Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A balanced 2000 point List, balanced number of marines?
Closed Thread
Old 28 Sep 2006, 00:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default A balanced 2000 point List, balanced number of marines?

HQ:
Master
-Jumpack
-Pair of Lighting Claws
-Iron Halo
140 pts

Troops:
Tactical Squad:
1x Sgt. bolter
1x Marine, plasma gun
6x Marine, bolter
Rhino
-Extra armor
-Smoke launchers
188 pts
x3
564 pts

Scout Squad:
1x Sgt. power weapon, bolt pistol
7x Scouts, bolt pistol, ccw
135 pts

Elites:
Dreandnought
-Missle/Lascannon Combo
-Venerable
-Tank Hunters
-Extra armor
-Smoke launchers
165 pts

Terminator Squad:
1x Sgt. power weapon, storm bolter
2x Terminator, assault cannon
3x Terminator
280 pts

Fast Attack:
Assault Squad:
1x Sgt. power weapon, bolt pistol
1x Assault Marine, flamer
6x Assault Marine, bolt pistol, ccw
208 pts

Land Speeder
-Multimelta
65 pts

Land Speeder Tornado
80 pts

Heavy Support:
Predator Annihilator
-Heavy Bolters
-Extra armor
-Smoke launchers
138 pts
x2
276 pts

Whirlwind
85 pts

The total come out to 1998 points. I guess I could put a search light on each Pred to make it exactly 2000. I think it is overall a good build for a space marine army, that is to my likeing as you can see there is no bikes, just speeders. But I wanted to get a power sword on each of the tactical squad seargents, but I'd have to cut out my whirlwind for that. I don't know how I will be able to have both, any suggestions? And I was also wondering, on average how many marines do you have in your 2000 point army lists? This list has 24 tacticals, 8 scouts, 6 terminators, 8 assault, and the commander. A total of 47 infantry models. Is this enough? What are your thoughts on to how many marines you should have in a 2000 point list?

Oh, and I haven't had my codex since like a month and a half ago. It's been at a friends house, so if any of the math is wrong tell me. Now I'm about to go to bed, and I won't get back online to respond untill like 9 at night(my time) tommorow...(soccer game)

Old 29 Sep 2006, 02:29   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: A balanced 2000 point List, balanced number of marines?

I see this has been moved to a board that I didn't know existed until now. Sorry about that, as I haven't been on this website in like a month and a half.

And yet no replies? Or suggestions? ??? I want to know how many marines on average you guys run in your 2000 pt armies, and if this list is up to par with it.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 12:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, I don't like the system either. This board gets completely ignored. If it were on the Space Marine board, I might take a look at it. But honestly, I don't like doing army lists...it's the same every time.

To answer your question, you're under standard for a 2000 point army (although, I think your list is balanced). 40% is a healthy troop allocation, but you can go as low as 30% without being called a power gamer. Troops are the bulk of most armies and as Marines, we have the advantage of having some very durable troops with such flexibility as to negate any real need of any other unit type. The more troops the better in terms of competitiveness, and also fluffier. Such lists are boring though and take ages to move (on the table). Add another unit of marines, perhaps at the expense of their Rhinos, or any other unit that does not serve a unique purpose for you. Then you're golden.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 17:45   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, now I know there is an offical Space Marine army board.

But I don't think I'd want to take the rhinos away from my squads, because then their mobility as you said Tom is cut. And it does take awhile to move numerous infantry squads. But Rhinos can make the initial 12'' inch jump under the cover of smokes, and then possibly another and unload all the troops. So a rhino can transport (that is of course if there is other more potent threats in the army otherwise their toast) a squad of marines 24'' across in 2 turns, to whereas it takes twice the time walking. But still, 3 rhinos move 12'' on the first turn, pop the smokes, and unload the marines right after that. I don't know, I like to be able to move and strike fast!
Closed Thread