Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Million Miles to Nowhere [DRAFT]
Old 05 Sep 2009, 19:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default A Million Miles to Nowhere [DRAFT]

Okay, quick note before anything else. I've done roleplay before and looking through what's been going on in this board it seems to be pretty similar but not completely identical. If I do get anything wrong, please, please point it out as I don't want to start off wrong and continue that way.

Right. This game (if it goes forward) is based on each person being the Captain of a ship from BFG (a narratable Captain, so no Tyranids!) and describing the orders they give, the facings of the ships and their choice of range, speed, battery etc. There will also be 'narrators' who have a good enough knowledge of the fluff to not partake but to narrate the damage/effects of each action. For example:

Quote:
Captain Barbie (Killmaster): Direct fire crews from the engine area to the bridge. Turn higher 15 degrees for Starboard cannon array to face the Incorruptable. Fire!

A Narrator: The projectiles hit lowest compartments of the Incorruptable's prowmost launch bay. The bay and defence turrets lose power and an oxygen leak causes fires to ripple accross the surface of the vessel.

Captain Adreas (Incorruptable): Fire retros and swing hard to port. Fire torpedoes as soon as they are in line with the engine blocks of the Killmaster. Bring fire crews to port battery section and prevent fires from spreading to the weapons.

A Narrator: A communications error means the fire crews get to the weapons too late. The port battery explodes and the stressed hull buckles under the pressure. Vital comms lines are broken leaving the engine bay unable to respond to orders. The injured fire teams from the starboard side reach the breech in time to hold the fires in place but not to diminish them.
And so on. It would help to make a list of how many people are trained as fire teams, how many gunners and to have diagrams for each section that the narrators can make notes on and colour-code. (This is how I've done roleplay before, years ago).

So... firstly, have I got the wrong end of the stick? And secondly, would anybody be interested in playing?

LHD

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2009, 19:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A Million Miles to Nowhere [DRAFT]

I am interested in being a narrator or captain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2009, 19:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Okay. I'd rather be a narrator or just watch. There's always the possibility of Admirals, but I think Captain-scale is good enough for now.

Something else, It'd be good to write longer stuff than I gave as an example, such as hasty conversations on the bridge and comms messages coming through.

I've just drawn up a diagram for a Lunar Class Cruiser. (I kind of guessed at the amount of crew but it's probabally not far off). Will upload in a moment and edit it into this post. Of course crew can always be shown as a percentage for each section rather than an actual figure. It would look neater and be quicker to read.

Ah... I need to modify it to say that the bridge, mag and torps are not 'on each side' but only ONE of each on the ship. Also on the example on the "Mag Runners -/200" the "-" should be in red as the status of the mag personell is 'destroyed'.

NOTE: I have really, really terrible eyesight when it comes to PC screens so it takes me some time to write these and read them.

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
Old 06 Sep 2009, 07:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Uh, I think you may have mixed up your port and starboard in that diagram there... Not sure how much time I have in the next few weeks, so I'll probably have to sit this one out. Sorry. :-\

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2009, 13:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have y'know. Oops!

And that's fine. And besides, it might take several weeks to organise and gain interest. I need to redo some parts of the diagram (make the lines finer so it's easier to see sections) and add comms links/breaks and so on.

03/Feb/13