Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hive-Fleet Xeno enters the imperial sector! *beware of ancient bugs*
Old 22 Apr 2007, 10:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Hive-Fleet Xeno enters the imperial sector! *beware of ancient bugs*

alright, some of you might remember my hive fleet Xeno. my first fleet i have since before scizor. i have updated it,all of it!. the fleet that wasn't fully painted in 6 years, was now fully done in two weeks!!!

here is the army fluff:

Hive-Fleet Xeno - 426

Discovery
there have been discovered, far out in the outer rim of the galaxy, there is the ruins of a ancient civilisation, far older than the Human race and maybe matching the Eldar. how old is unsure. but they seem long dead. the first discoveries was on the planet Protaan. ancient ruins was found and explored by imperial scientists. the ruins seemed like very advanced, and it's look was almost organic. tests on the matherial have showed to be dead, but once alive in some manners.a bio-tech culture. the Race was named Coronoids, named after the solar system they was found in. ancient fossils had been found and clearly showed what the race looked like. after exploring Protaan,and research begun on the neighboor planet Zerge, they where alerted by the incomming splinter fleet of hive fleet kraken, it was sub-code named the Coronoid fleet.

The Truth
after a long battle including the Night Assasins chapter and Imperial guard pressence,and even the Order of the Dragon's Eye battle sisters, the splinter fleet was crashed on planet Protaan. it was recorded as defeated. the exploration on Zerge continued.and a new discovery was made. huge halls underground,each containing huge areas on the floor that was covered in a mist. these showed to be Stasis fields,keeping creatures alive for a long time. there was Examples of living coronoids found, captured in stasis.but they where since long braindead by the long time that had passed.they was similar to the guesses made by the fossiles, they where tall and seemed to be strong, bio-mechanic enhancements put on their own flesh. but the most suprising find was that the chambers included stasis captured Tyranid organisms, possibly it was their pressence who made the splinter fleet turn its attention towards the coronoid system. by this find the truth had been revealed, had the Tyranids been in the galaxy long before the imperium encountered Behemoth? what relation to the tyranids did the Coronoids have?.

The Mistake
the explorers draw the conclution that the tyranids could impossibly be at any danger now after this long stasis rest. so they planned to figure out how to unseal the fields and bring them to science centers. they did unseal the fields. but it was during the unseal of a Hive tyrant, it all went wrong. the Beast was named the ancient one, by logical reasons. it had big claws,similar to rending claws but these where dual. it was when they tryed to load it on a transport it suddenly awakened,the crew where fastly butchered and the creature dissapeared. they didnt find it again, but reports said that more stasis fields was suddenly shut down one by one. but it wasnt the explorers. the Ancient one was smart. soon a small swarm was released but, insteed of arttacking outright,they isolated and killed people of one by one. reinforcements was sent to cleance this foe which seems to be the remains of a ancient hive fleet. the tyranids seemed to stay and use the stasis dephts to their advantage. this cleancing progress kept going on for a long time without notable success.

the Doomed world
a long time did pass, the cleancing started to gain success.the tyranids where now fewer.but they was still like a stubborn cancer. but suddenly contact was broken to the planet Zerge. and now it was clear, a Hive fleet have opened its tendrils to devour this world. was it remains of the splinter fleet?. soon it showed to be a different fleet. spores filled the sky, and signs of gargoyles and genestealers begun to appear. by seeing the creatures made the whole thing clear, this was the fleet who was stasis captured. the release of the Hive Tyrant had summoned the hive mind back to this galaxy. it was a huge mistake, a mistake that could endanger the whole imperium. the fleet was big, a large fleet with at least some million hive ships.the fleet had obviously been here before, it was surely the most Alien fleet yet, a Ancient threat that had probably grown enormous by devouring other worlds outside this galaxy. it was Named Xeno, since its the most alien threat yet seen. the imperial guard regiments on Zerge tryed to hold back. and in a last stand they took a big ruin as shelter. in the last wave of tyranids they saw it again, The Ancient one. like a Curse to the empire it was pressent when the last of the imperial guard and explorers was killed and the planet Zerge was Devoured.

the Xeno Cults
once Xeno started to dig deeper into the imperium. it did sphread billions of vanguard organisms across the galaxy. these Geneastealers started to infest isolated worlds, cults was risen, cultists warshipping the tyranids. the Xeno cult is vast, existing in most corners of the imperium. in either a hiding scale or a large full-war cult. these Xeno Cults are a plague within the empire and a priority to be cleanced. this might be one of the new tactics these fleet have prooven,and a nasty one. no world is safe,and even if they think they are, they might not. Xeno have showed great skill at hiding if they don't want to be seen, that was first prooven in the stasis dephts,and later by the Cults and that the entire hive fleet seemed to split up and ignore a incomming imperial fleet, once passed they attacked a isolated world and destroyed pretty much the whole imperial fleet in an ambush. Hive fleet Xeno have been devastating, and yet it seems it have more to reveal.

pics of each brood!, NOTE: i will post full-army shots when theres a good day to photo that

Old One Eye

The Dark Terror

Tyrant With Tyrant Guards

Carnifex

Ancient Warriors

Warriors

Spinegaunts

Devouragaunts

Hunter-Slayers (termagants)

Rippers

Genestealers

Patriarch genestealer and retinue (broodlord)

Lictors

Biovore and mines

Ravener

Zoanthropes
Old 22 Apr 2007, 10:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Hive-Fleet Xeno enters the imperial sector! *beware of ancient bugs*

here is a few set-ups too

old one eye charges the spacemarines

Lictors and genestealers burst from their hiding

massed spinegaunts attacks the SM

space marines makes a last stand

see Xeno painting tutorial here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=44450.0
Old 22 Apr 2007, 14:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Hive-Fleet Xeno enters the imperial sector! *beware of ancient bugs*

Looking great!
You've got a scheme that doesn't go over the top with each miniature, but still looks fantastic en masse.
Though I daresay I'm in a minority here, I love the old school Warriors, and I think some of the Genestealers are of the same era, no?

Any before / after shots?
Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 16:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

the genestealers is the first plastic stealers. and the broodlord is the old patriarch model. and the hunter slayers is the first ever gaunt models. i also have some genestealer cult models that i will use for my xeno cult army(if u read the fluff)
Old 22 Apr 2007, 16:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to cabomhn Send a message via Yahoo to cabomhn

Very nice, the scheme has just the right amount of color to look nice but not to look overly colorful. I like it.

98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
cabomhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 22:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Make me want to repaint the old (very old) tyranid models I got for free!
Old 23 Apr 2007, 01:14   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

For the most part I am a fan of your work Scizor, and these Tyranids are no acception!

Personally, I like the old warriors best. You just never see them anymore...
Old 23 Apr 2007, 02:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to faol Send a message via Yahoo to faol

Always looking great this is my first time seeing some of the old nid minis they don't look to bad (model wise)
recruit gladiators
faol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 13:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

yeh, i can't really see the problem some people have with the old nid models
Old 23 Apr 2007, 15:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Scizor this is a mighty fine army. You have to share it with the guys at www.swchq.co.uk they'd love to see it!
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote