Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 pts, 1st Company Ultramarines, Cassius' Apostles of Vengeance
Old 01 Nov 2006, 18:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1500 pts, 1st Company Ultramarines, Cassius' Apostles of Vengeance

Well, here's an attempt to do a list with Cassius & Tyrannic War Vets. I would do a Tigurius army, except that it might end up too boring to play in friendlies if Fear of the Darkness really is 24" with Tigurius' Hood... so I'm going with Cassius now & 1st Company.

Chaplain Cassius joins with Tyrannic War Vet Squad Phyleus, so that's why there's that odd squad in there.

Tyrannic War Vet Sergeant Glaukos is a little funky in his loadout... but I wanted him to be very different than the more standard loadout on Sergeant Phyleus.
EDIT: Whoops, I added him up wrong, so now I had to slash stuff & I'm still over... I hate being over. I'll dump the smoke on one of the tanks, or maybe change the Combi-Melta to a Storm Bolter... but I like the Combi-Melta in those situations where you want (& the enemy doesn't expect) the Melta. Maybe I'll change Lucius' squad back to a Multi-Melta (which was the original loadout, as silly as Multi-Meltas are), or a Missile Launcher. I don't just want "typical" Space Marines, even with the Ultramarines.

I tried to adhere to 10-man squads as much as I could, and I added Terminator Honours to the Sgt in the full tactical squad in order to reflect the Veteran nature of 1st Company.

If I reduced Squad sizes, I could probably add a Whirlwind or maybe even a Dreadnought... but total army efficiency was not the overall goal compared to a somewhat idealized & somewhat effective Ultramarines unit.

I still do have a cheap Las/Plas unit because I feel like I need the anti-tank. I have Scouts because I think they are cool. If I consolidated both, I could probably have another full Tactical Squad in a Rhino... I'm not sure I want that.

The Vindicator ideally rolls up with a Rhino on either side of it... I might chop down the Vindicator for a Predator Annihilator w/ Hvy Bolter sponsons... but I like the Vindicator. The Predator Destructor could be converted into a Dreadnought or to flesh out the rest of the Squads/maybe add a Razorback, but right now it's extra anti-tank that sits in the back.

[hr]
[size=14pt]Army Name: Ultramarines, 1st Company[/size]
Cassius' Apostles of Vengeance
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: Chaplain Cassius of the Ultramarines (point value in the Codex, not going to post it)

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: Tyrannic War Veteran Squad Phyleus: (257 pts)
- Brother-Sergeant Phyleus & 8 Marines
- Flamer, Heavy Bolter
- Sgt: Power Fist, Bolt Pistol
- Transport Rhino: Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Elite 2: Tyrannic War Veteran Squad Glaukos: (278 pts)
- Brother-Sergeant Glaukos & 9 Marines
- Heavy Bolter
- Sgt: Combi-Melta, Single Lightning Claw
- Transport Rhino: Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

[hr]

[TROOPS (512 pts total)]

Troops 1: Tactical Squad Lucius: (263 pts)
- Brother-Sergeant Lucius & 9 Marines
- Plasma Gun, Lascannon
- Sgt: Terminator Honours, Power Fist & Bolt Pistol
- Transport, Rhino: Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Troops 2: Tactical Fire Team Menix: (115 pts)
- Brother-Sergeant Menix & 5 Marines
- Plasma Gun, Lascannon

Troops 3: Scout Sniper Team Clavius: (134 pts)
- Brother-Sergeant Clavius & 7 Scouts
- 4x Sniper Rifle
- Missile Launcher

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT (296 pts total)]

Heavy Support 1: Vindicator: (163 pts)
- Power of the Machine Spirit
- Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Heavy Support 2: Predator Destructor: (133 pts)
- Sponson Lascannons
- Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1503 pts [/size]
(I hate being over)

44 troops
3 transports
2 medium tanks

[hr]

bun drone is offline   Reply With Quote