Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Black Templar Landraider Crusader(finished, from the Painting forum)Pic Heavy
View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10, with ten being the highest, what would you rate this?
1 3 6.38%
2 0 0%
3 4 8.51%
4 7 14.89%
5 15 31.91%
6 10 21.28%
7 5 10.64%
8 2 4.26%
9 0 0%
10 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01 Jun 2007, 04:13   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default My Black Templar Landraider Crusader(finished, from the Painting forum)Pic Heavy

So, I've finished my second crusader, with the first one still not even close to being done... but I am drifting, and so, here it is!

I might be adding some spot lights, and/or smoke launchers, so stay tunned!
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 04:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: My Black Templar Landraider Crusader(finished, from the Painting forum)Pic H

Ok so what ever I told you on your painting topic stays. Plus->

Engines -> I like them! They are VERY clean. But dude two words -> Exhaust grease. It will change the looks dramatically.

Guns -> Dude, I'm sry but well... they suck. Especially (Edit: Assalt Cannon is fine, U can improve it though) Hurricane bolters... TOO shiny. Might want to dry brush em with gray or another metallic. Just make em less shiny.

P.S. Dude again, I like the paint. It is VERY good. Hull is a very smooth and really cool. I'm being harsh only because I know you got skills. In all seriousness. Its just PAINT. You can undo it easily. I repainted my Fish camo job three times ;D And still making last adjustments... Also on upgrade -> use your imagination. You can do a scroll, seals, or extra armor (I imagine you want armed crew?) or some runes on the hull. All kinds of stuff you can do mate

Walk Tall

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 05:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My Black Templar Landraider Crusader(finished, from the Painting forum)Pic Heavy

interesting afect making it lighter in the deaper areas... abit sloppy with the paint in some areas... but its fine if tabletop quality is all you want ... heck its better then mine anyway :

Artiglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 03:21   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: My Black Templar Landraider Crusader(finished, from the Painting forum)Pic Heavy

So, now I've got a question for a rating, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest, what would you rate it?
Old 02 Jun 2007, 03:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Clean lines and crisp colors. Looks very good but I think I gave it too high a rating. I would say it's around 6.5-ish. If there was a little more detail on it it would look better. Some drybrushing and more advanced painting techniques would make a great model. Don't get me wrong it is well above table top quality but it isn't 'Eavy Metal. Looks nice.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2007, 20:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: My Black Templar Landraider Crusader(finished, from the Painting forum)Pic H

sooooo much unpainted...
Old 04 Jun 2007, 20:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I said a 5 due to the colors and lack of shadding and highlighting, so ink it or wash it, then highlight it then its all good.
Old 07 Jun 2007, 04:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Did you prime the inside??
F3Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2007, 19:33   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I did prime every part of the tank, inside and out, some places(like next to the tracks) I missed, but it still turned out the same.
Old 09 Jun 2007, 19:43   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

5 - table top quality.

Why did you undercoat a black tank in white?

I just don't under stand - surely it would have been better to undercoat it in black and do the white in layers rather than doing it white...

What I think needs doing -

A coat of black ink on the hurricane bolters, painting the white gaps black, highlight the edges of the tank.

It's the amount of white where it should be black that takes away on this model.

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote