Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ravenwing(complete)
Old 14 May 2007, 02:43   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Ravenwing(complete)

Getting close now. All I have left for 1,500 is a half-finished Deathwing unit and Sammael himself.

[hr]

khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 03:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Ravenwing Attack Squadrons

Wow, those are cool. Does that speeder on the right have missiles on the side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 03:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Very nicely done. Good colors, and they look very clean. I like that you made round bases for the bikes, too. Bases also look good, makes me wish I hadn't chosen to paint all of mine because I'm not too confident about how they'll turn out. :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 03:46   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
Wow, those are cool. Does that speeder on the right have missiles on the side?
Heh. No, those are just searchlights. I was so eager to use all of the parts on the Ravenwing sprue that I didn't realize why GW added an extra sensor mast to it. It turns out you only need it to build the Master of the Ravenwing (because of the book on the front). That mast doesn't have a searchlight on it, so I wanted to add one somewhere else.

[hr]

The capsule bases are a little tricky to make. They don't tell you that the round bases and the square bases aren't exactly the same height. The square bases are about a millimeter shorter. So I needed to do a little filling and sanding before I added the sand. I still have a few edges to clean up. It is definitely worth doing, though. They look a lot better than the cavalry bases that come with them.
Old 14 May 2007, 04:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hey Khanaris! Some nice stuff you got hear!

But u probably know exactly what am I going to say->

What I like->

Paint job -> approaching 10/10, I like high lights and I like the paint job generally, Its just a high class paint job, a VERY high class.

What I don't like -> (man he gonna ban me for this ;D)

Poses-> dull... common mate! they are freaking Bikers for sanity sake! U know I am a convertion/posing junkie! I can't look at stock models! ***I can look at urs because their paint job is just SOOO good. And I say it again, the only thing that I like is a Paint job that is just brilliantly clear!*** U can make them look like they jump over the small hill, splashing the water in a "small water pool" (I don't know the English word for that so sue me ;D) or breaking true some fence or something.

Weather/Damage-> Ok if u don't like damage, thats fine, many people do a brilliant models without damage and heavy weather. But common, u NEED dirty wheels and exhaust grease and smoke on the exhaust pipes (may be some cutton stuff as smoke, but that isn't really necessary), Pictures are a bit "obscure" If there is dirt on wheels then I'm sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------->

But anyway ***Opens up two bottles of beer, hands one to Khanaris, drinks one himself*** To you mate! Congrats on the compleating a staggering amount of work. I am considering to get some bikers for myself... Although I'll get eldar jet bike force most likely, damn I just have to find 15> jet bikes for dirt cheap price ;D...

Walk Tall mate!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 06:06   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't have the power to ban you, Red Dog. In fact, you are quite safe from me outside of the Tau forums, as that is as far as my jurisdiction extends. :shifty:

[hr]

I did consider doing a weathering step after final highlighting, but to be honest I just wanted to get them varnished. I may go back later and do some dry-brushing on the lower parts of the bikes with Desert Yellow or Graveyard Earth.

As for basing, I ran out of Green Stuff. Prior to that, I was going to try the mud-cracked bases from the tutorial. There is actually a lot of variability in equipment, as I was using pieces from a number of different sources beyond just the Ravenwing sprue. But that doesn't come across very well in the picture, and I didn't feel like chopping up any of these bikes for conversion poses. Maybe for the next squadron.
Old 14 May 2007, 06:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

NIce. The paint job is great and I cant wait to see Sammael. I lkike hot the LandSpeeders are low to unify the armies look.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is the way the world ends. a friend of a friend (The First Cortana Letter) R.I.P KJ
freezing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 06:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

A very good job.
I would love to see some closeups.
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 07:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I did the same bases for my bikers! Although mine are CoD themed. This really is tempting for me to start an all bike/speeder army I've been contemplating. :-\ What does this force come out to points wise?

Also, would you mind doing a few close ups on some of your favorite models?
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 07:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

Amazing work ! Looks really nice. And the bases add something special to it as well
cyberzomby is offline   Reply With Quote