Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hive-Fleet Scizor 2006 uppdate(CARNIFEX!)
Closed Thread
Old 09 Oct 2006, 18:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Hive-Fleet Scizor 2006 uppdate(CARNIFEX!)

alright, most people here are familiar with Hive Fleet Scizor. and it's colour sheme. though, i'm going to order nids from forge world. so i wanted to uppdate my sheme for them,so i test painted a couple of gaunts.

i found out that Ink washing worked well to have smoother shading than the usual drybrush. but the dark green ink was too much,so i accidently invented a new technique,Paper-Wiping! lol. wipe away ink from the higher areas with paper,to not be too dark. still Scizor have a darker thouch,that dont bother me.

the carapaces,i left them with my traditional Washing. however, i added some layered effects of bone at the edges,then white. made a nice new touch.

the mouth and theeth needed a serious uppdate. i chosed to replace the dark green theeth-flesh with red. less boring and adds more colour and good variation.,and theeth are now layered,not drybrushed.so this makes it look more clean. eyes are now better made with a thin brush too.

what changed the appearance most though is the Gloss coat of varnish.this, i did chose because of several factors. first of i got the idea since i saw a AWESOME nid army at the local GW,they where gloss and have carapaces similar to mine.exept the other colours was differ. i was inspired to have gloss. also,i think it makes the colours,especialy the highly-matt carapace,to "melt" togheter more smoothly. slimy aliens,good theme.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the camera is not good with flash at gloss,seriously.it looks like thick gelly as u see but that dont show the real greatness of this models!. i'm highly pleased with my result, and i notice this difference comparing to the pics. so dont bash the varnish right away please.

so,now on to the pics.

Gaunts, my two finished tests

a Warrior

this way my FW nid models are gonna be painted, and in time,the whole army. its the good old Scizor fleet with a new touch,that's all.

enjoy
Old 09 Oct 2006, 20:51   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Hive-Fleet Scizor 2006 uppdate

Do you ever paint a miniature badly scizor!

[glow=red,2,300]Underbar [/glow] [glow=red,2,300]Wonderful![/glow]

Curiosity begets knowledge, knowledge begets curiosity, only great tzeentch sates both.
Old 09 Oct 2006, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

As always Scizor, godly

and as to the gloss comment, are you sure it isnt you not being patient enough to wait for the gloss to dry? I remember you talking about that problem a while back...

Old 10 Oct 2006, 02:54   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Very nice.

They fit your name, but... I mean, I know nothing about your name and certainly do not understand the reference it cointains. Right. :funny:
Old 10 Oct 2006, 08:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau

As always Scizor, godly

and as to the gloss comment, are you sure it isnt you not being patient enough to wait for the gloss to dry? I remember you talking about that problem a while back...
that was matt varnish :P.the gloss was dry this time actualy. i had no certain stress to take the pics before the sun goes down since this was indoor pics.

the name? lol. not really meant to mean much exept sounding cool.maybe its refered to "scissors" what may summarice sharp claws? something like that
Old 10 Oct 2006, 15:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Hive-Fleet Scizor 2006 uppdate(MORE PICS!)

alright, all of my 3 Scyther-Warriors are done. so i went outside for better pics,and the gaunts while i was out anyway.

enjoy

and remember,the hive fleets never stopp breeding new creatures so expect uppdates soon in this thread!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 15:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This is great work , I love the carapace, the skin has so much depth as well , perfect job

keep it up mate

Rapouc

Dark Vault Games for quality service at a minimum discount of 10% off GW prices. Free Delivery on orders over 50! Great Service , I highly recommend them.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 15:48   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Hm....nice models.

But it seems that evertime you take a pic you take it on a mountain or something. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 15:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

lol,i want real-lighting outside.and it looks so much better than using a simple shelf to photo them at. i do agree the mountain background fit my skaven much better. but my nid-area had no sun shining too late in the day
Old 10 Oct 2006, 18:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

wow, those pics are [glow=green,2,300]awesome![/glow]

and the gloss makes them look slimey and creey, kinda reminds me of Alien...

really though, awesome job ;D
Closed Thread