Warhammer 40K Forum

1600 Point Black Templar.
Closed Thread
Old 17 Nov 2006, 23:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 1600 Point Black Templar.

Black Templars
2nd Elite Company: The Black Requiem
(HQ)-Emperorís Champion-Armor of Faith; Crusader Seals; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; The Black Sword; Vows: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds
Total: 140 points
(HQ)-Marshall-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Holy Orb of Antioch; Iron Halo; Master-Crafted Weapon (Power Sword); Melta Bombs; Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Plasma Pistol; Power Sword
Total: 202 points
(Attached)-Command Squad-
Master of Sanctity-Rosarius; Artificer Armor; Holy Orb of Antioch; Krak Grenades; Master-Crafted Weapon (Crozious Arcanum); Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Crozius Arcanum; Storm Bolter-Total: 180 points
Sergeant-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Master-Crafted Weapon (Power Sword); Krak Grenades; Terminator Honors; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Power Weapon; Combi-Plasmagun-Total: 95 points
Banner Bearer-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Master-Crafted Weapon (Close Combat Weapon); Fighting Company Banner; Terminator Honors; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Plasma Pistol; Close Combat Weapon-
Total: 105 points
Veteran Space Marines-Crusader Seals; Terminator Honors; Special Skills: Furious Charge; x1 Flamer; x2 Bolters-
Total: 138 points
(Elites)-Sword Brethren Squad-
Veteran Sergeant-Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon; Krak Grenades
Total: 48 points
Veteran Marines-Crusader Seals; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Krak Grenades; x1 Heavy Bolter; x5 Bolters
Total: 143 points
(Attached)-Rhino-Extra Armor; Hunter-Killer Missile; Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter; Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers
Total: 113 points
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; x1 Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon; x1 Missile Launcher; x3 Bolters
Total: 130 points
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; x1 Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon; x4 Bolters-Total: 100 points
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; x5 Bolters-Total: 100 points
(Fast Attack)-Black Templars Assault Squad-Melta Bombs; x1 Storm Shield & Power Fist; x1 Plasma Pistol & Close Combat Weapon; x3 Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon-Total: 143 points

GRAND TOTAL: 1663 points

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 18 Nov 2006, 01:34   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: 1600 Point Black Templar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias "Bane of the Xenos"
GRAND TOTAL: 1663 points
That's a wee bit over 1600 points... If you're shooting for a 1600 point list, its best to actually make it 1600 points.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 02:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias "Bane of the Xenos"
Black Templars
2nd Elite Company: The Black Requiem
(HQ)-Emperorís Champion-Armor of Faith; Crusader Seals; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; The Black Sword; Vows: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds
Total: 140 points

(HQ)-Marshall-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Holy Orb of Antioch; Iron Halo; Master-Crafted Weapon (Power Sword); Melta Bombs; Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Plasma Pistol; Power Sword
Total: 202 points
Im not great shakes with Templars but the artificer armor and auxpex are not likely to do you much good on the Marshall and neither is the master crafting. With the chaplains ability it will be moot anyway. The plasma pistol might also be a bit much you could save points by using a bolt pistol instead.

Quote:
(Attached)-Command Squad-
Master of Sanctity-Rosarius; Artificer Armor; Holy Orb of Antioch; Krak Grenades; Master-Crafted Weapon (Crozious Arcanum); Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Crozius Arcanum; Storm Bolter-Total: 180 points
Sergeant-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Master-Crafted Weapon (Power Sword); Krak Grenades; Terminator Honors; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Power Weapon; Combi-Plasmagun-Total: 95 points
Banner Bearer-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Master-Crafted Weapon (Close Combat Weapon); Fighting Company Banner; Terminator Honors; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Plasma Pistol; Close Combat Weapon-
Total: 105 points
Again the artificer armor is a bit over the top and so is master crafting especially on a close combat weapon. You could deffinetly shave some points here.

Quote:
Veteran Space Marines-Crusader Seals; Terminator Honors; Special Skills: Furious Charge; x1 Flamer; x2 Bolters-
Total: 138 points
(Elites)-Sword Brethren Squad-
Veteran Sergeant-Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon; Krak Grenades
Total: 48 points
Veteran Marines-Crusader Seals; Special Skills: Furious Charge; Krak Grenades; x1 Heavy Bolter; x5 Bolters
Total: 143 points
(Attached)-Rhino-Extra Armor; Hunter-Killer Missile; Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter; Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers
Total: 113 points
Hmm with furious charge bolt pistols and close combat weapons would do you better than simple bolters and why give furious charge to a squad with a heavy bolter? Power of the Machine Spirit is also a bit overkill on a rhino.

Quote:
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; x1 Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon; x1 Missile Launcher; x3 Bolters
Total: 130 points
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; x1 Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon; x4 Bolters-Total: 100 points
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; x5 Bolters-Total: 100 points
Some indication of the number of troops in each squad would be nice, from the looks of it they appear to be 5 men each. Krak grenades are a bit expencive to place on each squad and even numbers are preferable for victory points and moral purposes. For a 5 man squad they need lose only 3 before they are no longer scoring but a 6 man unit must loes 4 and its only an increase of a single man.

Quote:
(Fast Attack)-Black Templars Assault Squad-Melta Bombs; x1 Storm Shield & Power Fist; x1 Plasma Pistol & Close Combat Weapon; x3 Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon-Total: 143 points
A pistol for the extra attack on the sergeant could prove useful and give him a combat shield instead.

Cut down on the artificer armor and the grenades and you should have no problem meeting 1600 points. As for the effectiveness of the list you could use a few more heavy weapons and another rhino or two. The assault marines could also use some more in their number. 5 wont last long in my experience and a jump pack chaplain attatched to them can do very well to boost their abilities. With a chaplain attatched to the command squad you still have an HQ slot for another chaplain if you want. A good balance between your assault elements and your defencive, heavy weapon toting squads can be the key to winning and you want to make sure you have the mobility to get your offencive elements to where they need to go. Rhinos can be useful for this, not necessarily as transports but as mobile terrain to block the enemies firepower from taking out your squads. Only on a penetrating 6 will the rhino be turned into a crater so it wont block line of sight.

Also 1600pts is an unusual limit for games, more often you see 1500 and 1750 so I would suggest you shoot for one of those two. Speaking of which what models do you have access to, as that can be the deciding factor as to the construction of the list.

I hope some of that proved useful.

Old 18 Nov 2006, 14:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

K thanx

[hr]
[hr]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller

I would say the same things as Vash, as well as point out that you don&#39;t have Veteran Sergeants in any squad except Command Squads (Termie or normal). Plus for the Assault Squad, drop the storm shield; if you take the Invul and fail it, that means you MUST remove your powerfist model, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of burying it in the squad. Besides, with the shield, you only get 2 PF attacks when you charge, and 1 any other time. With a pistol, you boost that to 3 and 2, respectively. Hope this helps.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 22:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

This is a Black Templars list so there aren&#39;t any seargents except for the main ones.
Really, read up on Black Templars.

[hr]
[hr]
Don&#39;t worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 21 Nov 2006, 23:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller

I know, thats what I was pointing out. It says that your Sword Brethren Squad has a Veteran Sergeant in it, which isn&#39;t an option.

As an aside, please don&#39;t tell me to "read up on Black Templars." I have at least 3,000 points worth of them, and they are my main army. I don&#39;t want to sound arrogant and say I know them better than you, but I&#39;m not stupid either.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 04:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

This is not actualy about your list but what you have writen is nie on imposible to read- put some spaces in there or something but it hurts the eyes trying to read that list! :P : :P

I scored a 6 on my powergaming test Yay................ ha
Closed Thread