Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Griffon: Vintage Model [Image Heavy]
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Griffon: Vintage Model [Image Heavy]

A little late for the competition, but I did get it done fairly quick compared to my other tanks in the new style. Hopefully this means I'm getting better with my new scheme, though I thinks its just there's a whole lot less surface area.

I'm very pleased with the armored skirt, its actually quite easy to make.

I used pieces of the sponsons off of Leman Russ tanks, the side plate is the top and front piece, the top of the sponson forms the side of the skirt, and the back side is a piece of plating from the Chimera kit (its unused in a Chimera, but used in the Basilisk).

Anyways, here it is,

C&C appreciated and encouraged!

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Ge. Stankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Griffon: Vintage Model [Image Heavy]

looks very nice. Lots of painting detail. Perhaps less rust would suit my taste more, but i'm sort of a clean look lover anyway. glass, cammo, and theme are all good work.

You did a nice job on an old model.
Shaso Wanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Another rust-bucket, Stankov? :P

Very nice, though. As with the last batch of tanks, you demonstrate your mastery of the rust effect once again. Excellent job on the camo, very nice work lenses (as usual), and I love the dozer.

Great work, all around,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

looks great! i like the scheme. are griffons included in the dex anymore though? or did i think of the wrong tank (maybe it was one of the russ variants that was gone?)
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Wanax: I always hear a lot about the rust, its apparently quite liberal. No matter, I like it
I am very pleased that I did justice to an old model, it was disappointing to see it before, it looked pretty bad.

Ducky: I can't help it, I finished the camo, and I told myself I wouldn't overdo the rust... but then I did
Thanks man!

Scizor: Thanks! Unfortunately, Girffons are no longer in the Codex, to my diasppointment. They also got rid of the Vanquisher and the Exterminator (which I plan to redo next )

Thanks all!
Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Who am I to question a general's taste in rust ;D

I'd like to see the army it goes with sometime.

Shaso Wanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Theres the issue.

I have done so far, including this one, 3 tanks in the new scheme. I also have upwards of 10 Valhallans that form command squads, but when I play smaller games, I only use Cadians. Said Cadians number about 50, but 30 are in old schemes I've abandoned, or are very poorly done. An additional 10 are yet unpainted.

That leaves perhaps 10 troopers I would be happy with showing... not impressive.

Hopefully by summer, I'll have painted the remainder that have yet to see paint, then I'll start redoing the old ones, and by the end of summer I'll have a decent army.

But by then my tanks will look bad, and I'll have to redo them and...

It never ends.
But look around Showcase, my other tanks are up here in the past few dozen posts.

Stankov

Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

ahh, thats bad. but are you going to just proxy them as russ and basilisk? or go with the old rules? or maybe forge world got rules? one idea is to have the vanquisher as a basilisk with that no-open-topped upgrade?
Old 17 Apr 2008, 00:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nope, I'm a sort of purist. My opponents let me use the old rules, so thats what I do.
Although thats not a bad idea, if I ever go for tournies.

Stankov

Old 17 Apr 2008, 00:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Looks great. As always, a bit too heavy on the rust for my tastes, but still excellent work.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote