Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

xv8 jungfrau
Old 08 May 2007, 19:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default xv8 jungfrau

OK, as some of you know I'm building a new static army based upon carbine and rifle armed FW, crisis suits, and broadsides. I thought I'd post a pic of my first crisis for this army.

Shaso Wanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 19:37   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: xv8 jungfrau

I like it, very vibrant

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
mico93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 19:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I like it. The small amounts of blue in the plasmagun really make the model seem 'complete.'
Old 08 May 2007, 20:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Love the GermanIsh camo patern. I also like the blue on the Plasma rifle. A little lighting effect on it would make it perfect!

That army will be hard to descern on the table once completed!

Camo paterd DO help in some game table. Mine are all Olive Drab and Desert tan, and sometime, my friends don't notive some units in the bush and forget to shoot at them on their turn. I like it!
Old 08 May 2007, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to cabomhn Send a message via Yahoo to cabomhn

I like it. I think that the blue plasma and the missile pods really make the model look good.

98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
cabomhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 22:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

too strong collors. You need to start using more natural and neutral colors when painting military cammo. Or else it looks silly and a bit like a toy. Which is not the point of miniatures. Its supposed to look like a scaled down version of a real thing.
Old 08 May 2007, 22:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwolt the engineer
too strong collors. You need to start using more natural and neutral colors when painting military cammo. Or else it looks silly and a bit like a toy. Which is not the point of miniatures. Its supposed to look like a scaled down version of a real thing.
done it, been there.

problem is this style of camo makes the figures interesting rather than "real"

W
Old 08 May 2007, 22:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwolt the engineer
You means like this:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...x/100_0435.jpg

done it, been there.

problem is this style of camo makes the figures interesting rather than "real"

W
I love your camo patern for your army. I was going to do something like that with mine, but decided, for simplicity and rapidity, that i'd go with flat camo colors. I have one XV8 suit that has some camo on it, wand I must say, I'm embivalent.

My pathfinders have some too, but just on the BDU, not armor.

Anyway, good to see people getting away from neon blue, red and pink colors for once!
Old 09 May 2007, 00:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_111
I love your camo patern for your army. I was going to do something like that with mine, but decided, for simplicity and rapidity, that i'd go with flat camo colors. I have one XV8 suit that has some camo on it, wand I must say, I'm embivalent.

Anyway, good to see people getting away from neon blue, red and pink colors for once!
Thanks. I'm sort of committed to camo as a theraputic means of exercising deamons :
Old 09 May 2007, 00:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_111

Thanks. I'm sort of committed to camo as a theraputic means of exercising deamons :
Exorcising, bud. Exercising demons is when you take them for a walk or an aerobics session.

Gotta say I prefer the patten on your old Tau miniatures; that kind of woodland camo. I think it looks great, but this new one...not so much.

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Warwolt; it looks too much like a toy (the first person to chime in with 'but it is a toy' gets a shoeing...you know what I mean).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote