Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Scoutish army (No Tactical squads)
Closed Thread
Old 11 Nov 2006, 04:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Scoutish army (No Tactical squads)

I no i no i no i am addicted to scouts :P But.... again i have come up with a Fun looking list. He he he he he ;D

HQ
-1 master with storm bolter and power sword..........95pts
-1 Reclusiach with jump pack and Bp...................106pts

Elites
-1 hellfire dreadnaught..............135pts

Troops
-9 scouts with bolters and 1 heavy bolter...............122pts
-8 scouts with bolters and 1 missile launcher...............114pts
-5 scouts with snipers...........90pts
-5 scouts with snipers...........90pts

Fast attack
-7 assalt marines and 2 plasma pistol.............164pts
-4 bikes + 1 attack bike...................178pts
-1 landspeeder with heavy bolter and assualt cannon.................80pts

Heavy support
-6 devastators, 1 missle launcher, 1 plasma cannon, 1 las cannon, 1 heavy bolter
..........................195pts
-1 preadator anihilator with heavy bolter sponsons..........130pts

Total,.............................1499pts

So what do you think? the bolter scouts, the master, the dread, the pread and the devastators will form a fire base while the snipers will position themselves in cover. the assault squad led by the chaplain will go around killing stuff and the bikes and the landspeeder will go where needed.

Thoughts?

I scored a 6 on my powergaming test Yay................ ha
Old 23 Nov 2006, 05:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Scoutish army (No Tactical squads)

This would make a great city fight army. Infiltrate all your scouts and various buildings and have them causing trouble from turn 1. The assault squad would be able to bring support where it is needed most. And of course the dreadnought and predator cruising around bringing fire support to the embattled scout squads. The only thing I would change is lose the hvy bolter from the dev squad. Everything else in for tank busting so it's kind of pointless to have an anti infantry hvy weapon in a predominantly tank killing unit.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 04:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i never thought of the aplications this could have for cities of death (cause i don't have a copy of the book). The reason i have the heavy bolter in that squad is because it kind of turns the dev squad into a jack of all trades squad.

-las for tank hunting and TEQ's
-plas for TEQ's
-Missile for tank and infantry
- and Heavy bolter for infantry and "light" vehicles (ie. war walkers, speeders)

i know its an expesive squad but its pretty good when you think about it.

I scored a 6 on my powergaming test Yay................ ha
Old 27 Nov 2006, 01:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
The reason i have the heavy bolter in that squad is because it kind of turns the dev squad into a jack of all trades squad.

-las for tank hunting and TEQ's
-plas for TEQ's
-Missile for tank and infantry
- and Heavy bolter for infantry and "light" vehicles (ie. war walkers, speeders)
Versatile it is, but mightily wasteful as well. Not only some shots will be wasted if the guns are brought to bear upon a target it's useless against (for example, the Plasma and Hvy Bolter are ineffective Vs a Russ), it also constitute a drain of points that could be usefull elsewhere. The Assault squad needs a Vet Sarge with a Powerfist and the Bike squad might use either Flamers or Meltaguns to give it extra versatility.
Also, your Dev squad is only 6-numbered, so it has only two spare wounds before it starts losing its gun. 2 more Marines or 1 less gun would make it more loss-resistant.

Both of your HQs need Frag Grenades, especially the Chappy. You should also lose of them, as a single one is plenty enough at 1500 pts. It would save you enough pts to add an additional Scout squad, or, by shaving off the Lascannon off the Dev squad, buy a 5-6 men Lascannon-toting Tac squad.
Closed Thread