Default what do u all think?

just finished what do u think??

[URL=http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/chazza253/paintings005.jpg][IMG]
chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2008, 04:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: what do u all think?

The pic doesn't seem to do it justice but it looks pretty darn good. .

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2008, 06:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to jais

It's brilliant!
Could you get a better pic?

Also, you might want to base it...
jais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2008, 08:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jais
It's brilliant!
Could you get a better pic?

Also, you might want to base it...
Seconded (in all respects).

Unbased miniatures aren't finished.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2008, 09:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I really like it. But good luck doing your whole horde in that scheme and detail level
Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:13   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

um thanks i think. im new to this painting this so i dont know much about the base bit. ill try and get a better pic for you's. i'd prefer to go into detail with all my painting i quite enjoy it. i thought if u klicked on the pic it gets bigger and you can see it alot better. sorry im still kinda figuring out this site.
chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazza
...i thought if u klicked on the pic it gets bigger and you can see it alot better. sorry im still kinda figuring out this site.
That's correct, but it's still not very big. We can't enjoy all the nuances of your painting technique when viewing a model this large from such a distance.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:33   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Unbased miniatures aren't finished.
Meh, I disagree. Some bases look too much like dioramas - like the model is always in the same place. To have a more generic base - or even leave it totally unbased - relegates the base to just that, something that holds the model up.

I don't have anything against basing models, I just don't like 'base nazis' who complain or won't even let you field models unless they are standing on some fake grass patch.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 21:05   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't think you need to go all out with the landscaping, but I do think basing is pretty important. The base is still a part of the model. So I think it is worth taking the time at least to paint it neatly.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2008, 14:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
I don't think you need to go all out with the landscaping, but I do think basing is pretty important. The base is still a part of the model. So I think it is worth taking the time at least to paint it neatly.
Definitely. The only bases that don't need decoration are transparent ones. I cannot count the number of times I have heard the excuse "basing makes models look out of place on some battlefields". Models standing on flat plastic discs look out of place on all battlefields...unless you're playing on a giant sheet of flat black plastic or something. :

Most tables are grassy, so basing with grass will ensure they blend in a little better on most tables. Fact. The second most common table we play on are city ruins. So if you base your models on one of those two types of table, you can't go far wrong.

Can't say I'm all too chuffed at being referred to as a 'base nazi'. The visual aspect of the game is a massive factor (otherwise we might as well just use bits of paper or play exclusively on Vassal), so it seems to me a little unreasonable to associate me with one of the most thoughouhly evil regimes the world has ever known, just because I want my opponent to put a little more effort into his miniatures.