Closed Thread
Old 16 Aug 2006, 11:48   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default advise on my 1000pt Black Templar Conflict Army

Hi all, need some help, this is my army at the moment:

Reclusiarch with terminator honours + meltabombs + teleport homer

Emperors Champion with the 6+ invulnrable save vow

Castellan with powersword + storm sheild + terminator armour

Terminator command squad, 4 termies, 1 with powerweapon, 2 with powerfist, 1 with chainfist, 1 assault cannon (this squad cruises around with castellan, deep strikes behind enemy tanks or near reclusiarch squad and seems to do quite well in the test games so-far)

Crusader Mega Squad, 8 marines ccw, 1 with powerfist, 5 neophites (this squad is with reclusiarch and EC)

Crusader support squad A: 5 marines, 1 with rocket launcher, 1 with plasma gun, 3 with bolters

Crusader support squad B: 5 marines, 1 with rocket launcher, 1 with plasma gun, 3 with bolters

Dredanaught with assault cannon and extra armour

any suggestions will be really appreciated! bare in mind i actually HAVE all these models to use, !!!! i will be using this army at an upcoming conflict tourney! thanks all
Old 16 Aug 2006, 15:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: advise on my 1000pt Black Templar Conflict Army

Buy your chaplain a bolt pistol.

Don't take the 6+ save vow, it's better to have cover. Get one of the others, trust me.

EC can't join squads, IIRC

Bit too many termies for 1000 points, don't you think?

Pretty good, otherwise.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 16 Aug 2006, 15:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

looks all right, should be able to kill things nice and good. have fun and report back yoour battles

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Old 17 Aug 2006, 00:11   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

yeah the chaplain does have bolt pistol, just forgot to write it.
yeah I have won 3 in a row against chaos

They had 5 chaos terminators
demon prince (buffed to the max)
2 squads (one shooty, one choppy)
1 Rhino
Chaos Sorcerer
Squad of Tzeentch guys

The enemy generally concentrated shooting my dred, termies, and large crusader squad, but rightious zeal got them up quick and killed everything.

would anyone suggest removing termies and getting assault squad/more marines (maybe infiltrating sword brethren)?
the way i see it, the termies in my castellans retinue are 185points, and this could only buy me around 7 assault marines with weapon upgrades. Thats only 3 more bodies, and without the total scare factor of the termies (at the end of the day i dont mind if they get blown to bits because the enemy would have to waist lots of fire power to do this, buying my large crusader squad enough time to make it accross the board).

Also, I would like to mention that the 6+ inv save Vow has been very helpful. I know that u can get better cover saving throws if u are hiding behind a rock or something. HOWEVER, this vow is great in close combat where BTs are ment to be! the look on my opponets face when i save 2 of my NORMAL marines from getting destroyed by a demon prince weilding a powerweapon...priceless!

(Please don't double post, there is a modify button. Thanks - Stam)
Old 17 Aug 2006, 00:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Don't double post use the edit function, an assault squad would probably serve better in a smaller points game so go for it, if you make them the same (or close to the same) points value then switch them out at will

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Old 17 Aug 2006, 05:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Y Montyr
EC can't join squads, IIRC
Bit too many termies for 1000 points, don't you think?
EC can join squands, just not command squads.

Hmm 1000 points, my favorite
Reclusiarch with terminator honours + meltabombs + teleport homer
Drop Meltabombs, you have the termie unit. which is already too expensive.

Emperors Champion with the 6+ invulnrable save vow
This is my favorite Vow.

Castellan with powersword + storm sheild + terminator armour
Too many HQs, Me thinks. Is up to you, but a shooty army will tear down you number quickly and with low numbers it will hurt more.

Terminator command squad, 4 termies, 1 with powerweapon, 2 with powerfist, 1 with chainfist, 1 assault cannon (this squad cruises around with castellan, deep strikes behind enemy tanks or near reclusiarch squad and seems to do quite well in the test games so-far)

Very expensive unit.

Crusader Mega Squad, 8 marines ccw, 1 with powerfist, 5 neophites (this squad is with reclusiarch and EC)

What no Plasma gun, Meltagun or Flamer????????? Drop those Meltabombs and get them something.

Crusader support squad A: 5 marines, 1 with rocket launcher, 1 with plasma gun, 3 with bolters
Crusader support squad B: 5 marines, 1 with rocket launcher, 1 with plasma gun, 3 with bolters

These two units are great, have you tried one with HB?
Dredanaught with assault cannon and extra armour

Nice.
WT

I might try that termie unit, in 1000 points, Terminators either win or lose you the game. I run a Vindi so that Template or AP2 love kills lots when it lands right.
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 17 Aug 2006, 12:11   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the advise wolf-tau.

yeah the termies are expensive so i might try assault squads and dropping the marshal for another 6 man tactical squad with a heavy bolter. maybe will have some points left to spend on more troops for large crusader squad, and even make the dred venerable? I have not done this before to the dred is it worth 20pts?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 12:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
and even make the dred venerable? I have not done this before to the dred is it worth 20pts?
The Venerable upgrade makes the Dreadnought more difficult to destroy. As a rule, a Dreadnought should only be made Venerable if it is sufficiently upgraded. So, I would only make your Dread Venerable when you have given him some more upgrades like a skill or the Missile launcher and Lascannon.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 13:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The list seems rather solid. I agree with Wolf-Tau about the terminator command squad: it's too many points.

I suggest to drop the castellan and use a normal 5 men terminator squad (maybe with 2 assault cannon). If you want to tank-hunt with them, then the chain fists are awesome when you reach the tank, else drop them too.

Drop the meltabombs on the chaplain and give him 3 cenobites, to help his Righteous Zeal rush.

I'll give a lascannon to one of the two support squads, or maybe to both.

And use the saved points to beef up the cc squad: 10 initiates and 10 neophytes to make them the majority armour as soon as possible, in order to use them as meatshield for the first wounds and trigger Righteous Zeal without losing too many initiates.

Tactica: Black Templars
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=28873.0

Assault cannon for Dreadnought rules!! Here's why:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=17692.0

Make the best of your Crusader Squads. How?
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=18509.0
Closed Thread