Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My First Terminator (Now with Highlights!)
Old 10 Jan 2007, 00:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default My First Terminator (Now with Highlights!)

This is the first Terminator I have ever painted, and it is one more than my friend who plays Dathwing ;D

I know I need to clean it up a bit, the eagle on the chest needs gold edges again and the black needs to be cleaned up, the shield could use a little work too (who do you think I am? Gareth? )

I am under no illusion that this is good, I am entering it in a painting competition only because I will have no competition (there are still 4 more I need to paint)

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2007, 00:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: My First Terminator

Love it, but it needs highlights BAD. It will add a little realism and depth to your model. Great base and pose btw.
Frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2007, 00:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss

I love termy models.
But I can see through your paint into the undercoat..
So things to improve upon:
Highlights
Coats
I can see metallic silver on the sheild and im not so sure it's ment to be damage.
Cleaned up.
I like the contrast between the eyes/sensors and the dark armour though, nice base too.
Well done.
GRISGIT-warboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2007, 01:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for the replies... upon inspection of the huge pictures, I doo need to get another coat on there to cover up the missed spots... and the silver on the top edge of the shield is supposed to be battledamage (in reality, it's stuff that I forgot to remove before priming), the silver inside the black cross is not supposed to be there and will be removed once I have corrected other problems... Also, I have no idea how to highlight, I can't even do it on my marines because I have no idea where to put them and how much is too much...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 10 Jan 2007, 01:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Do a little bit of a lighter color. I believe that is Dark Angels Green, and I'd highlight that with Catachan Green or maybe Snot Green. I use a toothpick for smaller areas, and just apply the highlight to all edges and corners. Highlighting can be pretty tricky, but you get used to it
Old 10 Jan 2007, 01:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's actually Catachan Green, but I don't want to highlight too much, as that would put a lot more color that I don't neccesarily want on there in the first place... Also, on the Terminatos, there are a lot of obviuos edges that need highlighting, on a marine, not so much... especially the shoulder pads...

Quote:
Old 10 Jan 2007, 18:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I like the eyes...I don't put any effort into my Marines' lenses.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 01:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

ok, so this really needs to be moved into painting, I think... or maybe this is done?

I know my highlights are too thick, especially on the black... but any other comments are welcome ;D

Quote:
Old 04 Feb 2007, 01:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Very nice. Looks a lot better with the highlights.
A good base job too.
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 06:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It looks a lot better now, though your highlights are a tad sloppy up close, but I'm sure from tabletop distance it looks better.

The scheme reminds me of Halo...
Because they're all controlled by me.
VanderBleek is offline   Reply With Quote