Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Showing off my Tau
Old 29 Aug 2008, 16:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Showing off my Tau

Hey guys. I am still kinda new to these boards, but anyways, i figured i would finally show off my tau. I am just getting started with this army, and i got two units finished. The main goal of this army is too have a fully painted force, not just half a unit here or there. So in terms of my painting, i am going with faster techiniques of painting, actually painting full units at a time, so doing the assembly line painting. Also i am using inks and washes and keeping highlights of certain colors limited for effect.

So i started off with a battle force, extra hammerhead, and two extra crisis suits, one being a commander. Also ordered the shadowsun mini as i was gonna do a conversion for my commander, but that fell thru, as i wasn't happy with the size of the weapons to the suit. Its a start of a force, and i am working on them also for a 200 point a month progression army build and play thing a the local GW store. I am behind by two months, so thats another reason for a faster and simpler scheme. Right now i am done with the first 220 points, and working on the 12 kroot, marker drone, and commander, followed up by the next two stealth suits. After that i will get to the two tanks.

In the case of my tau, i have chosen to go with a yellow and black scheme. I was looking at different sept colors and i couldn't decided. I opted for a dark red, almost burgundy accent for my sept colors. I didn't want to go with the blood red of the vior'la, and wanted to use the sept Elsy'eir. So i opted for a darker red. Anyways, enough blabbing. Heres a link to my pbase account since i can't post the pics directly from the site. Enjoy. I will add more tau pics as i work on finishing them.
Direct link to the stealth suit images in my tau's gallery.
http://www.pbase.com/image/102347264

If you want to compare my painting skills, my amethyst fists are my DIY marines i am doing. They aren't my absolute best work, but they are alot more tedious, and why i haven't finished them yet. For them i have just a 6 man tac squad, 5 man tac squad, a dread, couple of characters finished and several more tactical marines in stages of being finished. They are also on hold till the new dex comes out.
Childofdelight is offline   Reply With Quote