Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army list
Closed Thread
Old 10 Nov 2006, 21:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor
Default Army list

Hello! I have been working on this list for a bit, and wanted to see if it's any good.

[size=14pt] SONS OF CRONUS ARMY LIST TAKE 1[/size]

Traits: Trust your battle brothers
drawbacks: Death Before dishonor

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1:Master : 175 points
- Master Crafted Lightning claw
artificer armour,
storm bolter
adamantine mantle

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1readnought :120 points
- extra armour

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1:Tactical squad :226 points
- 9 marines, Trust your battle brothers
Flamer
Veteran Sergeant: Power sword,
plasma pistol, bionics

Troops 2:Scout squad:193 points
- 9 scouts w/sniper rifles
Veteran Seargent with bionics

Troops 3:tactical squad:220 points
- 9 marines, Trust your battle brothers
veteran Sergent w/ Powerfist

Troops 4:Tactical squad:95 points
- 4 marines
Lascannon, plasma gun
Sergent

[hr]

[FAST ATTACK]

Fast Attack 1:Assault squad:290 points
- 9 assault marines w/melta bombs
2x plasma pistols
Veteran Sergent w/ Meltabombs,
Powerfist
storm shield

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1:Whirlwind: 90 points
- extra armour

Heavy Support 1:Whirlwind: 90 points
- extra armour

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1,499 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Feel free to give comments and criticisms, it's my first list.
I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 08:37   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Army list

Just one thing i noticed.. .I will post more soon, but you venerable dreadnought should be 140 points, not 120....

White Ninja Warlord >
Old 19 Nov 2006, 21:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor

I'm still waiting for some replies, I need to get feedback on this so I don't waste too much money on random stuff(and I have to finish the stuff I have before i can get more).
I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 17:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Looks very decent for a 1st list___at any rate, much better than my very 1st one!

Your Master lacks vital enhanced movement capabilities to make the most out of his stats. A Jump Pack would be very decent and so would a Bike ( especially if coupled with Artificer Armor for Turboboosted 2+ Invul saves ). It would allow him to rapidly close in with his foes instead of having to hoof it on foot the whole game. Also, thanks to his Indep Charact status, he can ( most of the time ) safely follow your Assault squad without getting shot at.
As for his weaponry, drop his Storm Bolter and bedeck him with a pair of Lightning Claws__these babies are very much worth it! It seems you're using the standard Force Commander fresh out of the box, so it must be why you're limiting yourself to a single Claw, though it can be remedied via a simple bitz order, the buying of an Assault Termie or Vet Space Marine squad or again, by some converting. For example, you could take a Powerfist arm ( those are left handed typically ), slice it at the elbow as well as removing the thumb off and shortening a few digits, glue the gloved forearm to a right upper-arm and then glue on the thumb, to make it look like a right arm! Then carve a bit two or three thin pieces of leftover sprues or toothpicks and glue those over the Fist's knuckles and voilą, a right-handed Lightning Claw! OK, it will maybe look ugly, but it will work. Also consider Green Stuff. Or you could use the Assault squad's shield, modify it for right-handedness and glue it 2-3 blades__then you'd have a Combat Shield/Lightning Claw combined weapon!
Also, add Frag Grenades to your Master's gear___hitting foes last in melee because they're in cover exponentially reduces his owning power. Swap his Mastercrafting for Termie Honours__in the improbable event that he scores all his hits, he'd be better with having one more attack than re-rolling a single miss. These two upgrades combine well in higher costed games.
Furthermore, if you're keeping your Master on foot or giving him a Jump Pack, he'd be better with a Iron Halo instead of the Artificer Armor in a lot of cases, as many of the attacks that will imperil him typically won't allow him Armor saves. Don't combine both Iron Halo and Artificer Armor until playing in games of higher points. You could also drop the Adamantine Mantle___while not useless, it won't be of use much often, except if your Master is on Bike of course.

I'd drop the Dreadnought ( Dread for short ) in favor of an additional LasPlas Tac squad ( more details below ). The problem in using a single Dread, especially if it's the sole targetable vehicle, is that it will get shot to scrap in short order. The Tac squad will have a longer range and quite often will prove to be tougher to annihilate completely!
Reserve the use of the Dreadnought for higher grade games, where you could use it alongside other Dreads and maybe in Drop Pods.

As for your Troop choices, they're not bad as they are right now, though the footslogging Trust your Battle Brothers squads won't work great, as they're pretty slow, limiting their offensive options and making it arduous to grab objectives. You'd get better results I guess by dropping one of those Trust your Battle Brothers squad and replacing it instead by an additional Assault squad__it would have much better mobility and hit better on a charge.
For the remaining one, get it either a Meltagun or a Plasmagun, as often it won't have the mobility to get the most out of a Flamer. You could stand to reduce it to a 8-men squad.
Also, drop all bionics___none of your Vet Sarges can be targeted in the 1st place, they've got low odds of successful use and those alloted points could be allocated in more efficient upgrades or wargear. Furthermore, consider Powerfisting Vet Sarges to be a must in all squads liable to get within close reach of the enemy___killing a Tyrant or a Daemon Prince is very much worth it!
Additional note___putting a Plasma Pistol on a Vet Sarge, especially if bedecked with an expensive Powerfist, is not a great idea, as Getting Hot and having it melt him hurts the monkeeigh bad....

As for the Scout squad, it's maybe a bit larger than needed___just 8, even 6 members, are sufficient. It doesn't need a Vet Sarge at all, so keep your Sarge unupgraded, except for his Sniper Rifle. Finally, add a Missile Launcher or a Hvy Bolter to the squad, for some extra ranged firepower. The Missile would be pretty nice, as you lack a tad of ranged antiarmor capabilities.

The Lascannon/Plasmagun ( LasPlas for short ) Tac squad is pretty nice, though a 6th member would be better, as it would need to lose 4 Marines before losing scoring status, instead of 3 as it is numbered currently. Even-numbered units are always better in 4th Ed for scoring purposes. As mentioned above, field another like it___you won't regret it! Cheap and powerful ranged firepower!

Your Assault squad could use some tinkering. Though Meltabombs might be very useful in a pinch, as a main source of antiarmor, they're not that reliable, especially if attempting to destroy skimmers ( they hit those only on 6s... ). Plus, quite often, the standard issue Powerfist will be quite apt to carry on the can-opening.
Also, having this squad ( plus any other for that matter ) reduced to 8-men squad would often prove to be better, as these can better hide behind cover, without losing any significant offensive power. Also consider giving to the squad a Flamer or 2___it will lose some melee attacks, but will be able to cream large-sized enemy units by its lonesome, denying them their cover saves.
The Vet Sarge doesn't need a Storm Shield, as most often he can't be targeted specifically by enemy units.
To make your Assault squad(s) better, remember they can also be granted Trust your Battle Brother so they can Countercharge, pretty nice ability in conjuncture with a Powerfist ( though they don't gain Bolters ). Another possibility might using one of the Trait which grant Assault squads the Furious Charge ability___Str5 Ini5 melee attacks are very nice, giving an important edge versus other Marine armies.

Heheh!! Two Whirlwinds are nasty, especially if using Castellan missiles to lay minefields that affect only your adversaries___that's powerful! You'll gain control over the moves of close-ranged, thinly-armored enemy units, like Orks, Tyrannid Gaunt hordes, even Harlequins!! ( Castellans can target empty squares!).
Though, Whirlwinds don't need Extra Armor, as in order to fire, they can't move in the same turn, making it redundant. Luckily, WWs don't need Line-Of-Sight to fire, as they use Barrage-type artillery, pretty neat! Just keep them far towards your edge of the board, behind good-sized cover, and they shouldn't face much difficulties.

If you should ever intend to get a 2nd Assault squad, then you could consider getting a Rhino ( with Extra Armor and Smoke Launcher ) for your remaining large-sized Tac squad on foot___it could gain some bit of mobility for a disembark-then-shoot maneuver, but it would be especially be useful as mobile cover for one of your Assault squads.

Closed Thread