Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some Stuff
Closed Thread
Old 13 May 2005, 05:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Some Stuff

Hi all

Well, I finally got around to taking some pics of stuff that, yet again, I said I'd post awhile ago.* So here goes...

First up up is the FW to PF conversion I said I was going to try.* The idea was that I had leftover legs and a helm from the FW box, but no torso, so if I could just sculpt one....etc.* The first image is the sculpt, the second and third is the painted image.* I didn't push the painting on this one...just base coat with 1 pass at highlighting.* Enough to get him what I consider 'table ready.

Fourth and Fifth up is the PF 'ui.* Technically, he's not finished either, as there are still some highlights on the green of his under garments.* I pushed the paint job a little further with this one, though I think I could've done better if I hadn't gotten tired of painting it.* I don't have the patience to work on a single figure for very long... I suppose I should develope some.

Sixth up is a Stealth 'ui.* Again, he's basically painted to the level of what I call 'table ready'.* Just wanted the bloody thing done already...lol.

So there...I said I'd post'em and here they are...now back to the grind.*

-M

[attachment deleted by admin]
Old 13 May 2005, 06:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to wera Send a message via MSN to wera Send a message via Yahoo to wera
Default Re: Some Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael
Hi all

Well, I finally got around to taking some pics of stuff that, yet again, I said I'd post awhile ago. So here goes...

First up up is the FW to PF conversion I said I was going to try. The idea was that I had leftover legs and a helm from the FW box, but no torso, so if I could just sculpt one....etc. The first image is the sculpt, the second and third is the painted image. I didn't push the painting on this one...just base coat with 1 pass at highlighting. Enough to get him what I consider 'table ready.

Fourth and Fifth up is the PF 'ui. Technically, he's not finished either, as there are still some highlights on the green of his under garments. I pushed the paint job a little further with this one, though I think I could've done better if I hadn't gotten tired of painting it. I don't have the patience to work on a single figure for very long... I suppose I should develope some.

Sixth up is a Stealth 'ui. Again, he's basically painted to the level of what I call 'table ready'. Just wanted the bloody thing done already...lol.

So there...I said I'd post'em and here they are...now back to the grind.

-M
they are tooo tauish.. well they look o.....k
Old 13 May 2005, 12:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Looks great, though the PF has a bit much armour on him...
Old 13 May 2005, 13:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Dralok Send a message via MSN to Dralok

thats a good sculpting job. turned out great.

Shas'la-"Sir are you sure we shouldn't be running away from the Blood thirster?"
Shas'ui-"Of course not, dont you have complete faith in our ethreals? for the greater good... CHARGE!"

Old 13 May 2005, 13:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Aargh! How do you sculpt like that? You should work for GW...
Nice work Mael.

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 13 May 2005, 16:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Slai

The idea behind the PF conversion was that you could buy the Devilfish box that comes with 8 FW's and convert them to get a squad of PF's, complete with DF and somehow save a few bucks or something.

I think in the end, it's do-able, but yea, the result is basically a FW with a longer helm. Still...for those of us on a budget, it definitely works as an option.

Magnus....lol. GW's a bit out of my league I think, but I'll take the encouragement any day...

-M
Old 13 May 2005, 17:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thats a cool idea Mael!
You can also make a bonus fire warrior from each sprue, since all thats missing is a torso...
Old 13 May 2005, 18:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

nice job, wish i could sculpt like that. i have loads of tau body bits left but no torsos. any tips?
Old 13 May 2005, 19:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Slai

That's exactly what I did with this PF...he was the leftover from the FW boxed set I bought, sans torso. I think there's even enough bitz to make another, though all I have left now are the helmet-less tau heads...so sculpting a PF might be more involved in this case.

Midnight

Kinda hard to suggestions on how to sculpt a PF torso...but I will say this; having an actual PF mini with a clear view of the torso helps much.

I basically put a pin into the top of FW legs and sculpted a blob of putty over it roughly the size and shape of the torso. Let that harden, then add another layer of putty for the actual armor and shape it appropriately. I used alot of straight edged tools for this one, as the armor mostly has angles and straight edges. Use small tubing for the circular disk on the chest and back, and layer the collar on last, after the armor underneath is hard.

Not sure what else to advise...as I said, it's hard to give sculpting tips in this format. Maybe I should've done a 'how-to' tutorial on the PF conversion.....lol.

Anyways, hope this helps,

-M
Old 24 May 2005, 11:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Beautiful work Mael

Surprisingly we have a very similar looking stealthsuit going on! Great minds think alike I suppose

Can't wait to see the rest!