Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Marines- Combat Patrol Army
Old 13 Jun 2007, 01:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Space Marines- Combat Patrol Army

This is my combat patrol force, they are not based but are painting is finished. They are a crusading chapter that is connected to the iron hands. They are my second army and i really would love some feedback on the painting, also i would like a rating overall from 1-10 as it helps me guauge my improvement better than adjectives like good, great, horrible, okay.

here are the shots of the three units

the command squad

the plasma squad

(which color plasma do you prefer?)

and the devestator (sorry about the horribly bright picture)

and now close-ups

The Standard Bearer(my favorite model)

his arm comes off :yes:

and my first ever freehand :|

The Commander

(he will become a seargent later on so hes not superbly painted but i think a little better

and the Plasma Cannon

my first try at light sourcing

i really have worked hard on this army so far and cannot wait to continue it, i did base the standard bearer and that will be how the bases will look for the rest of the army, i know they are not done now so dont all comment on the need to base them, i am fully aware of this. please respond with comments and critisisms, also i tried taking my pictures in natural light, save the devestator squad and would like to know if you like the picture quality or if you would of liked a pure white backdrop?
Old 13 Jun 2007, 01:27   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Space Marines- Combat Patrol Army

I have to say that it is pretty nifty. I like your color choice, its not something that you see every day.

But I have to say, I like the color of the plasma cannon more than the gun, sorry :P
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 01:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

i love the color choice, different, but fitting

"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it."
-Sun Tzu
ZOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 02:32   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

my only complaint is that the highlights are a little too thick, but otherwise they look great ^_^
Old 13 Jun 2007, 02:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I give them a 7 overall. I like the basing you chose for the standard bearer and I think the rest of the force will look fantastic once properly based. A few things could be neater but definitely a good looking force. The red plasma effect looks great but I really like the look of blue plasma, possibly even green for your guys since green would contrast well with purple.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 08:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Those are great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 16:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

since these guys are iron hands succesors i am starting my terminators right now, they will be the retinue for my chaplain in terminator armor and are the oldest of the army, without going into to much of my fluff this army is on a crusade to hunt down a techmarine that turned to chaos, now the terminators will be painted in original iron hands colors along with my chaplain and will eventually be 10 man strong. I will hopefully post a picture of the first one soon
Old 13 Jun 2007, 18:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

The source lighting effect is nicely pulled off and it really enhances the model. Good use of a grey knight too.

Looking forward to seeing the terminators.
Kalarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 19:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

A 6 from me now they're mostly finished and we can see them as a group. I like the standard bearer's lenses and (to a lesser extent) the freehand chapter symbol. I also still really like your extreme highlighting. However, that plasma cannon is a step beyond...he's fething awesome! Really loving the warning stripes on the cannon and the glow effect is lovely (definitely stealing it for my Elysian plasma gunners). Why did you do the plasma gun blue though?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 20:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Space Marines- Combat Patrol Army and Iron Hands Terminator Tutorial

Anti11es, I've moved the tutorial part to the painting board.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote