Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 pt Space Wolves Army - In need of Revision
Closed Thread
Old 31 Aug 2006, 04:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition
Default 1500 pt Space Wolves Army - In need of Revision

Hey all, I've been playing in a league for a couple weeks now and while I have been learning things I need to change in my army, I find myself in need of some real help when creating my army, so if any of you guys that actually know what your doing could help me, I'd really appreciate it.

1500 Point Space Wolves Army

HQ

Wolf Lord
Bolter
Power Fist
Bionics
Meltabombs

Wolf Priest
Frost Axe
Bionics

Troops

Grey Hunters(10)
Power Fist
Wolf Guard Leader
Bolt Pistol
Close Combat Weapon
Bionics

Blood Claws(15)
Power Weapon
Plasma Pistol X2
Flamer
Wolf Guard Leader
Multi Melta
Power Weapon
Bionics

Fast Attack

Blood Claws Assault Squad
Power Fist
Wolf Guard Leader
Bolter
Power Fist
Bionics

Elites

Wolf Scouts
Sniper Rifles X 4

Heavy Support

Long Fangs
Missile Launcher X 4
Pack Leader
Flamer

Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armour

Total - 1497

I have lots of stuff so I should be able to add anything you guys suggest. Thanks for the help!
Old 01 Sep 2006, 01:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: 1500 pt Space Wolves Army - In need of Revision

Time to go to work on each choice...

Wolf Lord
Bolter
Power Fist
Bionics
Meltabombs

Wolf Priest
Frost Axe
Bionics

Your Priest already comes with a power weapon- why give him a slightly better one? You can put that on your Wolf Lord and make use of his high Initiative 5, especially when you've got loads of buried power fists already if you need them. Meltabombs? I'd avoid taking these on your commander...since he's not ever meant to be fighting vehicles. Period. Keep him chopping up nasties in combat. Consider splashing out on some bling like a Belt of Russ for your Wolf Lord...that'll give him some real power against an enemy power weapon or gribbly. Not necessary, but if you're taking bionics everywhere...then consider it. If you're taking a Priest, then definitely throw in some 'Priest Only' gear.

Grey Hunters(10)
Power Fist
Wolf Guard Leader
Bolt Pistol
Close Combat Weapon
Bionics

Your Guard has no power fist?! Consider sticking a special weapon of some sort inside the squad...probably a plasma gun, so it rapid fires with your bolters and doesn't risk much. Power fists are the best weapons you can field in squads...and you should take all you can. Avoid bionics on your Leaders, especially if you're not giving the squad a special weapon.

Blood Claws(15)
Power Weapon
Plasma Pistol X2
Flamer
Wolf Guard Leader
Multi Melta
Power Weapon
Bionics

Multi-meltas can't be taken at all...nor should they be in such a squad anyway. Power weapons are not very useful in squads, power fists add a lot more at almost no more cost. Take them if you must, but fists are where it's at for your Wolves. Plasma pistols on BS3 models that are designed to be only in close combat is a bit wasteful...same with the flamer. You probably won't be using them...and should use the points elsewhere to get more bodies on the board or fists over power weapons.

Power Fist
Wolf Guard Leader
Bolter
Power Fist
Bionics

How many models are in this squad? It seems fine...just depends how big it is :P

Wolf Scouts
Sniper Rifles X 4

These are best used packed with plasma death...and are a brilliant suicide unit to sneak up behind the enemy with to do just that...or to knock out a vehicle. Other times they can be given a few close combat weapons and sneak up on a rear unit and jump them, though all situations are risky...and it's just up to what you want in your list; anti-tank, anti-infantry or choppy sneaks.

Long Fangs
Missile Launcher X 4
Pack Leader
Flamer

A Leader is just there to be shot, nothing more. Giving him a special weapon just means he'll cost more when he dies. Rocket Launchers aren't that bad a choice, but you should also consider taking some more maximised anti-tank power and rely on the rest of your list to take care of enemy infantry.

Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armour

I see nothing you can stick into this and you definitely need more models on the board...a Predator set up to kill infantry would cover for the weapons lost and just take another squad with the points left over.

Overall, I'd say your army needs a small rework to increase models and the loss of the Crusader would allow for this easily. I'd go into detail, but I'm not a Space Wolf player and I'll leave specifics to the experts. Just remember: fists over power weapons everytime except for characters.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 19 Sep 2006, 03:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 1500 pt Space Wolves Army - In need of Revision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requisition

1500 Point Space Wolves Army

HQ

Wolf Lord
Bolter
Power Fist
Bionics
Meltabombs
Why bionics? Only helps v shooting, powerweapons and rending cut right through it.
Why a Powerfist you have init 5 as above poster said should use a Frostblade and Bolt Pistol no bolter 1 less melee attack.
you might want to think of substituting in a Rune Priest and putting him with your big Blood Claws Squad, his psychic ability gives a cover save and a Cyber Raven makes it so infiltrators can only infiltrate on a 4+ great against Nids.

Quote:
Wolf Priest
Frost Axe
Bionics
- Why bionics? Comes with a Powerweapon best to go with that, Maybe give Melta bombs as well.

Quote:

Troops

Grey Hunters(10)
Power Fist
Wolf Guard Leader
Bolt Pistol
Close Combat Weapon
Bionics
- As above why bionics?

Quote:
Blood Claws(15)
Power Weapon
Plasma Pistol X2
Flamer
Wolf Guard Leader
Multi Melta
Power Weapon
Bionics
- Assuming your going to put this squad in the Crusader it can only carry 15 models
- Possibly a Melta gun in the Squad

- I've found a couple power fists and a power weapon work great for Blood Claws. If your including a WGL a powerfist is great.

Quote:
Fast Attack

Power Fist
Wolf Guard Leader
Bolter
Power Fist
Bionics
- Basically as above

Quote:
Elites

Wolf Scouts
Sniper Rifles X 4
- I myself prefer to use the scout Squad int he Infiltrating role, hit em from behind.
- I give em a power weapon, meltagun and a WGL with a Powerfist.

Rest is pretty cool.
Closed Thread