Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Secrets of the Third Reich British Steel Troopers
Old 11 Jul 2008, 21:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Secrets of the Third Reich British Steel Troopers

As a basically impatient person I wasn't content fo Westwind to release the official British Steel trooper models so have converted these from the existing german drop troopers models. The photos have killed some of the subtle highlights, but looking at the photos I think the models may look a little bland. maybe I should add some paint chip weathering?

Corporal Sharpe
Born and raised in the northern city of Sheffield, Sean Sharpe spent the majority of his adult life before the war, working in the steel mills now responsible for the suit of armour he strides to battle in. Sharpe's squad were one of the first support units outifitted with the Britis Steel armour after it was retorengineered from the Germans. The suits are showin signs of wear now as mroe advanced versions of the armour recently entered production, rendering the Sharpe's design (much closer to the German originals than the more contemporary design) close to obsolete. Loathe to retire a unit so experienced when manpower is such a rarity, the war effort instead re-assigned the unit to the newly formed 'Gre Company' black ops outfit under the jurisdiction of MI:13. Though not particularly knowledgable about the occult, Sharpe's combat experience is invaluable and the company's preference towards covert operations covers up any discrepancies in the older armour design.

Agent Patrick 'Fourleaf' Murphy
Owing to Sharpe's relative inexperience with the occult, in order to function as an effective part of MI:13's grey company, an experienced field agent was assigned to his squad. Most people assume Fourleaf's nickname is a result of his Irish Heritage. In truth this is merely a coincidence. The name 'Fourleaf is derrived entirely from his extraordinary luck. Patrick Murphy's paranormal abilities furst came to MI:13's attention when his squad was caught in a nazi ambush. The unit died around him and Murphy was shot twice in the chest. Both shots miraculously missed any vital organs and were classed as little more than a fleshwound. Since then he has been shot fourteen further times, been stabbed three times and twice stepped ona landmin, each time escaping with little mroe than cuts and bruises. But Fourleaf's good luck in life or death situations is matched only by his bad luck throughout the rest of his day to day life. Some jokers have been heard to suggest the term 'Bad Luck Boys' was first coined when referring to Fourleaf Murphy. Paranormal scholars have sugested it is a result of a univeral imbalance, cuasing each of Murphy's fortunate escapes from death to be balanced out by an equal amount of misfortune in his day to day life. in these dark days of war MI:13 values a field agent who seems almost inapable of dying

Thanks
Corai
corai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2008, 02:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Re: Secrets of the Third Reich British Steel Troopers

These look awesome, what range??
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2008, 03:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luy22
What he said.

This is real slick man, like always.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2008, 05:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Haha! It seems tragically ironic to call a man who has been shot sixteen times, stabbed three times and stepped on two landmines, 'lucky'. I love it!

These are however some of the wierdest models I've ever seen. Can you imagine seeing a line of these fellas marching across no-man's land towards you? I don't know about you but I'm fairly certain I'd soil myself. :P
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2008, 10:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Brill models. Neat job.
Fluff is good as well.

How do you use these models?
Is there a ruleset for them or do you use them as 'counts as'?

- [i]Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2008, 11:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

They remind me alot of the heavy troopers from F.E.A.R.

Good job on the painting, I love it.
Old 12 Jul 2008, 11:21   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luy22
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandomshadow
How do you use these models?
Is there a ruleset for them or do you use them as 'counts as'?

Secrets of the Third Reich

[hr]

Fantastic models, the fluff is great, really original and the models themselves look brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2008, 11:28   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Personally I hate those models (apart from maybe the cool helmets) but the painting is good and they're well based. Plus the fluff made me laugh. ^^
Old 12 Jul 2008, 15:13   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

These, like your last lot, are brilliant, well done.

I would suggest maybe some more detail like unit badges and insignia, that might spice up the suits a little. The general blandness I don't think is too much an issue, as WWII british uniforms were pretty monochromatic, i.e. green. but if you added some small details on the shoulders or maybe even ID numbers on their backs it might highlight them a little.

I'm really tempted to look into this range. Very much like the Silent Storm PC game that was alternate WWII history with power amour. I love the look.

Do more!
Old 12 Jul 2008, 15:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Is this one saying,

"Hello big boys"

Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote