Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vulture repaint
Closed Thread
Old 17 Dec 2006, 19:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Vulture repaint

I decided to repaint my Vulture for my planned IG drop troop army. I like the grey, I think it looks far more navy-like than my original green colour scheme but I'm worried the white trim gives it an altogether too clean look. I've got another Vulture and four Valkyries to buy and paint up yet, so I want to settle on something that'll look good for an airbourne armada before I get into it.

What do you think? Would the white trim be better off yellow? Would a little battle damage make it look sufficiently rugged?

[hr]

[size=14pt]Original[/size]

[hr]

[size=14pt]Repaint - Stage 1[/size]

[hr]

[size=14pt]Repaint - Stage 2[/size]

When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 19:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Vulture repaint

Yeah the white rim on that round thing needs to be diffrent colour.. yellow might work.. or maybe yellow/black stripes.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 19:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

Personaly I think ( could be the pictures ) it could use a bit more highliting.

Battledamage could be nice.

Yellow is the colour IŽd pick other than white. Maybe you can go with a more weathered white ( more yellowish or grayisch )
Old 17 Dec 2006, 20:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

There's no highlighting at all on this model yet, so that might help a little, thanks. I don't know about yellow, yellow and black around the engine cowling might look cool, but I'm worried it'll clash with the grey. :-\

Maybe I'll paint it fortress grey so it doesn't stand out quite so much...it looks a bit ceremonial at the moment doesn't it?

But you think the white on the fins and tail booms looks ok?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Stooga

I think it looks much better now, definitely more industrial and military looking. A few streaks of dirt in selectively selected places might enhance it and tone down the cleanliness, if that's what you want.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 21:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

This thing is VTOL right? You could add some dust on the bottom, and maybe some kill markings(or add those as you get them). I'd assume some imperial planes would be personalized, the lack of this adds to the 'ceremonial' look. Battle damage would also be nice, but I like the overall scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Old 17 Dec 2006, 21:27   #7 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Not bad, The green is nice and smooth...

Old 17 Dec 2006, 21:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
This thing is VTOL right? You could add some dust on the bottom, and maybe some kill markings(or add those as you get them). I'd assume some imperial planes would be personalized, the lack of this adds to the 'ceremonial' look. Battle damage would also be nice, but I like the overall scheme.
It's got some kill markings on the left hand side of the gunner's cockpit, but some manner of personalisation might be a good idea. Perhaps the classic fanged maw? Tricky to paint it though, especially with the nose mounted heavy bolter in the way. Perhaps I could write the crew names and callsigns on the outside of the cockpit though? I'll also dirty-up the VTOL jets and possibly drybrush the underside of the model with fortress gray.

Cheers fellas.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 21:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

that is one nice vulture Tom!
i'd like some white or red on those tail fins!

Old 17 Dec 2006, 21:46   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Looks great. I agree that the white around the intake should be something a little darker. Perhaps an off-white? And maybe some lightning-bolt kill markings.

OO maybe you can try painting a scantily clad woman on the side?

One thing I'm trying to figure out (model wise, not your fault) is where the heck they would keep the fuel for that thing? It basically looks like a cockpit mounted on a giant turbine with wings... but I don't see any fuel tanks anywhere.

Just seems odd.
Closed Thread