Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

yay two models painted
Closed Thread
Old 23 May 2005, 23:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to phish
Default yay two models painted

yay ive finally got some models painted!

the assault marine is my sarge, hes my fav thats why he was one of the first painted. Other guys my official tester. Hope you like.
Old 24 May 2005, 01:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus
Default Re: yay two models painted

Well it is PROBABLY nice work... but youve got an *ssload of glare form your camera or something and they're really blurry. Take s'ore pics if possible.
Hah! That's my suggestion! That's the second time now I've been taken seriously! YES! *dances*

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 24 May 2005, 05:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The problem with the photos is that your camera was focussing on the objects behind the model. To fix this, move the camera further away from the model, and get rid of anything in the background. I use a piece of blank paper leaned up against something to create a curve, then have the model standing on it.

Painting wise, is there any particular reason why there is red paint flecked over the top of the assault sarge? Also, the paint looks a bit thick on the powerfist and pistol. Some areas to work on:

- Try black lining the model with a dark red (black might be a bit harsh, especially if its not super thin, which is hard to achieve) to get some differentiation happening between the separate plates of armour.

- Paint the joins behind the knee and near the thighs black.

- The tester seems to have some shading work/highlighting done, but the brightness of the colour and the small difference between the shades means that it all just kind of blends together.

Also, what colour primer are you using? I'm guessing white, judging by some of the missed parts on the inside ridges of the shoulderpads. I realise that GW preaches white paint to people who paint red, but unless you can shade the shadows, it can result in a very plastic looking model.

I'm guessing these are your first models painted ever. As such, i think its a good start Just have a lookee through some painting articles in WD and on www.coolminiornot.com, and if you want to get better, then you'll find yourself making the effort to try new things. But hey, at least you're into the hobby

Good luck, and may you someday win a daemon

Favourite Bands: Ayreon, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Spock's Beard, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Porcupine Tree, Phish.
Old 24 May 2005, 19:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

ya im new at this. The dots on the sarge are there because i dont like the decals and i cant hand paint symbols so i use the bottom of the brush and put that places. I dont know what your talking about shading i cant do anything besides putting paint on the model. I use black primer works pretty well.
Old 24 May 2005, 19:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

i think that it is a little too simple of a design but thats just me i think that you painted it too thick and you should just keep trying oh yeah and give 'em some more detail

thats my advice
Old 24 May 2005, 21:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

trust me any more detail would kill me, it took me half a week to paint that guy! i think i just need to make everything smoother and less globby!
Old 24 May 2005, 21:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Phish needs to take his meds
trust me any more detail would kill me, it took me half a week to paint that guy! i think i just need to make everything smoother and less globby!
That would be good.

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Closed Thread