Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Completed and Painted! GoW Conversion W/pics.
Old 09 Jul 2007, 02:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default Completed and Painted! GoW Conversion W/pics.

Some of you may have seen the unpainted version of this Kroot Shaper many weeks ago. Now, freely available, is the completed version. BEHOLD!!! :rockon:

My apologies for the poor images, they were taken by webcam. I am now accepting comments/complaints/praise/rants, as well as any suggestions for future Kroot conversions.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 03:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Completed and Painted! GoW Conversion W/pics.

sweet. i tried that, but it turned out looking like the plasma gun had over heated :P . For mercs im assuming?
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 03:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yep, counts as a shaper with a plasmagun and a power weapon.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Old 09 Jul 2007, 15:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Aunva Drklite

Sweet model, but shouldn't this be in showcase?

My kit at the moment
Aunva Drklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 22:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Nice,
I think I'm gonna steel the idea with the converted plasma gun
Old 10 Jul 2007, 00:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Wow, big gun.

Looks nice. I was actually thinking of converting some Locusts for (possessed maybe?) for my Chaos army, I must show GoW somehow in it!
How did you do the chainsaw? Did you just cut a bit off of a chainsword and glue it on the gun? It looks nice no matter what you did
Old 10 Jul 2007, 08:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
Looks nice. I was actually thinking of converting some Locusts for (possessed maybe?) for my Chaos army, I must show GoW somehow in it!
How did you do the chainsaw? Did you just cut a bit off of a chainsword and glue it on the gun? It looks nice no matter what you did
Chaos Chainaxe, actually. The evenly curved mono-sided axe head makes for the perfect adjoiner to this conversion. If you want to run it as a basic weapon, just file down or greenstuff the plasma coils.

I was actually thinking of making some Kroot specially designed to be Locust variants (including a Krootox converted into a boomer, a "theron" shaper, some wretches as kroot-hound stand-ins, and eventually a Nid-tainted Greater Knarlock as a Seeder (Count as a ridden Knarloc with explosive bolts)

Old 10 Jul 2007, 17:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

I like the wretch idea.

So, the chainaxe, hmm? I'll see what I can do.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 23:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think i just had a carnage-gasm a spiky cannablistic mound of selectively evolved fury, holding what is essentially a small star with a trigger and a CHAINSAW!!! ill take five hundred

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Bob the Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2007, 00:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Avenger
I think i just had a carnage-gasm a spiky cannablistic mound of selectively evolved fury, holding what is essentially a small star with a trigger and a CHAINSAW!!! ill take five hundred
Sigged.:rockon: And as soon as I get that many Kroot I'll mail them to you.