Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Color Scheme Sampler Pack
Old 02 Oct 2007, 01:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Color Scheme Sampler Pack

So I always like to check out other people's color schemes. There are a lot of creative people on this board, and I've seen some really cool stuff. But I also like to see how the scheme is spread out amongst the rest of their army, if there is something subtle that ties it all together, or if its something really obvious.

So post some pics of different units from your army so we can see how you use your color scheme.

Here's mine, I really don't do much with my Vespids and Kroot on tying them back to my normal scheme and I'm working on the Piranha right now, so that's why it isn't done.

Old 02 Oct 2007, 01:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Color Scheme Sampler Pack

Wow, very nice job there.
What color is the green, and how did you highlight it? I really, really like the tone of it. Something I'd definately want to use, or at least think about using, with my Plague Marines.

EDIT: Forgot about mine.
My camera is definately outdated, and terrible at taking photos of minis. So I'm afraid you have no physical evidence of my scheme :P

My Tau are painted with Bleached Bone for the main parts of the armor, and Graveyard Earth for the cloth/details, as well as some red for the details. The off-white and deep brown really go well together, and I like the look.
My Daemonhunters were more standard - Codex/Fortress Grey armor, red details, gold trim.
My Chaos were originally painted with Vallejo's Ghostly Grey - similar to Space Wolves Grey - which is a blueish white. However, when I decided that I'm doing a Nurgle army, I've been working on getting it a bit more green, which leads me back to my original question - what colors have you used to create your green? I'd love to know.
Old 02 Oct 2007, 22:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks, I should have said what colors they were in my original post. The Green is a cheap acrylic craft paint. Americana brand Lt. Avocado is the color. I'm in the process of switching my cheap paints out with Vallejo paints, but I haven't had a chance to find a match since I have to mail order all my new paints.

For the highlights I just mix in some bleached bone to the green and go from there.
Old 03 Oct 2007, 01:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hm, ok. Thought I didn't recognize it