Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

197th grenadiers so far(pic heavy)
Old 20 Aug 2007, 10:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 197th grenadiers so far(pic heavy)

Storm trooper squad 004

Command squad

My two dropping squads:

The one chimera I have done. First try at camo on a tank.
Erebus197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 10:06   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 197th grenadiers so far(pic heavy)

Squad 056

Squad 024(Veteran stormtroopers) and addition to the command squad I decided to make(Taking all these pics from my warseer log, so that why he came later)
Old 20 Aug 2007, 10:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

+++Thats wierd, my city fight guard are almost exactly like that! Fantastic models, I think you should put colour in alot of the recesses instead of leaving them black. Really good orange.+++

Sig by Drobot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Is a nice guy, though he shouldn't 'have to sig' something someone else says, just to please them.
[quote=Hadhfang]
Is just awesome, and probably emits an aura of Awesomage!
[
Hate Enriches
Sven-Kaiser of Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 10:38   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Alot of the recesses are either midnight blue or stayed black cause the human eye doesn't really notice it. That is why I hate cameras, my stuff looks better in RL. At the local GW people call me the three foot painter. Looks great(according to them, I am not that cocky ) at about three feet away, then when you get closer(or use a camera) you start to notice the mistakes a lot more.

If photobucket starts working for me again I will post my Word Bearers.

Thanks for the reply!

edit: I didn't notice until now the straps on my plasma gunners aren't painted! I think I fixed that, but gonna check now.

The pen and paper icon on the right of your post is the edit button. - Cadaver
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I love them! The color scheme is great and so is the paint job, and the conversions are bountiful and really drive hom the 'grenadier' doctrine. ;D
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:45   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks! The first post on my log on Warseer was something along the lines of "OMG it is the fuzz!" and a guy at my GW army keeps saying I play the police, so I guess that does fit with the ol' glory boys
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais

I love them. The highlights are quite thick, but from a tabletop distance look (or I immagine so) very good. The city bases are great, it's nice to see bases that arent just plain ol' sand painted brown. What I like most about these models is how the 'hot' colours are so vibrant, most notabley, the lenses/eyepeices. I'm not a fan of the fiery effect on the meltas and things but it does, however look well done. Obviously some of them still need basing, and that would really top them off.

Overall, although the painting is not specatular, they have a very good, uniform quality to them. Good job and keep it up!

>>Latest Sig<<
Kais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:57   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Those who are not based in the pic are based in real life(never took new pics). The flames on the melta guns are to go with the Helljumper theme. Yeah the highlight are thick, but in real life they don't really look it. My painting style isn't really the greatest for taking pics. If photobucket finishes its maintnance soon, I'll post some of the DG I been painting up. IMO they look really good, but the pics make the purple I added really stand out more than in RL.

Thanks for the reply! Hoping to get some of my Chaos up later.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 19:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

They look great! I love miniatures painted with an 'extreme' technique; they might not look as awesome as a Golden Daemon model up close, but they're not supposed to be viewed up close, especially not the faceless Imperial Guard! 'Extreme' models have a way of popping out at you on the tabletop, I think they look energetic and flamboyant. These guys look especially dynamic, I love the fiery orange. ^-^
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 23:47   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks! I actually don't think the color scheme would work without the fiery orange, or a similiar technique. I love the orange eyes, cause they are times I go over to the opponent's side to set up my DSing units, and I can notice them the five or so feet away I am.