Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

dark knght(grey knight)
Closed Thread
Old 22 May 2005, 16:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via Yahoo to soloplumber
Default dark knght(grey knight)

heres the squad leader of my grey knight's. i dont play deamon hunters but i liked the minis and so now they are dark knight's, i think that htey are gonna be azrael's body gaurd. tell me what you think, and do you think the white storm bolter and hands are to much?
Old 22 May 2005, 17:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: dark knght(grey knight)

Soloplumber:

Beautiful Knight
I think it's totally fine as it is. However, I do think that the white of the storm bolter draws a lot away from the rest of the mini, but really it's fine.

Looks great!
Old 22 May 2005, 17:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

thnx mal keep rockin!
Old 22 May 2005, 17:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Court Jester

I think the colours work really well on this figure, especially with the intent that they be part of a Dark Angels army. Very sombre and also a good clean finish. No matter how well a figure is painted if the colours do not work the figure does not work. What I think will really finish the figure off perfectly is the base, I do not know what you have planned but I am sure it will rock.
Old 22 May 2005, 17:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

thnx jesta i think im gonna do the top of the pack in white as well and change the color for the rest of the squad. this guy in nowhere near done yet, the rest of the squad's progresion is about the same. I am rushing on the figures i have because im getting a shiteload of tau in mail this week. these guy's are real important to me thogh so i am taking my time(about three weeks) with them. i see the white hands as wing's i guess was my original idea but I agree that they detract from the rest of the mini,the ribbons in generral. the eyes of this mini are stop light red from testors and sparkle darker than blood red, i havent been able to get a pic of it because of the reflective quality of the silver jaw area which is kind of the only part of the original scheme i kept. whoa, that was a speil! haha!
Old 22 May 2005, 18:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

so cleanly painted plumer! great mini, I agree with mal about the white, the hands are fine but perhaps a white helm? that would counteracct the white omn the SB
Old 22 May 2005, 18:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

hmmm that was kinda my original idea for the inner part of the helm, to bring out the red eye effect. the weathering on the sword is my finger's by the way, i like to paint the blade first and then handle it for the duration of the painting process. some times the technique looks really good and i'l leave it, sometimes it need's alteration. i havent done the pack's or the back of the torso yet, and the other four sets of hands and guns are still black. i am gonna think about the white helm thogh thanks again for the input fellas.
Old 23 May 2005, 08:54   #8 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

I think the armour needs more highlights, and the gun needs more shading, but that looks like a very good model, although not quite finished yet.

I never lose, I choose not to win.

There are two types of people, those who like chocolate and communists.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
Old 23 May 2005, 10:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

its very clean...it has a lot of precision put into it...but it still doesn't look real. it looks kinda flat, despite your meticulous care. the shading is all just basic black-lining. give some layering and blending a shot, it really does make the mini that much better

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 23 May 2005, 11:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

my stuff has been called cartoony, and that's ok with me im not really going for realism. i like the model to make it's own shadow's. thank's again for your input guy's
Closed Thread