Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Relictors, 1500 pts of rehabilitated Marines
Closed Thread
Old 16 Aug 2006, 23:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Relictors, 1500 pts of rehabilitated Marines

About a year ago when I started 40k and bought myself a Tau army, an old friend of mine rummaged around and found his old 3rd edition SM army. After some research I decided I'd like to play a Relictors army, and I went out and bought some marines to convert into Librarians.
With the models I have, the best fluffy army I could come up with was as follows. The two predators are an attempt to fill in some anti-tank punch, but I haven't bought those yet, so they're open. Please don't comment to tell me I need to change my list so much that half of the models will be useless or I'll have to buy hundreds of dollars of marines to have a fun competant list. Please do tell me how I can tweak, or invest a little bit to fluff my army into something fun and playable.

[size=14pt]Army Name: Relictors[/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: Epistolary Fluvius Camillus: 175
- Veil of Time
- Fear of Darkness
- Familiar
- Artificier Armour
- Teleport homer

HQ 2: Epistolary Cornelius Sulla: 175
- Veil of Time
- Fear of Darkness
- Familiar
- Artificier Armour
- Teleport homer

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: Terminator Squad 5: 250
- Cyclone x2

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Tactical Squad x10: 166
- Flamer x1
- Missile Launcher x1

Troops 2: Tactical Squad x10: 166
- Flamer x1
- Missile Launcher x1

[hr]

[FAST ATTACK]

Fast Attack 1: Assault Squad x7: 154
- No Equip

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1: Devestator Squad x5: 180
- Plasma Cannon
- Missile Launcher
- Heavy Bolter
- Lascannon

Heavy Support 2: Predator Annihilator: 120
- No equip

Heavy Support 3: Predator Annihilator: 120
- No equip
[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1506 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Like I said, the models are fairly set, aside from the Preds which I haven't bought. Any ideas for a more fluffy/more balanced Relictors list would be most welcome.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 06:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Relictors, 1500 pts of rehabilitated Marines

looks pretty good all round although i would drop 1 assault marine and add heavy bolters to your preads also split your tactical squads up into 2 squads of 7 and 1 squad of 6 meaning you can split your fire between targets

I scored a 6 on my powergaming test Yay................ ha
Old 17 Aug 2006, 07:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor Adele
HQ 1: Epistolary Fluvius Camillus: 175
- Veil of Time
- Fear of Darkness
- Familiar
- Artificier Armour
- Teleport homer

HQ 2: Epistolary Cornelius Sulla: 175
- Veil of Time
- Fear of Darkness
- Familiar
- Artificier Armour
- Teleport homer
Well Id give one a jump pack and send him with the assault marines, the other Id keep as an IC with the tac squads and Im not sure if the Artificer armor is needed. You can also drop the teleport homer from one and leave it on the other (preferably one with a jump pack). Also Im not sure if you want two of the same power, maybe mix it up some and get some variety so your two Librarians arent acting in the same role.

Quote:
Elite 1: Terminator Squad 5: 250
- Cyclone x2
I assume these guys you want to deep strike these guys. For deep strike you might want to consider heavy flamers or assault cannons over the cyclone launchers but if money is a problem and thats what you have then go for it.

Quote:
Troops 1: Tactical Squad x10: 166
- Flamer x1
- Missile Launcher x1

Troops 2: Tactical Squad x10: 166
- Flamer x1
- Missile Launcher x1
Mixing flamers with missil launchers is usually not a great idea. Id suggest a plasma gun to mix with the missil launcher instead.

Quote:
Fast Attack 1: Assault Squad x7: 154
- No Equip
I would give these guys melta bombs and maybe a sergeant with a power weapon or power fist. You never know when you will encounter something big and tough or a nasty tank or dreadnaught and the ability to take such enemies down is great.

Quote:
Heavy Support 1: Devestator Squad x5: 180
- Plasma Cannon
- Missile Launcher
- Heavy Bolter
- Lascannon
Not a bad mix there looks pretty good a little mix of functions but looks alright.

Quote:
Heavy Support 2: Predator Annihilator: 120
- No equip

Heavy Support 3: Predator Annihilator: 120
- No equip
Alrighty now these are the only two tanks in your force. At 1500pts Id think they would go down faster than you can blink. What I notice about your force is you have a lot of static elements and few mobile. I would suggest either to instead buff up the assault marines/add another squad and perhaps some land speeders. If you want to add more heavy support maybe a whirlwind that you can stick behind terrain and the lack of other armored targets wont matter as you can hide it from the majority of anti tank. Either way I would suggest instead of getting two tanks to add some mobility to your force. Land speeders can do this very well and so can assault marines or even bikers if you wish.

Those are my thoughts on the list.
[size=14pt]Army Total: 1506 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Like I said, the models are fairly set, aside from the Preds which I haven't bought. Any ideas for a more fluffy/more balanced Relictors list would be most welcome.
[/quote]

Old 19 Aug 2006, 23:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

HQ
I agree with Vash113 - get a jump pack on one of them. I'd also say replace his Art Armour with an Iron Halo.
I don't much like Veil of Time - it's often better to get a cheaper power. I'd say that, for the non-packed Libby, drop Art Armour, take FotD as your first power, and get Fury of the Ancients.

Elite
Get Assault Cannons instead - they're simply better, since the rest of your list can go tank-hunting instead of these guys.

Troops
Put them into 3 squads of 6 men each, with a Plasma gun and Missile Launcher - the missing 2 marines should pay for that.

Fast Attack
Get these men a sergeant, and bring their squad size up to 8 or down to 6.

Heavy Support
Buy your predators sponsons.

Never mix weapons on a Dev squad like that. Focus is key - I'd suggest either 4x Missile Launchers or 4x Heavy Bolters. Either way, it should save you points.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 31 Aug 2006, 00:09   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah, It would save points and help with targeting if you move the missle launchers over to the Devaster squad and move the shorter range weapons to the tac squads.

The jetpack is a great idea

Fear of the darkness is such a power

Extra armor on the predators would be great.
Closed Thread