Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

contest pice
Reply
Old 06 Jul 2007, 16:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31
Default contest pice

hi my local gw is having a painting contest and i thought what the hell my first one.
so this fig i have done for it i have put all my effort into it so please be nice
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...afilter=images
__________________
da iron masks wwwaaagggghhhhh
da boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 16:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: You would like to know, wouldn't you.
Posts: 635
Send a message via AIM to cabomhn Send a message via Yahoo to cabomhn
Default Re: contest pice

From what I can see from the pictures it looks nice. Would it be possible for you to get some clearer pics.
__________________

98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
cabomhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 17:00   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31
Default Re: contest pice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabomhn
From what I can see from the pictures it looks nice. Would it be possible for you to get some clearer pics.
yeah i want clearer pics but my cam wont do it so i need help with that plz
__________________
da iron masks wwwaaagggghhhhh
da boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 17:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,663
Default Re: contest pice

What type of camera do you have?
What sort of lighting conditions are you using?
Do you have white paper you could use as a backdrop?

I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but try taking the picture against white paper (both below & behind) use bright lighting (outside would be best if it's sunny). If not, use combination light sources (such as incandescent, halogen, an fluorescent) or use real daylight bulbs (they look blue when they're not lit).

Keep the light source directly above the figure and, if possible, use one in front as well. Ideally, you should have enough light that you don't need the flash. However, a flash is not a bad thing. It's better to bleach out the picture a bit than to loose detail to shadows.

If your camera has a Macro feature, use it. But use the zoom with the macro rather than trying to keep the lens up close. This will allow more light into the picture and prevent your closeness from obscurring the flash.

If your camera does not have a macro feature, use the optical zoom to get close but avoid digital zoom as you end up loosing resolution.

Hope this helps.
Em
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 17:19   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31
Default Re: contest pice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
What type of camera do you have?
What sort of lighting conditions are you using?
Do you have white paper you could use as a backdrop?

I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but try taking the picture against white paper (both below & behind) use bright lighting (outside would be best if it's sunny). If not, use combination light sources (such as incandescent, halogen, an fluorescent) or use real daylight bulbs (they look blue when they're not lit).

Keep the light source directly above the figure and, if possible, use one in front as well. Ideally, you should have enough light that you don't need the flash. However, a flash is not a bad thing. It's better to bleach out the picture a bit than to loose detail to shadows.

If your camera has a Macro feature, use it. But use the zoom with the macro rather than trying to keep the lens up close. This will allow more light into the picture and prevent your closeness from obscurring the flash.

If your camera does not have a macro feature, use the optical zoom to get close but avoid digital zoom as you end up loosing resolution.

Hope this helps.
Em
thanks it will
__________________
da iron masks wwwaaagggghhhhh
da boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 00:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Edgewood, MD, USA
Posts: 1,231
Default Re: contest pice

Very nice but I would think there should be more shadding on the skin and pant but other then that 7/10
__________________
[CENTER]When you wish apon a star!!! Funny!!![CENTER]
laxlover_bill369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 01:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,879
Default Re: contest pice

Looks like Felix. The cape needs work.
__________________

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 03:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,838
Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: contest pice

Not bad, from what I can tell.
__________________

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 07:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mechelen, Belgium
Posts: 3,383
Default Re: contest pice

I think you need to drybrush the edge between the lighter red (red gore?) and the darker (scab red?) with some of the lighter red, making the transition from light to dark smoother. The rest is a bit too hard to make out, but if you'll try to take a few clearer pics, that won't be a problem.

PS: nice trampoline
__________________



'Bernard, do you think I should wash my beard?'
- 'Yes Manny, I think you should wash your beard, and shave it off, staple it to a frisbee, and fling it over a rainbow.'

Me : Pulp Fiction? Please, this amount of blood, can best be compared with 'showdown at the house of blue leaves' in Kill Bill 1.
T-002 : Sweet Charles Dickens, that much? It was a man, you know, not a 15-gallon barrel of blood...
Ineluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 08:35   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31
Default Re: contest pice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
I think you need to drybrush the edge between the lighter red (red gore?) and the darker (scab red?) with some of the lighter red, making the transition from light to dark smoother. The rest is a bit too hard to make out, but if you'll try to take a few clearer pics, that won't be a problem.

PS: nice trampoline
thanks everyone and Ineluki the lighter red was mechrite red mixed with blood red and the dark red was mechrite red mixed with charadon granite i love foundations oh and guys contest is today so wish me luck ;D
__________________
da iron masks wwwaaagggghhhhh
da boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HQ Contest [RULES] Hive Lord Tau Online Past Contests 31 03 Mar 2010 23:09
Writing contest!!! Maglet Fluff/Stories 0 26 Feb 2006 13:48
DOG CALENDAR CONTEST prode123 Enclave Talk 2 12 Feb 2006 14:44
That one contest... Feugan AM Enclave Talk 1 05 Aug 2005 14:55