Bocephus 50 44.25%
Orkwarrior 5 4.42%
Ravager Zero 38 33.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Aug 2008, 10:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Tale of Nine Gamers - Army Photos Voting

We've had plenty of time for everyone to get their entries in, although mine is not present because my shoulder pads *still* haven't arrived - I shall be receiving no points for the army photos this month.

D Black tells me his camera is broken, but sadly the poll must go out and I delayed it long enough as it is. He shall also receive no points for army.

If an army is not here aside from my own or D Black's - the reasoning for which I have put above - it means I have neither received the entry nor have I received an explanation. This may become a Tale of Seven Gamers, without Valten or Psyco.

[hr]

Voting Criteria:
Voting is on painting, army composition and conversions, as well as overall army standard in painting and conversions and overall look - hence only three shots, one of the whole army and two of other aspects as per the entrant's choice. You might say you can't vote on composition as there are no lists here, but that's the point. You should be able to see the capability of an army by looking at it.

[hr]

Scoutninja/Not-A-Ninja

[hr]

Majonga

[hr]

Bocephus
The Brotherhood - Complete army.

Bocephus - HQ

Troop 1 - Tac. Squad Cash

[hr]

Orkwarrior

[hr]

Ravager Zero

The Army

Commander (Unpainted, hiding in the building)

Close up of FW Shas'ui, Warfish mark II in the background

Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 11:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tale of Nine Gamers - Army Photos Voting

well done everybody who got entries in
Bocephus gets a cookie in my book, I like the Terminator lord, and the painting is really good.
Ravenger Zero for the conversions, plus i like the pose his Commander's in. though the pics aren't such good quality.
I have to say i generally like Orc Warriors army, a good basic 500pts there, which is kinda what this is about isn't it.
Cookie for Scoutninja too for managing to fit a lascannon into his army.

(i can't vote for mine because that would be unsportsmanlike)

fluffs up in the 40k creations fluff board if your looking for it.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 18:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

What do you want people to vote on here? We need some criteria on which to vote on. Do you have to have your bases flocked/painted?
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 18:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

the vote is based on army building and to some extent painting, conversions etc. essentially on whose army you think is the best all round (at least thats how i interpreted the rules).
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
Old 24 Aug 2008, 19:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

If the rest of Tau Online is to vote on this we should have the rules posted here and what we are judging the entries on.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 19:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena031
If the rest of Tau Online is to vote on this we should have the rules posted here and what we are judging the entries on.
its been kinda difficult since the whole thing is now spread over three different boards, the rules etc. are actually all down in the project log board http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=69991.0

if your gonna vote in this thread it would be great if you could head over to the fluff/stories board and vote in that one too. essentially on the same parameters as this one. http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=71198.0
Old 24 Aug 2008, 20:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Majonga has pretty much nailed it there. Voting is on painting, army composition and conversions, as well as overall army standard in painting and conversions and overall look - hence only three shots, one of the whole army and two of other aspects as per the entrant's choice. You might say you can't vote on composition as there are no lists here, but that's the point. You should be able to see the capability of an army by looking at it.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2008, 08:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Can't vote for myself, as Majonga says, unsportsmanlike.
But I can vote for the person with the nicest looking army/best looking conversion.

And I need to stop using a camera that's so old it could legally attend primary school. :P

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 19:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hey all,

I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words and to apologize for the poor quality of the pics. I was in Dallas on business and had to finish the painting up while in the hotel room. It was touch and go there for awhile, wasn't sure I was going to get them up in time.

But the Brotherhood finds themselves in good looking company! My personal kudos go to Ravager Zero for some fine conversion work (I'd love to see more of that Warfish), and to <<Majonga>> for the quality of painting on those fellow Chaos Marines.

Good luck to all on the next 500. You all should see some armor and demons joining us outlaws 'fore long!

Bocephus
Old 27 Aug 2008, 19:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus
But the Brotherhood finds themselves in good looking company! My personal kudos go to Ravager Zero for some fine conversion work (I'd love to see more of that Warfish).
We can arrange that in the next army showcase. There should be two of them, and a custom Sky Ray.
Just gotta get my A in to G and make the second one.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote