Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

9th company arrmy list. shooty marine army from hell...
Closed Thread
Old 24 Jul 2006, 21:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 9th company arrmy list. shooty marine army from hell...

i got the idea the other day to do up a shooty marine army from hell, and settled on the 9th devestator company. i've ideas for fluff, of this company being under constant attack, representing the reduced size of the company. im just delighted i can squeeze in that many heavy weapons! the list is dodgy, lacks mobility, and any ability in close combat, but can outshoot almost anything. could be fun to try out though...

the idea is to have 10 squads, all loaded to the teeth with heavy weapons.

traits: honour your wargear.

HQ:
master. Power weapon. bolt pistol. 91pts.
command squad. 5 marines w/ 2 missile launchers tank hunters 130

Captain. . bolt pistol. 61pts.
command squad. 5 marines w/ 2 missile launchers 115

Elites:
5 Devestators. 4 rockets. tank hunters. 170

Troops.
5 marines. lascannon. flamer 96
5 marines. lascannon. 90

Heavy Support
5 Devestators. 4 heavy bolters. 135

1498pts...

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 24 Jul 2006, 22:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: 9th company arrmy list. shooty marine army from hell...

Shooty...although the flamer looks a little out of place. I'd use six man squads too (at least) because currently, three casualties in a squad will reduce it to under half strength.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 22:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you could take the see but don't be seen, and with a couple of points moved around have an army that could literally be set up after your opponent... > You might lose one of your dev. squads (or better yet your second HQ), but the look on your opponents face would be more than worth it.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 03:01   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Imperialis

I agree with everything Tom and Howl have said. You should definitely drop that second HQ choice and beef up your units to six. Why not give the Master a Storm-Bolter?
Old 30 Jul 2006, 18:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

because i need the second HQ to get my hands on a second command squad to get my hands on a squad with more than one h.weapon. it IS a devestator company after all...

id love 6 man squads, but then i cant take 10 squads with point restrictions. so 5 it is. it has to be.

flamer is there because i had 8spare points, and no idea how to spend them. flamer came to mind more for a laugh than anything.

see but dont be seen would rock, but remember this force is representing a full company. and that means 10 squads, not 9. id love to pull it on someone, and at 1850pts, i would but not at 1500 unfortunately.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 30 Jul 2006, 19:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to charn

The Master should actually be 94 points, as you must also buy Tank Hunters for him. Should only really be a problem if you're picky about going slightly over 1500. You could drop the flamer, replace the Master's bolt pistol with a Storm Bolter, and give the Captain a CCW (or replace pistol with bolter) just to use up that last point.

It's certainly an interesting and rather frightening list, 52 marines with 32 heavy weapons First turn death to anyone stupid or unfortunate enough not to deploy their units in or behind cover!
Closed Thread