Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Golden Daemon Canada results
Reply
Old 19 May 2007, 11:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
Posts: 127
Send a message via MSN to King Ulrik Flamebeard Send a message via Yahoo to King Ulrik Flamebeard
Default Golden Daemon Canada results

http://ca.games-workshop.com/communi...demon/home.htm

KU
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
Lol. All Elves are women
Does your beard hang low?
Does it dangle to and fro?
Can you tie it in a knot?
Can you tie it in a bow?
Can you sling it on your shoulder?
Like a silly manling soldier?
Does your beard hang low?



http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/King+Ulrik
King Ulrik Flamebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 15:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton Ont. Canada
Posts: 6,441
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

Some lovely paint jobs, but it seems to be missing some really imaginative entries. I'll never forget the "Bombs Away" battle scene. A FW grot bomb suspended over epic scale tanks to provide the illusion of altitude. That's what I want to see more of! One of the "battle scenes" in this one was just a guy with a corpse on his base :
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch: the noob
Is it just me, or does Fish Ead really love to use a Dreadsock?...
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 19:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,194
Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

Lord Graviax is an awesome model though. I've seen it before on the B&C forums, here is a link. It's a heavily sculpted model and the pics on the GW site don't show the massive amounts of detail. The guy even worked the khorn symbol into the guys boot soles.
__________________



Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 01:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

this one] I think iw quite stunning..More so then the Berserker. Just great free hand.
__________________
Necron Battle Challenge Blog, Check it out!
Diplomacy Game thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 12:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,794
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
This one I think iw quite stunning..More so then the Berserker. Just great free hand.
Um.... You sure you got the right picture there? :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Falstead: I don't think you can ever justify a T5 goat in a regular 40k game
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 12:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: You would like to know, wouldn't you.
Posts: 635
Send a message via AIM to cabomhn Send a message via Yahoo to cabomhn
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Some lovely paint jobs, but it seems to be missing some really imaginative entries. I'll never forget the "Bombs Away" battle scene. A FW grot bomb suspended over epic scale tanks to provide the illusion of altitude. That's what I want to see more of! One of the "battle scenes" in this one was just a guy with a corpse on his base :
Yes, these are the type of entries that I miss seeing. I would like to see more dynamic battles scenes and overly creative entries.
__________________

98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
cabomhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 14:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in Ontario
Posts: 260
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

I for one don't quite understand how the Space Marine Scout snatched a bornze in the 40K single competition. Surely, there were more detailed, dynamic, and better painted models there?
Mr. Trulybored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 15:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
This one I think iw quite stunning..More so then the Berserker. Just great free hand.
Um.... You sure you got the right picture there? :P
Whoops, Anyway..it's http://ca.games-workshop.com/Communi...large_gold.htm

That one.
__________________
Necron Battle Challenge Blog, Check it out!
Diplomacy Game thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 16:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton Ont. Canada
Posts: 6,441
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

Paint job is beautiful, and it's nice to see someone actually convert something, but somehow it seems a lil off to me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch: the noob
Is it just me, or does Fish Ead really love to use a Dreadsock?...
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 17:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,807
Default Re: Golden Daemon Canada results

I'm highly disappointed. The battle scenes were all garbage, and the freaking LoTR one was probably the least trashy. The Slanneshi tank and Berzerker were incredible, but most of the other models were far from being up to the GD level I've come to expect.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LA Golden Daemon 08 Hyena031 Hobby 9 27 Sep 2008 19:26
Greater Daemon VS Daemon Prince VS Soul Grinder NeloAngelo Forces of Chaos 2 15 Aug 2008 13:36
are daemon hunters good enough at daemon hunting? fattyboy5 The Inquisition 6 14 Feb 2008 02:19
Creating O'Mont'yr (for Golden Daemon) The Mothman Conversion 5 23 Mar 2006 14:30
A couple of Golden Daemon Tau winners Waldo_Pepper Showcase 25 10 May 2005 16:41