5x Stubborn
5x Tank Hunters

Comments?

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 27 Aug 2006, 15:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Deathwing 1500

Over all it looks good, but 2 questions:

1. why mix might of heroes with fear the darkness? they seem to actually contra interact with each other.

2. why all the combi flamers on your sergeants? it seems like a waste of points to me, especially as with a deathwing army you never want to get that close to the enemy that you can use the flamers. unless of course your playing a cityfight game, in which case why aren't you taking flamers in your basic squads?
Old 27 Aug 2006, 17:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Might of Heroes and Fear of the Darkness work superbly well together. Fear of the Darkness has, at times, wiped out half my opponent's army (especially with deep strike) and Might of Heroes compensates for not having an extra attack - allowing him to function better as a squad killer. In this way, he can become a rather nice all-rounder. Although, I have considered Fury of the Ancients to replace Fear of the Darkness.

As for the combi-flamers, they're very, very cheap - all else I could buy would be bionics or a teleport homer, and I find combi-flamers to be the most practical.
They will do a lot more damage than a storm bolter if you do it right - 4 auto-hits better than 2 maybe hits. And whether I want to get close or not has little to do with it - it's if my enemy wants to get close. Deep-strikers and fast moving swarms will catch up to me, and it's a handy little cheap trick to have, just in case.

And heavy flamers are the absolute worst thing you can put on a Terminator. It's ONLY viable out of a transport or teleport; and even then, Assault Cannons will do the job nicely and be able to fire at enemies more than 8" away.
Combi-flamers allow me to have a flamer as well as the other weapons, in effect combining the aspects without compromising the efficiency of the squad.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 27 Aug 2006, 18:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I also like combi-flamers on my vets I see no problem there at all. Its nice to say you will never have an opponent that close but it does happen. Try and add a chainfst or two somewhere - thay are quite efficient at that they do. I'm a big fan of FotA/FotD combinations myself w/ FotA being my favorite with all the tau and eldar around.
BTW, tank hunter on ACs aint too shabby either. That all said your list looks fine. No real changes have to made at that point level. Drop Podded Dreads are nice as is a Dread w/ las&ml but your list should work as is. I think you already knew that ....
Closed Thread