Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crimson [Non-40k] (Signup - Last Spot!)
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:03   #21 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Crimson [Non-40k] (Signup - Last Spot!)

You're the medic, you figure it out! :P

But really, I haven't given it a huge amount of consideration. Let's say the average medical kit would have a fast-setting gel protect a wound side, radiation pills (short-term, limited protection, rather than Fallout-grade Rad-Away), painkillers, and old-school rolled bandages for making slings and bindings.

As a medic, you'd have more of the above, plus a similar gel with flexible fibers in it to create a splint, sedatives and stimulants, and some extra medications for first aid treatment of various toxins.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:04   #22 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
You're the medic, you figure it out! :P

But really, I haven't given it a huge amount of consideration. Let's say the average medical kit would have a fast-setting gel protect a wound side, radiation pills (short-term, limited protection, rather than Fallout-grade Rad-Away), painkillers, and old-school rolled bandages for making slings and bindings.

As a medic, you'd have more of the above, plus a similar gel with flexible fibers in it to create a splint, sedatives and stimulants, and some extra medications for first aid treatment of various toxins.
Right, just wanted to gauge how far ahead they are in terms of medical technology.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:10   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sick bay would have some more "toys", such as faster analysis of toxins and microbes, limited non-invasive surgery, and an overall much better survival rate for serious injuries. There's just a limit to what's man-portable, or what you can feasibly train every grunt to use.

They're not quite as futuristic and clinical as Star Trek though; there's still going to be doctors up to their elbows in guts at times.

Think the new Battlestar Galactic with more toys. That applies at a military level as well; ships have laser batteries, but the Regency still relies on mass drivers and armouring the **** out of their ships, rather than ray guns and energy shields.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:13   #24 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Sick bay would have some more "toys", such as faster analysis of toxins and microbes, limited non-invasive surgery, and an overall much better survival rate for serious injuries. There's just a limit to what's man-portable, or what you can feasibly train every grunt to use.

They're not quite as futuristic and clinical as Star Trek though; there's still going to be doctors up to their elbows in guts at times.

Think the new Battlestar Galactic with more toys. That applies at a military level as well; ships have laser batteries, but the Regency still relies on mass drivers and armouring the y'xa'uk out of their ships, rather than ray guns and energy shields.
Excellent! I was asking because I was literally wondering on work experience what I would be able to write and how I would write about a serious injury in the field (whilst in the local hospital for work experience (oh the irony)).
Lucky you said the new BSG as it's the only series I've seen :P
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote