Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Marine Project
Closed Thread
Old 04 Oct 2006, 03:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default The Marine Project

Well so far I have gotten a lot of old busted up models that need a fix up and repaint. I also need to form them into working armies. The models I have so far gathered are:

Dante
Tycho
Tigurius
Blood Angel Captain
Land Raider
Dreadnaught
Assault Sergeant
6 Sniper Scouts
11 Terminators
14 Legion of the Damned
Callidus, Eversor, Culexus and Vindicare assassins
5 Tac Marines
Space Marine Bike
Space Marine Assault Bike

All this stuff needs to be made into a working army, or two. So I have started working on just that, getting this army to be functioning and to start I will begin with some Blood Angels. I will therefore be posting my progress with these marines here.

In about an hour the first four models will be photo ready and Ill get pictures up. They are Dante, Tycho, the Blood Angel Captain and the Assault Sergeant. Next up I think will be the scouts and the tac marines to get the Blood Angels into a fighting force. Then I think the Dreadnaught will be in need of a refit and Ill need to get an assault squad. Following that we will see I might shelve the Blood Angels and make up the Terminators and Land Raider into a Deathwing army of one chapter or another. Perhaps Imperial Fists. I got a bunch of metal shoulder pads with fists on them for either Crimson or Imperial Fists. Too bad they dont fit on Terminators but given a few tac marines they would be very cool I might get some to use them on when I get more funds. Right now paints and rulebooks and filling in missing squad members to make full units is taking up the limited funds I have.

So anyway in a short while the first pics will be up. They wont be great as its night and the lighting here is poor (and so are my photography skills but as soon as their bases dry I can clean them up and take pics.

EDIT: Blast the batteries died. Ill have to wait till tommorrow afternoon when I can go get some more as I seem to have run out. Still thats 4 down and now time to decide what to do with the rest and how to make working forces out of them. Im thinking an Imperial Fists and a full Fledged Blood Angels, so I should probably go to the hobby shop tommorrow afternoon and pick up the Dark Angel codex and a tactical squad and maybe an assault squad too... hmm. Sniper Scouts and Devs in Blood Angels doesnt seem like a good idea so a Tac and assault squad for the BA and leave the fists till the rest of the models come including more tactical marines.

Old 04 Oct 2006, 04:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The Marine Project

I think this should be in Hobby.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is the way the world ends. a friend of a friend (The First Cortana Letter) R.I.P KJ
Old 04 Oct 2006, 20:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Bought batteries this afternoon (man they arent cheap) and took some pictures. Granted my camera is really quite basic and my skills with it even less sophisticated but hopefully the pictures will be adequate.

All 4 currently finished models and based aswell. From left to right: Blood Angel Captain, Captain Tycho, Veteran Assault Sergeant, and Chapter Master Dante. I might need to go over the vet sergeants and the captain's helmets in yellow to show their vet status.

Just Dante and Tycho.

A very fuzzy pic of the two sergeants.

Sadly my camera just doesnt do close ups well but its the best I have at the moment so anyway. Next up are the 4 assassins. Ill probably do a darkened down Dark Angels green for their body suits with a slight camo effect and then dark metal equipment and probably try something rather neon for their visors etc but Im not sure yet and any pics I take probably wont capture it well but Ill try.

So anyway thats the progress so far, time to get on with the next part of this fixer up project.

Old 04 Oct 2006, 21:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Vash: here's some hints for the camera. 1st, there should be several modes to the camera. For pics of minis, you want the Macrolens setting. The one on my camera (it's a Kodak) is a symbol of a flower. Yours might be something similar.

2nd most digi cams you need to push lightly on the button to get it to focus right, and even then if it detects several things to focus on (which if you have a good background, it shouldn't) it'll slow switch back and forth. Push the button all the way down when the focus is right and it'll take the picture.

3rd, there may be a time delay setting which is great, as you can have it set 2-10 seconds after you push the button. This gives you lots of time to move away from the camera so it won't vibrate. Just find something to put it down on. The pic in my avatar was taken by just putting my camera on the table with the model.
Old 04 Oct 2006, 22:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

So I have heard however I have a very, very cheap digi cam that has basic focus, a digital zoom (meaning really no accurate zoom), no macro settings and many more limitations. It basically takes the simplist pictures possible that can then be uploaded. A disposable camera probably takes better pics. But its what I got and its what I am stuck with, it was shamefully cheap and thats why I have it.

Old 04 Oct 2006, 22:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

They look Ok but to get better pictures just put the camera on something to keep it still.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is the way the world ends. a friend of a friend (The First Cortana Letter) R.I.P KJ
Old 05 Oct 2006, 00:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

try taking the pics from farther back and cropping them on the PC later, unless the size you have on here is the size they come off the camera...
Old 05 Oct 2006, 22:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

dude looks like a great job from what i can tell nut those pics are awfull. maybe photoshop them a bit for us?

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Closed Thread