Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some of my Ultramarines
Old 07 Jun 2007, 17:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will
Default Some of my Ultramarines

I've been meaning to do this for a while, and I've finally got around to it - here is a selection of a few models from my first army, a 2500 point UltraSMurf list. Yes, I know that Ultramarines are considered bland and noobish, but I just picked them because I like blue and gold. If I'd known at the time how much everyone seems to hate Ultras, I'd had painted them up as the Blood Pigeons there and then. Anyway, enough jibba-jabba, here they are...

Commander Vitellius, Master of the Second Company and very fond of liquorice bonbons

Chaplain Calgon, revered Master of Sanctity

Speeder Gamma II, also known as Fides, piloted by Wing Commander Corvus and Brother Parvus

Tactical Sergeant Idoneus, posing for the camera

Command Sergeant Cautus, scanning the vicinity for a decent mug of coffee

And finally, the mighty Brother Tempesta, lumbering ever forward (Well, you'd lumber if you had one of those things on your back all day)

Any C&C welcome, apologies for the bad quality of some of the shots and the way the camera makes the blue look weird.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2007, 17:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Some of my Ultramarines

-Nice paint job,needs some highlightig though-

EVERTHING ELSE YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD
IS A LIE!
Commander NightGale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2007, 21:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Not bad at all. Paint's a bit patchy though, you could probably do with another coat. And perhaps you should try applying a watered down blue ink for some simple shading? I also recommend drilling out your weapon muzzles. It's fiddly at the best of times and sometimes it can go horribly wrong, but it makes a surprising improvement.

Nice to see you've made an effort for the bases too. So many people just leave them bare and it looks absolutely awful. The number of times I've heard 'I haven't finished the bases yet'...which of course roughly translates to 'I'm never going to do the bases because I'm too lazy, but I expect you to appreciate my models regardless.'
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2007, 23:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If the paints were a 60/40 mix of paint/water it would have come out even better mate! Love the colors though. Ultramarines ROX.
F3Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2007, 14:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Some of them do need an extra coat, although it doen't show up nearly as much in real life as it does in the photos. And as for highlighting, the few times i've tried it it has always gone horribly horribly wrong. At the moment I'm trying to get all the models done to tabletop standard and worry about highlights when I'm a better painter, though I might try what Tom said about the blue ink. I'm going to add some pictures of my Crusader, Dreadnought and sniper Scouts later when I've downloaded them off the camera.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote