Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

7000pt Apocalypse Crusade Army
Old 02 Nov 2007, 11:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default 7000pt Apocalypse Crusade Army

All my marine forces have joined together to reclaim worlds lost to the 13th Black Crusade. During the fighting a portion of the 13th company have made themselves known and made contact with the Space Wolves. No one is sure how they will be welcomed or what their motives are, but for now they fight against the forces of chaos...

Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 12:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 7000pt Apocalypse Crusade Army

Impressive but what I miss is something that screams Apocalypse.
There are no legendary units or battle formations (not sure about the battle formations...).
Apocalypse for me over 3000 pts should include some legendary units. I mean... what will this army do against two warhounds, or three baneblades backed up with 5500 pts normal troops and stuff?
The titans/baneblades on thier own can lay waste to entire armies on their own.

I know that this is all your collected stuff but if your thinking of getting something extra to your army for Apocalypse I strongly recomend some baneblades. If you skilled enough, building your own warhounds isn't that hard. Where I live we are constructing warhounds like crazy atm. One guy makes his warhounds of plasticards and some scimatics from some place. Looks really nice but abit like a box in my eyes.
another guy is makeing one from GW bases and a defiler box. That one is looking really good, but requires some more patiance.
And these things are well within limits to use for gaming dont differ to much from the origninals. And they only cost aruond 70 to make (the GW bases and defiler titan).
And the plasticard warhound much less.
If you want I can add some pictures of these warhounds.

Other things you could do quite easily are thunderhawk and thunderbirds (fighter plane... cant remeber if that name is correct).

Yours Truly

Vash

It's just a game... have fun!
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 12:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

thats a lot of marines! D:

good job ^_^

but like vash was saying.. its mostly transport vehicles.. which wont last long against bigger things.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 12:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

I don't know, I rather like it, it's very organized, a mass legion going to war, very balls on sleeve.

I never liked the idea of including titans or baneblades in spacemarine armies anyway. If you want to make it more apocalypse themed, I would suggest a Thunderhawk or.....if you can somehow make the Land Raider Terminus not ugly.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 13:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I must admit this force is cobbled together for a game against a chaos army which is similiarly cobbled together. We've agreed on no legendary units so we can concentrate on the basic apoc rules.

My nid army is 7200pts.

60 Guants + 60 Hormaguants (Endless swarm)
50 Stealers (Flank march)
8 Fexes + Hierodule (Mycetic Spore assault)
Winged Tyrant
Hivemind Brood (3 tyrant guard, 3 thropes and a tyrant)
3 biovores
3 lictors
Hierophant

It really wouldn't be fair to unleash that on a noobie apoc player using a handful of chaos armies cobbled together with no legendary units. So instead we're going for the classic match up of chaos space marines vs astartes. A baneblade would ruin the fluff unless I had infantry and tank companies backing it up. I mean baneblades are super rare. Like 3 per guard supreme commander, just shoving one into an astartes army for the sake of it would spoil the game for me. If i want to play my guns bigger then yours, i'll use the hierophant. Which wasted 2 baneblades in 2 turns the other day.
Old 02 Nov 2007, 13:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I cry out of joy every time I see that beautiful tool of the Hive Mind...

Nice Space Marine army! You've got a lot of Rhinos, to block LoS... for a turn... and then they explode... :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 16:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth
If i want to play my guns bigger then yours, i'll use the hierophant. Which wasted 2 baneblades in 2 turns the other day.
That's hardly difficult. It's the most broken unit in apocalypse, which itself is so inbalanced it's hardly funny. I'm not sure if I dislike the Trygon more tho. Tyranids are one of the things why I wrote of apocalypse as pointless, and the hierophant is 50% responsible. I find it amusing when people "boast" about it's capabilities, which is like bringing a tank to a kids school fight...

Cheers
Old 02 Nov 2007, 17:02   #8 (permalink)
Anton

A truly fantastic collection Gareth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
It really wouldn't be fair to unleash that on a noobie apoc player using a handful of chaos armies cobbled together with no legendary units. So instead we're going for the classic match up of chaos space marines vs astartes. A baneblade would ruin the fluff unless I had infantry and tank companies backing it up. I mean baneblades are super rare. Like 3 per guard supreme commander, just shoving one into an astartes army for the sake of it would spoil the game for me. If i want to play my guns bigger then yours, i'll use the hierophant. Which wasted 2 baneblades in 2 turns the other day.
Well done you for sticking to the principles of 40k, I know most people would stick their middle finger to sportsmanship and instead resume mercilessly beating some poor kid, good on you mate.
Old 02 Nov 2007, 17:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutami
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth
If i want to play my guns bigger then yours, i'll use the hierophant. Which wasted 2 baneblades in 2 turns the other day.
That's hardly difficult. It's the most broken unit in apocalypse, which itself is so inbalanced it's hardly funny. I'm not sure if I dislike the Trygon more tho. Tyranids are one of the things why I wrote of apocalypse as pointless, and the hierophant is 50% responsible. I find it amusing when people "boast" about it's capabilities, which is like bringing a tank to a kids school fight...

Cheers
If you were my oponant and you were unhappy about facing the hierophant i'd let you use my nids and i'd use your army. I'm not fussed if I win, I just want to see big cool stuff participate in games. Obviously i'd expect you to return the favour by letting me use my own models against yours in a rematch.
Old 02 Nov 2007, 17:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

i see you simply combined your SM armies, looks very cool!