Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crimson [Non-40k] (Signup - Last Spot!)
Reply
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:03   #21 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,807
Default Re: Crimson [Non-40k] (Signup - Last Spot!)

You're the medic, you figure it out! :P

But really, I haven't given it a huge amount of consideration. Let's say the average medical kit would have a fast-setting gel protect a wound side, radiation pills (short-term, limited protection, rather than Fallout-grade Rad-Away), painkillers, and old-school rolled bandages for making slings and bindings.

As a medic, you'd have more of the above, plus a similar gel with flexible fibers in it to create a splint, sedatives and stimulants, and some extra medications for first aid treatment of various toxins.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:04   #22 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,327
Send a message via MSN to ollieb8
Default Re: Crimson [Non-40k] (Signup - Last Spot!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
You're the medic, you figure it out! :P

But really, I haven't given it a huge amount of consideration. Let's say the average medical kit would have a fast-setting gel protect a wound side, radiation pills (short-term, limited protection, rather than Fallout-grade Rad-Away), painkillers, and old-school rolled bandages for making slings and bindings.

As a medic, you'd have more of the above, plus a similar gel with flexible fibers in it to create a splint, sedatives and stimulants, and some extra medications for first aid treatment of various toxins.
Right, just wanted to gauge how far ahead they are in terms of medical technology.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Edit: Silk Spectre wins the thread.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:10   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,807
Default Re: Crimson [Non-40k] (Signup - Last Spot!)

Sick bay would have some more "toys", such as faster analysis of toxins and microbes, limited non-invasive surgery, and an overall much better survival rate for serious injuries. There's just a limit to what's man-portable, or what you can feasibly train every grunt to use.

They're not quite as futuristic and clinical as Star Trek though; there's still going to be doctors up to their elbows in guts at times.

Think the new Battlestar Galactic with more toys. That applies at a military level as well; ships have laser batteries, but the Regency still relies on mass drivers and armouring the **** out of their ships, rather than ray guns and energy shields.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:13   #24 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,327
Send a message via MSN to ollieb8
Default Re: Crimson [Non-40k] (Signup - Last Spot!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Sick bay would have some more "toys", such as faster analysis of toxins and microbes, limited non-invasive surgery, and an overall much better survival rate for serious injuries. There's just a limit to what's man-portable, or what you can feasibly train every grunt to use.

They're not quite as futuristic and clinical as Star Trek though; there's still going to be doctors up to their elbows in guts at times.

Think the new Battlestar Galactic with more toys. That applies at a military level as well; ships have laser batteries, but the Regency still relies on mass drivers and armouring the y'xa'uk out of their ships, rather than ray guns and energy shields.
Excellent! I was asking because I was literally wondering on work experience what I would be able to write and how I would write about a serious injury in the field (whilst in the local hospital for work experience (oh the irony)).
Lucky you said the new BSG as it's the only series I've seen :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Edit: Silk Spectre wins the thread.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A spot of Festive Joy... Wargamer Enclave Talk 18 22 Dec 2007 20:42
I'm in a bit of a tough spot... help me out? sarnas Enclave Talk 17 15 Sep 2007 01:12
Spot my Weakness redchef Tyranids 10 27 Jan 2006 10:53
Tau in the spot light wyrd_ian General 40K 11 08 Sep 2005 22:49
am I in the right spot? W@R Tau 2 23 Mar 2005 20:52