Warhammer 40K Forum

Scout/Termie army. 2000points
Closed Thread
Old 01 Sep 2006, 05:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Scout/Termie army. 2000points

His Will:

HQ-
Capt in Terminator Armor,power wpn, storm bolter.
Cmd Sqd: Sgt, 2 normal termies, 1 cyclone termie,1 AC termie.

Elite-Terminators
Sgt, 2 normal termies,1 with cyclone, 1 with AC.
All with Tank Hunter.

3 squads of these.

Troops- Scouts

Sgt w/Termie Honors, teleport homer, sniper rifle.
3 snipers, 1 with missile launcher.

3 squads of these.

Sgt w/Termie Honors, teleport homer, bolter.
3 bolters, 1 heavy bolter.

3 squads of these.

Hvy Sppt-Whirl Winds x 3

Total: 1988 points.
(FYI, if my calculations are off, let me know)

I have 12points left +/-10 (our game group is relaxed and allows 10pts over what ever the game is). Any suggestions for the remaining points?
Old 01 Sep 2006, 11:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Scout/Termie army. 2000points

I truly hate myself for saying this, but why don't you just do a LysanderWing (the only difference would be that you are taking a special character instead of your captain, and that you have to play Imperial fists). the reason I say that is with the list you have, you might as well just have the termies all arrive at the same time instead of piecemeal...

Personally though, I don't like the list. It's boring and been done to death before (though again usually as a Lysander army). Most of all I don't see it being fun to play or play against. But your metagame in your area might call for army lists like this so more power to you.
Old 01 Sep 2006, 11:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I did the calculations and your army is actually 2140 points, so you'll have to drop 2 whirlwinds

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Old 02 Sep 2006, 05:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Howloutloud:
I heard about such a thing, but I have some cool fluff I forgot to put in here about why my squads have five men in them and why they operate the way they do. Personally, I do not enjoy Yellow for my armies and I never did like the Special Character.

Bob the Avenger:
Thanks for the clarification. Time to crunch some numbers again and see what comes up. I may tone the Termies down some, pop in more Scouts and keep 3 WW's.

Just a heads up, since this would be my final army, I am trying to include the Scouts, WW's and shooty Termies in this army as much as possible. These are the only units in the SM codex I have never used and am intrigued at what 3 WW's, a nice army of Scouts and some Terminators would do. Also, I do care about my opponent and want him to have as much fun as myself (unless it's Necrons, I never have fun playing against them ).

So if this type of list has been done alot, I'd just like to incorporate those 3 units into my final army in a fun and challenging way. Any suggestions? FYI, I plan to convert rhinos into WhirlWinds like this Damocles rhino I saw earlier. These would function as ways to communicate air strike co ordinates and either nuke an area or drop mines.