Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some Tau! (updated 3/31/07, see page 2)
Old 15 Mar 2007, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Weaver Send a message via MSN to Weaver
Default Some Tau! (updated 3/31/07, see page 2)

Hey all, first post here, though I've been lurking a while now.

Anyway, feeling rather shameless, so here are some of my Tau. They were originally on a schedule to be ready for Adepticon....bbbuuuut, I can no longer attend, so progress has slowed of late. In any case, here are the ones that have been finished:

Hammerhead! Who's engines still need some painting.

An earth caste fabricator, original sculpted to act as an objective marker as per Adepticon rules. Now he serves as an ethereal when I get bored of my normal one.

The aforementioned ethereal. Sculpted almost entirely from scratch, cause I haaaate the GW sculpts.

pardon the bumpy paint.

another objective-marker-turned-counts-as-ethereal, an old Shas'O retired from active line duty, now serving on a war council

My only crisis suit, a Monat Sunforge Shas'vre. Suicide Suit The mold lines have since been cleaned off and the feet finished.

Group shot! Some firewarriors and an ethereal chillin

close up on some of those firewarriors. Sept Markings have since been added

rough paint concept on what was going to be our team's T-shirt... oh well, next year.

aaaand last but not least, a concept for my honour guard, GSed up old model from a few years ago. Sorry for the shoddy paint and scheme.

Cheers all, thanks for looking, hope you like.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 21:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Some Tau!

Those look great!

Like you said, the engines on the Hammerhead need painting. Also, the paint on the Ethereals needs thinning down, as well as the white on your Shas'Vre.

Absolutely terrific Hammerhead and Firewarriors, though! Cool Honour Guard design, as well.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2007, 21:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You are my new idol *worships*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2007, 21:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

amazing!!

painting is a bit thick, but the effect is awesome!!

I really like the highlights and you scratc-sculpt minis are really well done!

keep up the good work!
Old 15 Mar 2007, 21:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to cabomhn Send a message via Yahoo to cabomhn

Welcome to tau online weaver. Your tau looks very good. I especially like the crisis suit. The pose is very dynamic. I wish I could draw half as good as you can. That concept art is awesome. Keep up the good work.

98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
cabomhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2007, 22:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

***See the man comes with some box full of models, Stops by to see what he got***

Welcome! I'm new so don't really know can I welcome you or not ;D . I'm a Tau beginner myself.

Sry but I do not like the theme, BUT it is Superbly done. Nice paint job everywhere.

Now for the individual things

Hammerhead is done nicely, but not much special things. ...
Markers... !!! REAL COOL with 0% of sarcasm. Just brilliant.

Ethereal... Its actually real cool and has some spark. I like a pose. It is totally original!!! Beside some splats its just perfect. Ohhh make a base. Since its a desert theme, may be u can make a desert base

Suit... -> fix feet, other then that NICE pose. Also Its kinda weird for it to have Sun forge on Shas'el, but hey if it is a part of the tactic then whatever works

FW, hmm again, I do not really like the theme BUT work is really good done. Posing is to general for me, but again Nicely done...

Picture is pretty cool

Honor guard... UNBELIVEABLE!!! BEST I've ever seen... Actually Its the only one I've seen))))) But in anyway, Its flattering!!!! Just completely and utterly cool. Just base it right and make 9-12 more ;D for the full guard. I mean concept is amazing!

Well Nice work Try a "Introduce yourself" or "Enclave" boards, to meet the people, Just watch out for elfy, he is after your cookies!!! :shifty:

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2007, 23:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I like that ethereal, if I'm not mistaken it looks like the same one from the codex and battleforce cover. I wish GW made one, he looks awesome.

Anyway, I like your scheme, same as mine...lol. Plain, vomit brown T'au sept. I'm having the same problems as you are it seems, with the thick/bumpy paintjob ...I know how to fix it now, but I've yet to get some simple green (they just don't sell it here, I don't know why). What color did you use for the armor highlights? I mixed up a vomit brown/bleached bone mix and started using that on my fire warriors, but I was thinking of just using bronzed flesh instead.

Your hammerhead looks awesome, too. I always liked the look of the antennae stuck to the hull like that...I just glued mine on the rear near the engine. It's gonna look goofy when it's painted.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2007, 23:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

I remember you from KoVash TauVa. Heh, I love your work (especially that Ethereal sculpt)
Old 16 Mar 2007, 01:04   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

There's not one model there that doesn't look completely awesome. You're amazing.
Captain Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2007, 01:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

OMG CALL THE COPS HE STOLE THE HAMMERHEAD FROM THE GW DISPLAY CASE!!!!!!

that is freaking awsome!

welcome to TO! a few words of advice though, If you say you don't like Redbeard, Scizor, or Komrad's work, you WILL be hunted down and shot! poor old Aun'shi13... Also, don't hijak a thread when Walwort the Engenier is on patrol, he will post about eight times screamin at you!

I have a very hard time picturing Aun'va rocking out to "Our God Is An Awesome God".
-Raptor Jesus

Ninja Fish Robots, Flesh-Eating Space Chickens, AND Supersonic Cockroaches??? W00t!!! (^ ^)
-Damian

I like me

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature spread the word!

if you think you've had too much to drink, you're obviously to coherent to have had too much to drink When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!
rattythepuppet is offline   Reply With Quote