Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Omnipotent 2 (Chapter I) Main Game thread.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 21:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Omnipotent 2 (Chapter I) Main Game thread.

Hear the voice of the Bard,
Who present, past, and future, sees;
Whose ears have heard
The Holy Word
That walked among the ancient trees;

Calling the lapsed soul,
And weeping in the evening dew;
That might control
The starry pole,
And fallen, fallen light renew!

'O Earth, O Earth, return!
Arise from out the dewy grass!
Night is worn,
And the morn
Rises from the slumbrous mass.

'Turn away no more;
Why wilt thou turn away?
The starry floor,
The watery shore,
Is given thee till the break of day.'

[sub]William Blake- Songs of Experience, Introduction[/sub]

[hr]

This is the game thread.

First two posts are reserved for rules, opening flavour, and important informations.

Rules:

Read these, and obey them and we will have no problems. First one is what I say goes. If you feel I'm being harsh, unfair or unsporting or anything then by all means PM me and I'll be happy to discuss things and alter any action I may have taken accordingly, however, until such a time anything that I state is considered immutable fact and law written into the fabric of time space and reality.

The next one. No super godmodding. It is a sandbox, and your characters do have unlimited power to use upon the mortal world. However, do be considerate with this. There are other players in the game too. If you smite a village fine. We can deal with that. If you are however systematically wiping out all the followers of another player, then not only will they have something to say about it, but you may evoke the wrath of other.

That said, you can more or less do what you wish, be as interfering or laissez-faire as you choose. As the knowledge of Gods is more or less a given in the mortal world, you can be sure that revealing yourself to someone isn't going to phase them. That said, it doesn't guarantee their worship either.

Mechanics:

The game thread will be relatively simple I hope. Everyone gets to post in any order. However, to ensure that no-one gets bogged down with everyone posting behind them NO-ONE Is allowed to post any more than twice until I have posted. So essentially, everyone has two posts per "round" as it were, then when I post the next "round" as it were will begin etc. Note that this is different to "Chapters" which are part of the story.

Any form of actual fighting between gods, as it has the likely hood of confusing people will take place in a separate thread (Which will be created as of when it is needed. (assuming I'm allowed to do this?)) I'm hoping that this thread will keep all battles relatively short so there's no waiting around. The outcome of the battles in the thread will decide how gameplay progresses in the main thread. I.e. the victor can continue with their grand plan etc. The loser cannot.

On the subject of PM's, I may use these for any number of reasons, to prod you and say you need to post something, to offer a reminder that your people are deserting you or any other reason. Please ensure your PM box has enough space therefore, in case I do need to PM you anything.

Statistics and rather important stuff:

During the game your actions will have various effects on the mortal realm, in this post are some statistics that you may wish to pay attention to. This is an explanation of them:
Population: The total number of population approximately.
Percentage of believers: This shows how much of the population believes in your deities, and then this will be broken down to how many believe in an individual deity’s well, some may believe in more than one deity however (read: my calculations may suck, so bear with me :P)
Strength of Faith: This will be an average gauge of how strong the faith is, which is different to belief, and somewhat more important. Again this will be broken down.
Fear/Praise: Will change depending on how benevolent you are.

All of these statistics will fluctuate somewhat, depending on your actions, events and whenever I feel like it, though do note, any random fluctuations are likely to be very small, whereas events and your actions will have more of an effect on them.

[hr]

Players, and their character name:
1. Orkwarrior- Dextus (War)
2. Maju!- Erikon (Night and Shadow)
3. Jonga Khan- Madoros (Water)
4. SkullzD- Pregnor, (Fire)
5. Wargamer- The huntsman (Alcohol, revenge and justice)
6. Aun- Duat (Death)
7. Demios- Aktazotl (Sky)
8. Zenney- Venek (Crafting)
9. Allfather- Ohma (Omniscience)
10. Overwatch- Sravien (Fear)
11. Pachuco Cadaver- Odirbas (The Outcast)
12. Genmotty- Logo- Original thought
[hr]
[hr]

Population:
77 million
[hr]

Percentage of believers:
81%
[hr]
Per god (e.g. if the overall is 60% and a god had 100% next to them they have 60% overall):

Dextus:
70%
[hr]
Erikon:
71%
[hr]
Madoros:
76%
[hr]
Pregnor:
80%
[hr]
The Huntsmaster:
72%
[hr]
Duat:
70%
[hr]
Aktazotl:
71%
[hr]
Venek:
74%
[hr]
Ohma:
70%
[hr]
Sravien:
70%
[hr]
Odirbas:
20%
[hr]
(Logicism is a minus, as the number is taken from the percentage who are the non believing total. So for now that would be a 1% out of the 19% who aren't believers.)
Logicism:
-2%
[hr]
[hr]
Strength of Faith:
50%
[hr]
Per god (e.g. if the overall is 60% and a god had 100% next to them they have 60% overall):

Dextus:
50%
[hr]
Erikon:
51%
[hr]
Madoros:
55%
[hr]
Pregnor:
50%
[hr]
The Huntsmaster:
51%
[hr]
Duat:
50%
[hr]
Aktazotl:
49%
[hr]
Venek:
53%
[hr]
Ohma:
53%
[hr]
Sravien:
52%
[hr]
Odirbas:
70%
[hr]
Logicism:
90%
[hr]
[hr]
Fear(-)/Praise(+)
[hr]

Individual fear/praise:

Dextus:
[hr]
Erikon:
[hr]
Madoros:
+2
[hr]
Pregnor:
[hr]
The Huntsmaster:
[hr]
Duat:
[hr]
Aktazotl:
[hr]
Venek:
[hr]
Ohma:
[hr]
Sravien:
[hr]
Odirbas:
[hr]
Logicism:
[hr]
[hr]
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2009, 21:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Omnipotent 2 (Chapter I) Main Game thread.

[size=18pt] Chapter I. Rebirth[/size]

It is a strange feeling that takes you. You know you exist. But at the same time you do not. In essence you are trapped. A sort of limbo as it were. You cannot feel your limbs, yet you know they exist. You cannot see anything, and yet you see with perfect clarity. As you gain a sense of your surroundings, you notice others around you. What are they? Ideas? Concepts? Spirits? You ponder upon this a while longer, swimming the space around you, gradually hearing these others, the noise at first is erratic, and as you shout back(I say shout of course, but you cannot be sure if you do or ever had a mouth)to it to try and make sense of it. These sounds become letters, words, sentences, names, places, a multitude of information, all swimming around. You note a focal point and try to focus on it. This is emitting a strong "voice" and it is clear this one has been here some time. It says over and over "Ohma" You concentrate more. What is it? A name? You think. What is a name? Do you have one? it comes slowly, like a mist to you. You reply with your name, before long, you hear a multitude of names, all together. "Duat", "The Huntsman", "Dextus", "Erikon", More and more voices join this chorus, all as equal as the next, all competing and yet co-operating in time. "Sravien", "Aktazotl", "Venek", More names still, "Pregnor","Madoros" All speaking at the same time, all in time, all the same clarity, now no longer speaking but shouting, nay screaming out to this void around you.

Then Silence.

It lasts for an age.

Then.

Without warning. As if controlled by some commanding force, some greater power, you all speak, all in time, all simultaneous, just three words. "We are One".

"Yes, I suppose you are" comes a soft, elderly reply. Slowly, The void clears and you appear to be standing in a grand hall, with chequered tiles and huge marble arches. You can take form. You look around, and see the 9 others who spoke with you, and in front of you, an elderly wizened man. Or what looks like one, He has a cloak over him, and a staff to support him.

"Who are you?" One of you asks.
"Me?" He gives a soft chuckle. "I am, well, now they call me the keeper. In another time, I was known as Jurius. A long time ago now. But not to worry, That time is past, and now my duty is done."
"Duty?"
"Yes, You know I suppose what you are? In that, well, whatever you want to call it, the knowledge of what you are was apparent no doubt. I was like you once. Well, Similar, I was more than you."
"you?" comes a scoff from the group
"I have not always looked like this believe me. There was a time, I sat proud above all of your kind. I observed, and guided and harnessed your power."
"What happened?"
"I neglected my duty. I slipped, and chaos and disorder ensued. By the time I saw what had happened, it was to far gone. I tried to flee." He chuckles again to himself. "But I was caught. I left a world to die, and an entire existence to burn. By the time I came to face the actions I had taken, the only thing I could do to stop the spread was to destroy it. By it I mean everything. All the planes of existence gone in the blink of an eye. The entirety of reality and beyond collapsed around me. Then there was nothing. I was all that remained"
"So then what?"
"I exploded." He smiles. "Well, most of me. I started a reaction in the nothingness that created what you see now, and more. As you now know, there are many different planes of existence, some you will call home. There is another however, which is most important. The Mortal realm. This does not host any Gods of power, it anchors everything to a single point. Without this focal point, all that I have done will be for naught. This realm is now yours. It must remain. That is all that matters. How you choose to react and interact with this plane is up to you. You are the Gods of this realm. And you are it's defenders."
He turns to go but as he does, pauses. "And one more thing... Take care. You see, this realm not only anchors all these realms, it anchors you too. I am sure some of you may have memories of being part of this realm-don't try to comprehend this, there's no need. But these people's belief and faith in you is what keeps you in existence. It is what created you. You may sit back and let the world go by, but, if ever there is no more faith in you, then you will cease to exist, and put everything I have worked for into peril. Now then, I think I've said enough. Goodbye."
And with that, he burst into flames.

Moments later, the hall you were in collapses, and you find yourself in your own realms. You have much to ponder, and now begins your reign

Because last year people asked for a map, and I'm a lovely person, here's a Livingmap[sup]TM[/sup]. It may update at any time. It also might not, but there you go. Clicking on it should make it larger or take you to a screen where it does. Any problems ask me. The

New Structures of interest noted.
Mount Carcacaeseron remains dormant.
Epidemic occurs.
Map has snazzy parchmentey look to it. If you preferred the old style say so in the sign up thread.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 22:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Aktazotl smiled. The verdant terraces of his palace, the Kerak D'Caelum, spanned out over a leafy vally, full of trees and lakes. Light winds coursed through the place. The world was in equilibrium. Balance, and fluidity were things that the wind god desired. His followers were neither negligent nor fanatical. He was happy. Aktazotl liked making people feel good. And as the deity which brought rain, allowing for crop growth and prosperity, it was something he got to do frequently.

OOC: Do we know where the majorities of our followers are?
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2009, 23:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The sound of the waterfall inside the cave was like booming thunder, but to the ears of one who has spent lifetimes with it, Madoros barely noticed it at all. Before him the water of the pool shimmered, a picture dancing across it's surface. A mighty ship swayed and rolled as gigantic waves crashed against it's solid oak sides, rain pouring down from the heavens in a mighty storm. The crew struggled with the ropes yelling and screaming as they hung on for dear life. The water shimmered once more, focusing on the captain, strapped tightly to the helm with ropes, as he desperately tried to steer the ship through the raging wind. Under his breath, barely noticable through the picture, the captain mumbed quietly. Although blocked out by the thundering boom of the storm, so loud that the captain himself could not hear his own words, the whispers echoed as clear as a shout through Madoros' sanctuary. It was a prayer.

To these godless and forsaken sailors there was no deity to save them, no god to pray to, nothing to save them from the doom of the storm. Only a miracle could save them, only a god. The image shimmered once more and Madoros stepped away from the pool, his bare feet slapping on the stone. The plight of mortals was not his problem, And yet... The words of the wizened old man sounded in his head.

"You may sit back and let the world go by, but, if ever there is no more faith in you, then you will cease to exist, and put everything I have worked for into peril"

With a huff Madoros turned on his heel and headed back to the pool.

[hr]

The wind smashed into his face, surf and sweat stung his eyes as the Captain desperately tried to steer his ship. On the deck below he caught sight of his firstmate, saw the wave come in, smash across the deck, and wash the poor man overboard. He had known that the trip to Scapolia was dangerous this time of year, and yet he had risked it, all for a pile of gold. The ship shuddered as it was smashed by another wave, and the Captain was almost lurched from his precarius position, strapped to the helm. As he squinted into the storm, he caught site of something very strange. Out in the storm, heading in his direction, against the wind, was a small raft. It seemed to glide ethereally through the storm, as if on a current of it's own. The captain gasped as he saw a bare-chested young man, wearing but a loincloth in the freezing rain, guiding his raft with the gentle flicks of his fishing spear, as if gliding on a calm river current. The young man and his raft drew up next to the mighty ship. On the back of a small wave it rose up, and over the deck. The young man agilely stepped off the raft and onto the deck. The rolling of the ship stopped almost instantly and many of the crew fell from their handholds and sprawled on the deck. With a start, the captian realised the rain had ceased, and the air around the ship was deadly calm. yet outside the waver rose and fell, and rain fell in sheets.

Suddenly there was great fear among the crew and gasped and cried out. As the young man advanced across the deck, the crew drew back from him, many stumbling over themselves. The young man continued ignoring the crew, his bright blue peircing eyes fixed on the captain. His blood ran cold. Every inch of his bodies screamed for him to run, but the fear froze his legs solid, and he knew that the being he faced no was no mortal man. The being, clothed in the garb of a young man, climbed the steep steps with ethereal grace, and approached the helm.

He stopped just meters from the Captain, his spear thudding on the deck. The captian's heart skipped a beat. In a soft calm voice, that seemed to bely a mighty power, the being spoke.

"You! You are a greedy and self righteous man, who cares not for the troubles of the world, and yet you have the gall to call for my aid when the world turns against you!"

The captain's mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"I have heard that a common theme among my kind is to use those who seek out redemption." The being continued. "You shall be my prophet. When you reach port you shall sell all your belongings, the profits with which you are to use to build a church in my honour. You shall spread the news of my existance, and tell all my followers to make an offering of earth to my alter, before every voyage. This is your duty, bid you fulfill it!"

The shock of the statement had the Captain silent for a few momments.

"Why should i do this?" He asked incredulusly. The being looked taken aback for a momment.

"Because I have answered your prayer and saved you from the storm." He replied.

There was a momment of confusion as the Captain looked out onto the still raging storm, as if to reasure himself it was still there. The being took his hint and nodded in understanding. The with a click of his fingers the storm vanished. It just disappeared. one momment there was raging storm, the next, the sea was flat and calm, and the sun shone down strongly on the deck. There was not a cloud in the sky. Another gasp went up from the crew, the Captain gaped and spun his head around to look in all directions in pure awe. With that simple gesture the being was already halfway down the stairs.

"Wait!" The captain cried "Who are you". The being, no god, stopped and turned.

"I am Madoros, Lord and Ruler of the seas, God of Water and the Current. Praise me and you Voyages shall never fail." With that final announcement the God leapt over the railing and into the sea. Several men rushed to the railing to sea the god, but he had disappeared without a trace.

[hr]

[ooc] phew, that was pretty solid [ooc]
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2009, 01:43   #5 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Times like this, where the times Duat wished he didn't exist.
The sun of this solar system was going out. It was on its last leg, burning its last burn.
A planet in the suns system harbored life, a single sentient race that had just mastered language. They where terrified as they looked up at their dieing sun. Truly, the end times had come for them....
Duat, cosmically huge, but invisible to all, reached out with his hands and killed the dieing star between his hands. When he pulled his hands back, the Super Novae was revealed.

Duat visited the world, killing each being on it as the Super Novae consumed them.
He wept as in one stroke he killed a planet. He wept as he ended a species....an entire world.

In his his last act, he embraced the planets themselves as they where engulfed by the Super Novae.

He wept for what was lost, for a time. But he stopped himself. He knew that, with the stars death, and the breaking up of the planets orbits, gasses had been spewed out into the cosmos, gasses that would, in time form new stars of their own, and perhaps harbor new life of their own.

Each death had a purpose. It wasn't some great over-reaching end, as the souls of the planets inhabitants would find out as he took them to the Afterlife.

Duat limited his contact with mortal races. He would come to each of the mortal races however, at a time when they could comprehend mortality.
He would speak to them, he would lay down the seeds for their belief in the afterlife.
I am the Duat. I am the end of your existence in this world, but fear not, for it is not the end.
but they would fear him. They would hate him. They would loath death, blind to the purpose it served. The more he would try and interact with mortals, the worse the problem would become.

Duat looked up from the dead system, into the multitudes of the heavens. Each of these stars where born from the ashes of others.
Death had a reason for his existence, but that didn't make it any less of a burden, or any less lonely of an existence....
Old 16 Jul 2009, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Aktazotl idly coursed on the winds of a desert. A small nomadic village was off the horizon to the southwest, but Aktazotl did not intend to interfere with them. They had no heart for worship of the Gods. He was here for quite another reason. Much of the region's weather patterns originated from this patch of dirt. And Aktazotl intended that today the rain would fall sweetly.

The wind began subtly. A touch of breeze here, a small downdraft there. Aktazotl manipulated the currents and drafts to make a miles-wide system. He brushed it towards the south, where the ocean lay. As it drifted over the body of water, moisture was sucked up into the cloud banks. When just the correct amount of water had been absorbed, the Sky God sent it towards land. The system made contact with land, and waited until it was directly over the agricultural heartland. Load after load of rain was discharged, until the soil was saturated. Crops did not only grow, they thrived.

Aktazotl smiled as he saw the rain fall. Farmers rejoiced, and placed fresh offerings at their shrines to the Sky God. Aktazotl was happy.

So happy, that he made a whirlwind. Aktazotl liked whirlwinds, but they were superfulous things. He didn't need to make them, and was not given to excessive uses of his power. However, he felt like this occasion merited a whirlwind. Circular patterns gently lifted sand into the air, until a cyclone reached from the desert to the heavens. Aktazotl liked watching whirlwinds. They were like a bridge from the sky to the ground, a connector. They kept moving in circles, but always progressed. The Sky God let the whirlwind gently fade away as his attention was drawn elsewhere.

I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2009, 07:35   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

In depths of Volcanoes, Venek's servants work their skills and talents into smelting and shaping works of metal. The heat is unbearable to those less devoted to Venek for he gifted those who praise his name and his work with endurance to fire but that's only one amongst of many gifts Venek can bestow. The Dwarf is the first amongst his servants. Hardy and hardworking, the Dwarfs were perfect servants for Venek to command. Above, the Ogres work tirelessly to bring logs from the forests for works of carpentry but Venek is careful not to take too much least he disturbs one of his 'brothers'. The largest amongst his servants are the race of Giants. Their duty is to break the rocks of mountains and gather precious marble for masonry and sculpting as well as other precious stones and metals found within the mountains.

While the workshops are within Mountain, a tower is built on the top of it. So, tall that it is said to pierce the Heavens itself and even from far beyond can see it glimmer in the sunlight. The tower goes by many names by Venek adopt a simpler name for it; The Iron Tower. In actual fact, the tower itself is made of an unknown substance and only known to Venek himself. Venek presides on top of the tower, watching the mortal realm through his telescope as he casts his blessings and gift those who praise his name.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2009, 07:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos

OOC: Do we know where the majorities of our followers are?
That's for you to decide based on the map, where you think is best.

Also note this does NOT count as one of my posts before your allowed your next two posts, it must have some IC text I.e. in italics to count.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 08:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to greatmaju

Whispers in the Dark.
solid against the shadow.
the thief turned around. "Who are you?" He asked, his heart rate, racing.
ERIKON
"W...well, what do you want?" the thief more then a little wrong footed with the voice that spoke.
Followers
"What for? Are you a priest?"
No, I am the God of the Shadows and the Night. Perhaps its time to lighten this place
The shadows then lift, leaving an area of light. The thief can see a man, in a trenchcoat standing there.
"A God? Don't look like one?"
Indeed. Perhaps you'd like the security guards to see you then?
"A...Uh...better not all the same, so. Why do you need followers?"
Well. It would be unfair if you stick to my shadows, and my night, without offering any sort of thanks?
"but what can I do?" The thief, though thinking that perhaps this man is delusional, was also wondering what happen to the shadows.
Spread the word. I don't need big fancy churches. Hardly fitting, given the nature of your work. But a pray here, thanks there. Maybe my own priesthood. Help with these things, and the shadows shall reward you.
"uh....um...Yes, My lord. Right away" the thief, unable to believe his ears, netherless agreed. Perhaps it was the swirling darkness that was all about him. Or just the vanished shadows, but it felt so damn right.
Oh, after your 'Job'. Now go! The shadows shall thicken themselves. They shall not see you
[hr]
What do you think, Canis?
the dog, of course doesn't reply as it forms out of the shadows. It is just a dog after all.
Yes. I shall listen. Gather followers. Find a place to set up. The shadows are telling me, other 'Gods' that are asking for followers.
He melts. Just vanishes in the shadows.
[hr]
the thief finished his 'Job'. The hardest one yet. He started to give the word of this shadow god. and met like minded fellows. A religion soon started. A popular feature was dark coloured cloaks and trenchcoats. and they found the shadows to be much darker for them. It spread, fast, among those who thieved, killed or just used the night and shadows.

*Note: may not be fun. contact your Apothecary before visiting.

Armies:
  • 6800 Pnts Templar Guardians (SM)
  • 1500 Pnts Necrons Deathguard.
  • 1000 Pnts Ork SKulGratz
  • ??? Imperial Guard/Inquisition.
greatmaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2009, 14:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Dextus walked to his fortress' walls and looked out of the battles. He thought he might pay a visit towards a cirten god.

"Scout report to me now!" boomed Dextus. A horsemen appeared next to him in a split second. "What do you want me to do sir?" the scout replied.
"I need followers, good hard fighters to join my legion." Dextus Instructed. "Go to all the main cities and towns and put up a posters to sign up for the army. Also go to thieves dens and fighters guilds and say to them whoever thinks they can defeat the General in wrestling to come to my Fortress to battle me, if they fail though they will be inducted into my army."
"Yes sir, and any thing else?" asked the scout.

"Yes, prepare my chariot for riding as i have to make an errand to a person I know." Dextus answered back.

"Begone and make sure you get some recruits." Dextus ordered.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote