Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Current status of Dark Angels
Old 14 Jun 2008, 06:21   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Current status of Dark Angels

Updated army. Now all I have left to paint is a Tactical Squad, two Devastator Squads, and Azrael. That might be it for the army. I can't really think of anything else I want to add.

khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2008, 06:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: Current status of Dark Angels

Awesome. Very neatly painted, and I love terminators.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2008, 12:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Wow, Khanaris, those look fantastic. Deathwing and Ravenwing? Awesome. ;D
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2008, 13:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Wow! Magnificent! Those are absolutely gorgeous!

Flawless, beautiful work. ^-^
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2008, 13:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I demand close-ups! And brownies!

Quote:
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 04:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
I demand close-ups! And brownies!
I second this demand!

And I never knew you could paint like this...
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2008, 04:53   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I love the Land Raider... how did you make that guard? I kind of want to do something like that on mine now... (unless you'd consider that stealing your idea.)
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2008, 06:23   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Thanks for the comments, guys! Close-ups may have to wait until I can figure out how to do them with my camera. I may need to set up a light box and play with the settings. Even with macro mode I have never been able to get good close-range shots with it. I will see what I can do in the morning with natural light. Might help the color balance a bit, too. These shots have more yellow in them than is actually there. :-\

I managed to win best appearance at a local Rogue Trader today, so I am pretty happy with them. Battles didn't go so well. I managed to massacre a Black Templar army with minimal damage, but I got taken down fairly hard by a 20+ Dark Lance skimmer fleet and badly stalled out by a few bad rolls against another marine army. Belial died in dramatic ways in all three games, and was actually the only model to die in all of them (killed by an Archon, a Dreadnought, and then the Emperor's Champion). The Librarian never got a scratch on him. :

I would behappy to help if people want to try any of the conversions. I picked a lot of them up from other armies myself. But I am not sure which you mean by "guard", All-father. The Land Raider is basically just a stock Crusader with some of the Dark Angels pieces on it. It is actually a repaint from an older Space Marine I had lying around.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 06:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

I think he means the pintle guard on the land raider. I noticed that too, that isn't part of the kit is it?

Quote:
Old 15 Jun 2008, 06:33   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
I think he means the pintle guard on the land raider. I noticed that too, that isn't part of the kit is it?
On the multi-melta? That is actually the metal piece that came with it, but I am not sure if they have changed the kit at all recently. That particular model dates back to the earliest release of the Crusader. I have had it forever it seems. When I repainted it I added one of the Dark Angels insignia to the side of it, which might be why it looks different. I may have had to shave off some rivets. Because I was repainting, I wanted to make sure there would be some sharper detail. So I added a lot of bits before I applied a new undercoat. That last army used an undercoat with dry-brushing, so the paint wasn't thick enough that I needed to strip it. I will take a clearer picture of it in better light. It is pretty blurry at the moment.

I saw a beautiful conversion today, though. The Black Templar player was also fielding a Crusader. He replaced the upper pintle mount with a full Predator turret with a converted multi-melta. The effect was amazing. It made the tank look even bigger and meaner. He is fielding a combat engineer army, so there are a lot of little conversions like that. Didn't save it from the chainfists, though. :shifty: