Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Red Dog's renovated gallery ( 03/31/2007 NEW Compleate Update! New Pics.)
Old 25 Mar 2007, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Red Dog's renovated gallery ( 03/31/2007 NEW Compleate Update! New Pics.)

***Walks to the tree and puts some models on the ground***

Ok... Hears 10 men FW squad and 3 men Stealth suit squad after "renovation" ...

Ok hears pics of full squad of 10 FW [forest winds] (some pics shows some FW sepparatly)

(Another small "illumination" effect On the one FW pulse rifle)

STEALTH suits [Stafing Shocks]

The whole team

Shas'Ui with "ilumination" effect. Equiped with knife/lock/fusion (Man that was one long job for me!)

Shas'la With jet pack and Targeting arrary. (he has extensive battle damage)

Another Shas'la (also battle damage) with drone controller

Thats is it! I have big camera issues that is the best I've got... Sooo... ->>> C&C PlZZZ!!!!!

P.S. Be honest.

Walk Tall everone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2007, 01:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Re: Red Dog's renovated gallery ( will be updated regularly (I hope ;D ) )

they look good but kinda hard to see. maybe its just my dark screen. and whats the foam trick? I like your basing too btw.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2007, 01:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer
Default Re: Red Dog's renovated gallery ( will be updated regularly (I hope ;D ) )

No offense ment but are they supposed to look messy? Becasue It looks like there is alot of excess and miss placed green paint...
Old 25 Mar 2007, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timeless One
No offense ment but are they supposed to look messy? Becasue It looks like there is alot of excess and miss placed green paint...
Well... They ARE HEAVly weathered... Brown with yellow + foam = dirt weathering.... Don't know about green though, The arrmor is green with random white stripes, and then it was "weathered". I would apresiated if u say which place got most of "missplaced paint" May be I can fix it.

No I am NOT offended.

C&C plZZ(Be honest I will not be offended)

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Old 25 Mar 2007, 03:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well I give you credit for flocking the bases. So many people don't and it gets annoying looking at bare bases

How long have you been painting?

What paint did you use? I only ask because they look glossy and reminds of me of Testers paint? Are they GW paint?

You did a nice job on the helmets and picking out the eye lenses.

The green is fine (jungley theme to it ) but your lines could be cleaned up a bit. The paint on the chest of the models look crowded, I see yellow on green and I think you put a bit too much paint on as the details seem to be lost.

I like the idea of painting the squad leaders shoulders white. I paint my helmets white on my squad leaders.

Overall on a scale of 1-10 I would say your painting is a 4.5 - 5. Which is table top worthy. You definately put some time into painting them and it shows and with more practice you will only get better.

Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2007, 04:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanx mate,

I just realized, THEY ARE MUCH LESS blinking in real, DAM flash... As soon as I'll get the camera from a friend again I'll do better pics. Case I just finished two more models and their pictures look nothing like a real thing.

Ok now for question:

Well I don't remember, couple month.

Aaa I use dirt cheap paints ;D Some acrylic that runs from water like grots from orcs...
I think the set cost like ... dam I forgot I think 3-5$ so yeh... ;D One think that I do is after acrylic paint is dried I put some gauge (water base dirt cheap paint) over with same cover. It helps a lot. Also I got some other acrylic paint separately... No it doesn't like water either ;D

Not really jungle, more forest/deep forest/semi forest. But if the crash land in jungle sure why not ;D . Yeh I made a mistake with putting lots of why stripe on the models, but I put some brown/yellow dirt mix to weather it...

About customizations, plz check out "conversions" board for Tau battle honors topic. I am planning giving them some custom stuff...
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=42352.0

Thanx, As soon as I'll get better pics and make more models I'll post em hear.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

Old 25 Mar 2007, 13:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

i kind of like the heavy weathering, extremlt mud-in tau that fight in swamp area or something. nice job
Old 25 Mar 2007, 13:37   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Hmmm, thanks for sharing. I will admit I think the models look a little messy up close (probably a result of the well-priced paints ) - but I think from a distance the overall look with be nice and gritty - unlike these Tau armies you see that look like Tonka toys!

+1 Karma for you. Although please go easy on the smilies.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 16:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

If it were lighter, I might say something different, but from what I can tell... They are really messy. The white stripes just kind of stick out and don't go with the scheme. If you watered down the white and applied it in layers, it might.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2007, 23:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Dude... spell check dude...

Otherwise, looks OK but as said white lines stand out. Perhaps a darker color strip goes with your scheme? Like another shade of green, or dark blue.

4/10, which is better then a lot of people these days!

Cheers,
Sarnas