Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Begginers Combat Patrol
Closed Thread
Old 04 Sep 2006, 15:51   #1 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Begginers Combat Patrol

no, this does not mean i am joining you pathetic marines* :P* sometime in the near future i am going to have a few of my friens over at my house to play a bunch of 40k games, most noticeably my friend Taylor, who is new to the hobby in its entirety.* now yesterday we discussed making a list for him to use during our games, i told him the armies he will be facing are Dark Angels (scout heavy), Tyranids (random, there is no correlation in the list) and my Mech Tau army (the great return!).* anyways, i wanted you guys to look over this list and give me your thoughts, because you are closer to experts than i am!

10 Marines w/ Flamer

10 Marines w/ Missile Launcher

5 Scouts, 1 w/ Missile Launcher

when calculating this i found it 1 point under 400, so use it to the max!

Old 04 Sep 2006, 16:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Begginers Combat Patrol

I'm guessing this is pure vanilla? Will you guys be proxying? As if not, I would try to explain the game to him beforehand with a proxy tutorial, so that he can choose some things about his army (Shooty or Assaulty, what race, traits, any specific chapter?) But for a VERY beginner's combat patrol, that looks okay. What weapons do the scouts have?

Best of luck,
Deadman
Old 04 Sep 2006, 16:49   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: Begginers Combat Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman42
I'm guessing this is pure vanilla? Will you guys be proxying? As if not, I would try to explain the game to him beforehand with a proxy tutorial, so that he can choose some things about his army (Shooty or Assaulty, what race, traits, any specific chapter?) But for a VERY beginner's combat patrol, that looks okay. What weapons do the scouts have?

Best of luck,
Deadman
Pure Vanilla, minimal proxying if possible, (i am allowing him to use my old Space wolves), i may allow him to choose traits and etc for the game, but for the most part i want him to learn basic tactis before specifics. he wants to use a static army, and i have taught him about the main basics of the game, such as rolls, movement, and a little bit of close combat (none of the morale and etc)

and the scouts have 1 missile launcher and bolters or CCWs, i still need to talk to him about that :-X

Closed Thread