Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Nurgle gifted SMurfs[image heavy]
Closed Thread
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Nurgle gifted SMurfs[image heavy]

anyway by reading the title most will probably think "isn't that just death guard?". well it isn't and here is the explanation.

as the ____ chapter( have yet to name them) chased a crippled death guard ship through space attempting to board it because after their battle there generator was badly damaged and couldn't sacrifice enough energy to power the weapons, the ____ chapter was readying there boarding ships. but then the death guard ship opened a portal to the warp and the ____ chapters ship didn't have enough time to stop so they were transported to the warp too. when went through they realized they were in the warp! oh no! anyway as this was a great day for them grandfather nurgle decided to have some fun.... he proposed a deal: if they can get pass his challenge, he will transport them to imperial space. before they ____ chapter even though it through, thousand upon thousand of decaying mutants and unarmed traitors boarded there ship! realizing that this was there challenge, they started slaughtering them all. after they did, there armour was stained in blood and decaying flesh. little did they know grandfather nurgle wouldn't let them go without a little "gift". anyway the "gift" was eternal armour and flesh decay and melting, forever being stuck to there weapons and armour. after being transported to imperial space they discovered that all their vehicle had been destroyed!! now, in the 41st millennium they go looking for battles anywere, aiding the imperium when they are in trouble, greeting death with open arms, as an old friend.....if it comes...

anyway on to the models!!!
here was a test model from battle of macrage

and a commander( he started this whole idea after putting him in paint thinner, bad idea then, but turned out pretty good now;D)

Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Nurgle gifted SMurfs[image heavy]

those pics are really awfull

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:52   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Yuck.

That is pretty much what happened to the Death Guard, as well. Out of all of the Chaos Gods, Nurgle requires the least effort on your part to become corrupted by his power. It still won't save you from the fury of the Ordo Malleus, though.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:56   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

maybe it was a trap? dun dun dunnnnnn

anyways there probably gonna avoid him, at all costs! dun dun dunnnn

ima gonna stop now and some decayed scouts are coming up either today or tommarow, still have to paint em. any ideas for painting there lenses?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 21:03   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedWarrior
maybe it was a trap? dun dun dunnnnnn

anyways there probably gonna avoid him, at all costs! dun dun dunnnn

ima gonna stop now and some decayed scouts are coming up either today or tommarow, still have to paint em. any ideas for painting there lenses?
The painting looks great. I would use something bright for the lenses, just to contrast with the murky armor. Either bright blue or violet, perhaps.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 19:48   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ONTO THE SCOUTS!!!!

these guys really justify them being stuck to there weapons and i just love the guy on the left, i mean, look at his face!

i have yet to paint the cell thing on the plasma pistol cause i want to use a glowing effect but dont know how to do it. if anyone knows you can post it here or post it in my thread in the painting section called "Painting Glowing Effect"
Old 14 Oct 2006, 01:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

They're hideous (in a good way)! They're like some rejects from a cheesy B-movie! 'It came from the swamp'...

What are you going to do with the bases? Marshland would probably be most suitable.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 02:25   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

does anyone know how to make a marsh-like base with using house hold items or fairly cheap one? because i dont have alot of money because my salary is pretty low, and its called an allowence... :-\
Old 14 Oct 2006, 05:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You might need to save and buy some GW water effects. Or just drop a few bucks for some ard' coat and some grass from a train store. You know the long kind the isnt static grass..... and tiny pebbels.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 12:58   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hi Weed Warrior,

Why you don't try to combine some colours? the minis are very plain (dark base an green drybrush) and some metallics.

They are like submerged in can of paint ;D
Closed Thread