Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

144th Osirox Chimera
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default 144th Osirox Chimera

As it is customary for me to find something to help me procrastinate finishing my baneblade, I have finished my Chaos Guard Chimera. The first of many more to come.

Other than a few minor details, I think she's finished! I haven't named her yet, though...

Coming soon: CCW Crisis: painted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 144th Osirox Chimera

got lots of ork bits...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Solar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip_II
PK nobs, Big Choppa bike boss, and Flash Gits!(oh wait that wasn't a tank, it was flying...) ;D
Shut it...
I love Flash Gits
Orks: W: 11 L: 4 D: 2
BA: W: 2 L: 4 D: 2
IG: W: 1 L:2 D: 0
Bretonnians: W: 2 L: 3 D: 0
Bretonnians ("Line Breaker"): W: 1 L: 0 D: 0
Clip_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip_II
got lots of ork bits...
Yeah. A whole three! :P

[hr][hr]

Quite a cool looking Chimera, Manatee, but those tracks look way too clean for me. I use a 1:1 mix of Chaos Black and Tin Bitz on my tracks, but that'll be a lot darker than your tracks are now. Maybe just dirty them up a little bit with some earthy colors.

And I've been wondering, what's that on the frong right hand side of the Chimera? I've been trying to figure it out, but I've got no clue...

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 23:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Dry brush some brown onto the tracks (mud) to make it look more dirty and worn. Otherwise, the picture isn't great but the model itself is great. I like it!
Old 24 Apr 2008, 00:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

thanks guys!

Oh, and I think the thing your talking about GD, are two Guard helmets from a loyalist regiment!
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 24 Apr 2008, 00:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtHM!
thanks guys!

Oh, and I think the thing your talking about GD, are two Guard helmets from a loyalist regiment!
I should've phrased what I was trying to say better. I was referring to the thing nailed to the right hand, forward-most section of tack guard.

The helmets are a nice touch, though.

-Grandpa Ducky

Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Highlights and details, they're on the model to stand out, not be washed under a monotonous wave of a base colour. You paid for details in the mini, your wasting money by ignoring them. Adam Smith is turning in his grave.

This mini doesn't seem finished to me, at least finely drybrush the edges to give a little highlight, nothing in life is flat like that.

Can't wait for improvements,
Mothman
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtHM!
thanks guys!

I should've phrased what I was trying to say better. I was referring to the thing nailed to the right hand, forward-most section of tack guard.

The helmets are a nice touch, though.

-Grandpa Ducky
Oh! it's an ork head stabbed into the track-guard by a knife. Sorry about the blurry pics, but i'm no pro.

Oh, and mothman, there ARE highlights around the edges. I just noticed that my camera made the terracotta and lighter TC blend into one red...sorry.
Quote:
Old 24 Apr 2008, 04:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Now I see it! I was seeing a Cadian helmet with a poorly GS-ed face in it, but I was pretty sure it wasn't that. It's so obvious now, though...

I've got to agree with Mothy, though. A little more time spent picking out details might make this model considerably better. Maybe take a bit of boltgun metal and pick out some of those rivets? I reckon it might 'seem a little more finished,' to borrow Mothy's phrase.

-Grandpa Ducky

Old 24 Apr 2008, 06:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

The rivets wouldn't be Boltgun Metal, they'd be the same colour as the rest of it - they're applied during construction, so would be painted with the rest of the tank. If you want to pick out the rivets, try a rust bleeding effect - mix up a rusty brownish colour, then paint each rivet with it, then give it a little, downwards pointing "tail" - that's rust bleeding out from years of corrosion. Check out Stankov's stuff for an idea of how to do it. As for the model it's good so far - I realise that there's some bits, like the tracks and the oil tank that you haven't painted yet, and I'm sure you're going to do so. But remember it's IG, so make it dirty - Boltgun Metal drybrushed over Tin Bitz gives a nice effect, and if you want to darken it up a bit then give the metals a nice black wash afterwards.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote