Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

FW Broadside
Old 31 May 2008, 03:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default FW Broadside

My Tau has a very baisic, simple, blue scheme. Here is one of the two Broadsides:

Another view:

And some Fire Warriors for scale:

I try to keep it simple and quick, so there are no highlights. That is on purpose. The splochy base coat of regal blue is also splochy on purpose, I think it makes it more worn and appropriate for Urban combat.
And looking at these I see I did a poor job on the lenses...

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 05:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: FW Broadside

What's that green thing to the left?

But to comment on the painting, it's well done. Although blue and red shouldn't go together. :P
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 05:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to The_One

HOLY CRAP!!!

These things look amazing, I love the white bandings and regardless of what Guest007 says I like the red and blue
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 08:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

Looking good - the scheme itself is simple, but effective imo. Painting-wise it could use a few little improvements - for a start, the darker blue might look a little better with a second coat. You might want to try detailing the lenses a little as well - just do pretty much what you've done to the thing on the right, but in a smaller scale. Also, the sept markings look rather messy - it might help if you bought a smaller brush. Try art shops, they often have brushes that are smaller than GW sizes, perfect for little details like that. Also, I must say that that Broadside's pose is rather static - I know it's meant to be a static firing platform, but a little more going on with the legs and/or arms might be nice. For example, in future, you could have one of your suits looking off to the left and pointing one arm at it, or one slowly plodding forward - experiment a bit.

And I'm with I AM BORED WITH MY NAMES - we wanna see more of that dakka-tastic contraption you've got over there hiding on the left!

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 09:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Looking nice. ;D The broadside is v.well done and the fire warriors are excellent.Well done ;D :P
Old 31 May 2008, 11:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

To me, it looks like those Tau are begging for extreme light blue highlights! It just makes them look more defined, in my opinion. Also, you might want to consider cleaning up the crevaces by watering down some Chaos Black and gently painting it in there. (If you do this, remember to water down the black a LOT! This way, if you spill over onto the raised parts, you can just wipe it away with a clean brush.)

And the missiles look way too bland. You DEFINATELY need to highlight them with a lighter red.

Other than that, that's some mighty fine painting you've done there! It looks quite bold!
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thanks for the great responses guys, its really appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar_Will
Also, I must say that that Broadside's pose is rather static - I know it's meant to be a static firing platform, but a little more going on with the legs and/or arms might be nice. For example, in future, you could have one of your suits looking off to the left and pointing one arm at it, or one slowly plodding forward - experiment a bit.
Yeah, I realized that too. I have another yet to be built and that is exactly what I was planning on doing. I tried to make him squating more, but it didn't turn out right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar_Will
And I'm with I AM BORED WITH MY NAMES - we wanna see more of that dakka-tastic contraption you've got over there hiding on the left!
Its the assault cannon for my Marauder. Like I said in the other thread in Painting, anything not bolted down was removed and painted. Its sitting there because the magnet broke off the stem and I didn't want to remove it. You can pretty much see the whole thing.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote