Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

my new cities of death scouts
Closed Thread
Old 17 Jun 2006, 23:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to tentonhammer
Default my new cities of death scouts

these were created using the idea seen in the latest WD dunno wot one the one with the white tau dying from the vostryan

the things that look like whiskers arent its urban camo warpaint
Old 18 Jun 2006, 01:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: my new cities of death scouts

They look good (photo quality notwithstanding). I do, however, have a few recommendations for you if you want to hear them (if not, look away now).
  • Base them, it makes a huge difference. The Cities of Death basing kit makes for some excellant bases.
  • Use a pin vice to drill out the muzzles if you haven't already (it's hard to tell).
  • Get a grip of your grammar and punctuation.
  • If you want to add cam cream, I recommend you apply long black steaks all the way accross their faces...because you're right; they do look like whiskers.

Otherwise I think they're great, you're much better at painting miniatures than me. I love the layering apparent here; the grenades look especially fabulous...such precision. I'm rubbish with faces, I have a particular problem with the eyes. In my own scout squad, I modelled NVGs covering the eyes on the models I couldn't get right! So what Chapter are they?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 02:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah i should base them really but i haven't got the new kits yet sorry about the grammar i forgot about the spellcheck lol and cam cream:s but yeah im gonna make the streaks on the faces longer because my scouts are no pussies
Old 18 Jun 2006, 07:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Flaming will not be tolerated. Reported. Also, am I to assume that you have never tried to paint before? Despite the fuzziness, it is obvious to anyone who has so much as held a brush that these models are well above tabletop standard, approaching tournament standard. - [size=8pt]Taken care of. -mace[/size]

Detail, from what I can see, is suburb. The silver is slightly thick in a few places and the faces are ever so slightly off (hard to get, I know - mine are monochromatic :P) but otherwise good.

Pics could be better. Again, touch up the pics in phtotshop and use the Marco function. Still these pics are an improvement.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 07:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

great work on the scouts, I really do like them, way above tabletop stadard, I suggest basing them, or getting a better camera! :
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 18 Jun 2006, 12:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

nah the camera's fine i jus didnt use a tripod sorry guys was rushing when i did these but thanks for the hint vilest ill try editing them in photoshop sometime today
Old 18 Jun 2006, 16:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

So what chapter are they from? Are they your own creation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The vilest worm
Flaming will not be tolerated. Reported. Also, am I to assume that you have never tried to paint before? Despite the fuzziness, it is obvious to anyone who has so much as held a brush that these models are well above tabletop standard, approaching tournament standard. - [size=8pt]Taken care of. -mace[/size]
What's this about, bud? Was someone flaming?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 17:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

i aint got a clue wot that was about but there blood ravens
Old 18 Jun 2006, 17:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ah yeah...they've been very popular since Dawn of War. You'll have to show us the rest of your army. If they're anything like your scouts, it'll be an impressive sight!
Old 18 Jun 2006, 18:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The vilest worm
What's this about, bud? Was someone flaming?
Yeah, but he was banned and his posts deleted. His name was either tauareshit_smrule or U_R_BREAKING_MY_BALZ (yes, there were TWO new idiot members banned last night...).
Closed Thread