too fancy. Though Furious Charge may be a bit much, if you need to drop some points you could remove that.

Quote:
[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Crusader Squad (6): 117 points

Troops 2: Crusader Squad (6): 117 points

Troops 3: Crusader Squad (9): 236 points
- Bolt pistol + PF x1, Meltagun x1, Bolt pistol + CCW x7, Frag grenades x9
- Rhino, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour
Looking good once more, fire support squads and a more mobile combat based squad. Looking good here aswell.

Quote:
[FAST ATTACK]

Fast Attack 1: Assault Squad (8 ): 203 points
- Jump Packs, Frag grenades, Bolt pistol + CCW x5, Bolt pistol + PF x1, Flamer x2
Hmm Im not so sure about the flamers here, I usually prefere more marines with pistols and ccw but the hose down before the charge could be worth it. I usually dont want to do something like that and risk being out of charge range.

Quote:
[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1: Predator Destructor: 118 points
- Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
Again a good and solid unit, not too many upgrades and not too few and not too expencive.

Well your list looks quite good and well refined. Not too much and not too little, enough fire support with enough mobile elements, enough infantry and scoring units and enough armor. Good and balanced. A very nice list I would say though Im not the greatest expert at Black Templars.

Closed Thread