Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The dark forest 3.5 dnd game (game thread)
Old 11 Aug 2009, 22:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default The dark forest 3.5 dnd game (game thread)

OOC: Everyone is in the inn. i am not charging for last nights inn stay as it was before the game began. Oh and you payed for the breakfast in advance.

Dawn comes after an ordinary night in the inn. A soft bell comes to recognize that breakfast was served. Come get your acorn mash a middle aged elf chief says to people. A slow steps of quiet footsteps starts up in the inn. A burly half-orc that was sleeping near Otto gets up. He seems to be hated as he makes quite a ruckus getting up. he makes a low yawn. A halfling makes a low groan. A gnome goes to a simple wooden chair and starts softly telling stories of green dragons hiding in the forest and of a lost egg.

BTW Ellyrhan prepare any spells you are going to prepare.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The dark forest 3.5 dnd game (game thread)

"Ugh..." came a disgruntled moan as the tinkling of the breakfast bell chimed through the room. A head appeared from underneath the pillow it should have been resting upon as the occupant started moving despite the pounding in his skull.

Elgin Wrathborne cautiously opened his eyes, wary of the dawn rays peeking through his window slats and attempted to focus on the wooden beams above his head. His mouth, he thought, tasted like a Dragon's armpit and felt even drier than one. Spitting out a sodden feather, presumably acquired from the pillow atop his face he thought, Elgin slowly sat up as the throbbing in his head crescendoed.

"Ugh," he harrumphed, "I'm never touching that Elven wine again," in the manner that all hungover men do as he slipped out of bed and stumbled his way to the door. Removing the bolt, he staggered out into the hallway in search of a source of water.

After a good, cold rinse Elgin felt somewhat more awake as he returned to his room and dressed for the day. Pulling on his shirt and breeches, Elgin decided to leave his armour off whilst he broke his fast, not least because the sound of metal scratching metal was sure to make him wince repeatedly at the noise. Slipping his feet into his well worn boots he headed downstairs to eat.

Nodding at the chef, ignoring the pain it caused him, Elgin sat down at a table with a healthy helping of acorn porridge in front of him. Pondering the strange ways of the Elves and their distinct lack of meat in their diet, he spooned the oat and acorn mixture into his mouth. Chewing his breakfast thoroughly, Elgin glanced around the room at the others joining him in breaking their fast.

[hr]

OOC: Why am I actually at this village? Have I actually been hired by anyone for anything? Do I know any of the other characters?
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 03:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ellyrhan emerged from her trance and reached for her spellbook, sitting on her bag nearby. She flipped it open to her prestidigitation cantrip and began preparing the spell, following it with an assortment of others drawn at random from her spellbook. As was her custom, the elf then rose from her sitting position and began to practice. After running through all of the arcane motions of her various spells to ensure that they were fresh in her mind, she used the remainder of the cantrip to clean herself off and pulled on her sky-blue dress.

Having completed her morning routine, Ellyhran stepped out into the common room of the inn. Like most elves, she was slender, with soft features, green eyes, and golden-brown hair pulled back in a loose ponytail. She carried her spell components and spellbook in a pouch at her hip, along with some of the not inconsiderable amount of money she earned performing odd magical tasks, mostly translating magic inscriptions in old books and buildings.

She nodded her thanks to the innkeeper as she collected her bowl of the porridge, and drifted off to one corner to eat.
[hr]
Spells Prepared
(Strikethrough denotes used spells, i.e. Prestidigitation)
Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mending, Read Magic, Dancing Lights
School 0: Dancing Lights
Level 1: Alarm, Tenser's Floating Disk, Shield
School 1: Magic Missile
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 08:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Kesel wakes up from his sleep, and after enjoying just laying in the warm bed for a minute or two he get's up. He starts the day by short stretching routine, to keep himself agile. He packs his stuff, checking that everything is there, and then heads for the breakfast. he takes a serving of porrige, and sits (if possible) to a table where he can look outside while eating.
He then proceeds to eat his porridge without too much of haste, and looking out of the window at whatever he sees.
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 08:55   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Jasan opened his eyes, and surveyed the room. It wasn't his, but that was normal; it was a very bad night indeed when he wasn't waking up in someone else's bed. Sadly, this bed belonged to the innkeeper, rather than one of the tasty young Elven maids. Ah well, it was still his first night here. Plenty of time yet...

He rose, yawned, and staggered over to the washbasin. Elves were very picky about personal hygene, and so if he wanted to score (again) he'd need to be well washed. He groomed his hair, shaved himself with a razor-edged knife and blew his nose into his hands. Finally, he swilled a herbal mixture around his mouth to take away the lingering aftertaste of last night's drink, and spat it out. It stung like hell, but beer breath put off the Elven maidens.

Jasan Quinn did not walk down to the breakfast area. He swaggered there. His blond ponytail swished in time with his hips, the trinkets of his headband jiggling lightly. He wore a faded blue waistcoat, currently open to show his studded leather armour beneath. He moved as if he owned the place. If he told you he did, you'd probably believe him. The entire look, movement and aura of self-righteousness could only be more perfect if he turned out to have blue eyes which, yes, he did. When he spotted a woman, he'd masterfully glance their way just long enough, with just a hint of a wink and a sliver of a smile.

By the time he made it to a table, he had most likely earned the resentment of any non-Elf male in the Inn. That's just how he liked it.

He rattled off a very loud, and very corny line to one of the female inn staff. It got a smile, a slight blush, and his breakfast brought to him. There was also the possibility that she may or may not get off at six, if you take my meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 18:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok otto was going back to sleep.

Oh Btw elves do eat meat just not tfor breakfast they hunt.
[hr]
The busy chatter of breakfast is ending but just before it finished the room went silent. The door came open with a soft creak and an tall male elf walks in. He then gladly boasts his name is Aratazil, captain of the gaurd, and he is searching for brave adventurer who would help the village find the missing hunting and search parties and rescue any survivors. In a loud booming voice.

Whisper to Jasan
You could even get females.

To Ellyrhan
And you wizard could be really useful in this and there may even be some spells involved.

So who else will answer my call ?

To Otto get up strong man and answer my call and pushes him with the pommel of his longsword.
[hr]

Noticing Elgin wraithbone armor come on you can fight and do not be a elven game hen.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 19:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Would there perhaps be some sort of reward promised, noble sir?" Kesel asks in soft tone of voice, without taking his eyes of the view from window. He places the empty cup on the table in front of him, and takes a drink of water to rinse his mouth.
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 19:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

"yes Oh yes," Aratzil said. Pulling out a large burlap sack from his haversack out and pulls out a burlap sack of gold.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 19:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ellyrhan shrugged. The guard captain wasn't her favorite elf, but the missing elves certainly warranted her attention. She probably would have offered her help anyway.

"A moment, captain."

She returned to her room and grabbed her pack, cloak, and weapons, then stepped back out into the common room.

"I will help, captain, but understand I am neither diviner nor invoker. I cannot simply conjure up the lost elves, nor find them with scrying eyes."
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 19:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Well you can always track them down with normal eyes. they did leave tracks that are easy to follow from a cart, replyed aratzil.