Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000pt. Space marines w/Radical Daemonhunter Allies
Closed Thread
Old 13 Sep 2006, 02:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 1000pt. Space marines w/Radical Daemonhunter Allies

Alright, I'm planning on expanding my Space marine army list to 1000, and I wanted to add some Radical Daemonhunters to the mix. The major goal of my army list is basically to keep my opponent off balance by disrupting their battle plan as much as possible. Because of this I usually win really big or I loose by an equally large margin. So without further ado, here's my planned list:

HQ

Librarian-Epistolary 185
Veil of Time
Fear of the Darkness
Terminator Armor
Familiar
Furious Charge
Frag Grenades
Bolt Pistol

w/attached Terminator Command squad 251
Sargent w/three Terminators
Frags for Sergent
2 Assault Cannons
2 Chain Fists
Furious Charge
Drop Pod

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord 97
Psycannon
Mystics x2
Sage

Elites

Daemon Host 85

Troops

Tac Squad One 115
Six marines
Las-Cannon
Plasma gun

Tac Squad Two 115
Six marines
Las-Cannon
Plasma gun

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Tornado 80
Heavy Bolter
Assault Cannon

Land Speeder Tornado 75
Multi Melta
Heavy Flamer

Totals
Infantry Models: 22
Vehicles: 3

I considered posting a more detailed description of how each unit is/will be used, but I figured I'd give everyone a chance give me a little feedback first. So, what do you guys think?

EDIT: Oh yes, by the way, this is a take-all-comers list. Also I'd say I'm somewhere between newb and vetran, but probably a bit more on the vetran side. Yay for reading stickies!

EDIT: EDIT: And now by popular demand, Force Composition by total and percent:

HQ: 533 or 53.1%
Elite 85 or 8.4%
Troop 230 or 22.8%
Fast Attack 155 or 15.4%
Total 1003 or ~99.7%
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 06:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 1000pt. Space marines w/Radical Daemonhunter Allies

looks great although your HQ is very very very very very expensive- it takes up 50% of your army! what i would do is remove the terminator armor from your librarian and command squad. after that i would add a small unit of grey knights couse they rock on the feild and they look so god damn cool.

I scored a 6 on my powergaming test Yay................ ha
Old 13 Sep 2006, 06:10   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Interesting list i would definately trim some fat off.

- I'd swap out a demonhost for a Callidus (first option) or Vindicare assassin (bit cheaper alternative "is that your commander?" 'Yes' "Boom he's dead")
- i'd either make the second tornado into a 65 points melta land speeder or up him to a 2nd assault cannon tornado (assault cannons are soooo yummy)
- Libby w/ terminator squad is alot of points. I'd dump the 2 chain fists if you need points. You could also drop the libby to a Codicer if you need the points. 185 points for an HQ in a 1000 point game is a little rough
- Libby should have a bolter instead of a bolt pistol (no point in sacrificing that part of him, the rest of his squad can shoot 24 inches why shouldn't he be able too also?

Quote:
HQ: 533 or 53.1% OUCHY
Elite 85 or 8.4%
Troop 230 or 22.8%
Fast Attack 155 or 15.4%
Total 1003 or ~99.7%
Be prepared. People may call this list beardy..... It is vicious and could get alot more vicious with a few changes.

This list will take all comer's there is no doubt on that
Old 14 Sep 2006, 01:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok, I've thought about it a bit and based on the feedback I've gotten, I'm going to change the list a little bit:

HQ

Librarian-Codicier 150
Fear of the Darkness
Terminator Armor
Familiar
Furious Charge
Frag Grenades
Bolt Pistol

w/attached Terminator Command squad 211
Sargent w/three Terminators
Frags for Sergent
2 Assault Cannons
Furious Charge

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord 97
Psycannon
Mystics x2
Sage

Elites

Daemon Host x2 170

Troops

Tac Squad One 105
Six marines
Las-Cannon

Tac Squad Two 105
Six marines
Las-Cannon

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Tornado 80
Heavy Bolter
Assault Cannon

Land Speeder Tornado 75
Multi Melta
Heavy Flamer

Totals
Infantry Models: 23
Vehicles: 2
Scoring units: 7

Force Composition by Total and Percent:
HQ 458 or 46.1%
Elites 170 or 17.1%
Troops 210 or 21.1%
Fast Attack 155 or 15.6%
Totals 993 or 99.9%
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 09:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Wow, nice list of a 1000 point list, but everyone missed a few things.

Librarian-Epistolary 185
Veil of Time
Fear of the Darkness
Terminator Armor
Familiar
Furious Charge
Frag Grenades
Bolt Pistol

No frag Grenades or bolt pistols in Termi armor! You will have to correct that. Also rending weapons and plasma will ruin your day since 361 points or over 33% of your force on just five models.

Having played alot of 1k games, points are tight so you can't afford to throw away any units. (Unless they are Kroot!)

Is the HQ still in the drop pod, if not that is not good. You will have to walk them up and they will get shot up. I like the fact that they dropped in to say hello.

I think your only problem would highly mobile armies as well.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 15 Sep 2006, 13:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
No frag Grenades or bolt pistols in Termi armor!
Hmm, you're right, I'll have to fix that. I'll drop the frags from both the librarian and Sergent, and replace the bolt pistol with a storm bolter.

The Librarian and his retinue will continue to deepstrike, but they don't need to worry about being in rapid fire range, they can deepstrike somewhere between 10 and 14 inches away to minimize the threat of losing the unit. The only thing that gets lost is the librarians Fear, and next round he can always move into range, ergo, no big loss. The drop pod would be nice, but it's not really necessary for deepstriking.

As for highly mobile armies, well, I'm pretty mobile myself so I'm not that worried. The Las-Cannons are there to deny the enemy mobility by destroying transports, and the landspeeders are obviously mobile. The Inquisitor can shoot on the run if the enemy is close, and each Daemon Host has a 33% chance of getting a psychically induced speed boost every turn after they deepstrike in. Finally there are the terminators, for whom mobility isn't really an issue as they can also shoot on the run. My army was largely designed on the idea of mobility, and while it's not the fastest, it still can compete with mobile armies.

Old 15 Sep 2006, 14:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Librarian and his retinue will continue to deepstrike, but they don't need to worry about being in rapid fire range, they can deepstrike somewhere between 10 and 14 inches away to minimize the threat of losing the unit. The only thing that gets lost is the librarians Fear, and next round he can always move into range, ergo, no big loss. The drop pod would be nice, but it's not really necessary for deepstriking.

Well, true they can deep strike just becareful where you land because if you happen to land close the the enemy, a careful commander will position two units so that it will leave you in rapid fire range of one of their units. I have done this to other players with my Black Templars and my Tau. Rapid firing plasma guns will have an effect on you termis.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 16 Sep 2006, 19:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Librarians in terminator armour cannot take Familiars, as they are not marked with a 'T'. Always pay for the Epistolary, always.

I'd suggest dropping the command squad entirely and getting another two tactical squads.

The second speeder should swap its multi-melta and heavy flamer for an HB and assault cannon. It's much better at a range against troops and armour.

Drop frags/bps on the Libby and you'll be just right.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 16 Sep 2006, 20:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Y Montyr
Librarians in terminator armour cannot take Familiars, as they are not marked with a 'T'.
Crap, I have really got to learn to be on the lookout for that. Well, since I'm having so many problems with the Command squad I'm just going to drop the subject and re-think my list.

Thanks for your help everyone, you helped find a lot of things that I overlooked.

Mods can feel free to lock the thread.

Closed Thread