Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online (http://forums.tauonline.org/)
-   Serious Roleplay (http://forums.tauonline.org/serious-roleplay/)
-   -   Omnipotent 2 (Chapter I) Main Game thread. (http://forums.tauonline.org/serious-roleplay/71427-omnipotent-2-chapter-i-main-game-thread.html)

Hadhfang 15 Jul 2009 21:00

Omnipotent 2 (Chapter I) Main Game thread.

Hear the voice of the Bard,
Who present, past, and future, sees;
Whose ears have heard
The Holy Word
That walked among the ancient trees;

Calling the lapsed soul,
And weeping in the evening dew;
That might control
The starry pole,
And fallen, fallen light renew!

'O Earth, O Earth, return!
Arise from out the dewy grass!
Night is worn,
And the morn
Rises from the slumbrous mass.

'Turn away no more;
Why wilt thou turn away?
The starry floor,
The watery shore,
Is given thee till the break of day.'

[sub]William Blake- Songs of Experience, Introduction[/sub]

[hr]

This is the game thread.

First two posts are reserved for rules, opening flavour, and important informations.

Rules:

Read these, and obey them and we will have no problems. First one is what I say goes. If you feel I'm being harsh, unfair or unsporting or anything then by all means PM me and I'll be happy to discuss things and alter any action I may have taken accordingly, however, until such a time anything that I state is considered immutable fact and law written into the fabric of time space and reality.

The next one. No super godmodding. It is a sandbox, and your characters do have unlimited power to use upon the mortal world. However, do be considerate with this. There are other players in the game too. If you smite a village fine. We can deal with that. If you are however systematically wiping out all the followers of another player, then not only will they have something to say about it, but you may evoke the wrath of other.

That said, you can more or less do what you wish, be as interfering or laissez-faire as you choose. As the knowledge of Gods is more or less a given in the mortal world, you can be sure that revealing yourself to someone isn't going to phase them. That said, it doesn't guarantee their worship either.

Mechanics:

The game thread will be relatively simple I hope. Everyone gets to post in any order. However, to ensure that no-one gets bogged down with everyone posting behind them NO-ONE Is allowed to post any more than twice until I have posted. So essentially, everyone has two posts per "round" as it were, then when I post the next "round" as it were will begin etc. Note that this is different to "Chapters" which are part of the story.

Any form of actual fighting between gods, as it has the likely hood of confusing people will take place in a separate thread (Which will be created as of when it is needed. (assuming I'm allowed to do this?)) I'm hoping that this thread will keep all battles relatively short so there's no waiting around. The outcome of the battles in the thread will decide how gameplay progresses in the main thread. I.e. the victor can continue with their grand plan etc. The loser cannot.

On the subject of PM's, I may use these for any number of reasons, to prod you and say you need to post something, to offer a reminder that your people are deserting you or any other reason. Please ensure your PM box has enough space therefore, in case I do need to PM you anything. :)

Statistics and rather important stuff:

During the game your actions will have various effects on the mortal realm, in this post are some statistics that you may wish to pay attention to. This is an explanation of them:
Population: The total number of population approximately.
Percentage of believers: This shows how much of the population believes in your deities, and then this will be broken down to how many believe in an individual deity’s well, some may believe in more than one deity however (read: my calculations may suck, so bear with me :P)
Strength of Faith: This will be an average gauge of how strong the faith is, which is different to belief, and somewhat more important. Again this will be broken down.
Fear/Praise: Will change depending on how benevolent you are.

All of these statistics will fluctuate somewhat, depending on your actions, events and whenever I feel like it, though do note, any random fluctuations are likely to be very small, whereas events and your actions will have more of an effect on them.

[hr]

Players, and their character name:
1. Orkwarrior- Dextus (War)
2. Maju!- Erikon (Night and Shadow)
3. Jonga Khan- Madoros (Water)
4. SkullzD- Pregnor, (Fire)
5. Wargamer- The huntsman (Alcohol, revenge and justice)
6. Aun- Duat (Death)
7. Demios- Aktazotl (Sky)
8. Zenney- Venek (Crafting)
9. Allfather- Ohma (Omniscience)
10. Overwatch- Sravien (Fear)
11. Pachuco Cadaver- Odirbas (The Outcast)
12. Genmotty- Logo- Original thought
[hr]
[hr]

Population:
77 million
[hr]

Percentage of believers:
81%
[hr]
Per god (e.g. if the overall is 60% and a god had 100% next to them they have 60% overall):

Dextus:
70%
[hr]
Erikon:
71%
[hr]
Madoros:
76%
[hr]
Pregnor:
80%
[hr]
The Huntsmaster:
72%
[hr]
Duat:
70%
[hr]
Aktazotl:
71%
[hr]
Venek:
74%
[hr]
Ohma:
70%
[hr]
Sravien:
70%
[hr]
Odirbas:
20%
[hr]
(Logicism is a minus, as the number is taken from the percentage who are the non believing total. So for now that would be a 1% out of the 19% who aren't believers.)
Logicism:
-2%
[hr]
[hr]
Strength of Faith:
50%
[hr]
Per god (e.g. if the overall is 60% and a god had 100% next to them they have 60% overall):

Dextus:
50%
[hr]
Erikon:
51%
[hr]
Madoros:
55%
[hr]
Pregnor:
50%
[hr]
The Huntsmaster:
51%
[hr]
Duat:
50%
[hr]
Aktazotl:
49%
[hr]
Venek:
53%
[hr]
Ohma:
53%
[hr]
Sravien:
52%
[hr]
Odirbas:
70%
[hr]
Logicism:
90%
[hr]
[hr]
Fear(-)/Praise(+)
[hr]

Individual fear/praise:

Dextus:
[hr]
Erikon:
[hr]
Madoros:
+2
[hr]
Pregnor:
[hr]
The Huntsmaster:
[hr]
Duat:
[hr]
Aktazotl:
[hr]
Venek:
[hr]
Ohma:
[hr]
Sravien:
[hr]
Odirbas:
[hr]
Logicism:
[hr]
[hr]

Hadhfang 15 Jul 2009 21:01

Re: Omnipotent 2 (Chapter I) Main Game thread.

[size=18pt] Chapter I. Rebirth[/size]

It is a strange feeling that takes you. You know you exist. But at the same time you do not. In essence you are trapped. A sort of limbo as it were. You cannot feel your limbs, yet you know they exist. You cannot see anything, and yet you see with perfect clarity. As you gain a sense of your surroundings, you notice others around you. What are they? Ideas? Concepts? Spirits? You ponder upon this a while longer, swimming the space around you, gradually hearing these others, the noise at first is erratic, and as you shout back(I say shout of course, but you cannot be sure if you do or ever had a mouth)to it to try and make sense of it. These sounds become letters, words, sentences, names, places, a multitude of information, all swimming around. You note a focal point and try to focus on it. This is emitting a strong "voice" and it is clear this one has been here some time. It says over and over "Ohma" You concentrate more. What is it? A name? You think. What is a name? Do you have one? it comes slowly, like a mist to you. You reply with your name, before long, you hear a multitude of names, all together. "Duat", "The Huntsman", "Dextus", "Erikon", More and more voices join this chorus, all as equal as the next, all competing and yet co-operating in time. "Sravien", "Aktazotl", "Venek", More names still, "Pregnor","Madoros" All speaking at the same time, all in time, all the same clarity, now no longer speaking but shouting, nay screaming out to this void around you.

Then Silence.

It lasts for an age.

Then.

Without warning. As if controlled by some commanding force, some greater power, you all speak, all in time, all simultaneous, just three words. "We are One".

"Yes, I suppose you are" comes a soft, elderly reply. Slowly, The void clears and you appear to be standing in a grand hall, with chequered tiles and huge marble arches. You can take form. You look around, and see the 9 others who spoke with you, and in front of you, an elderly wizened man. Or what looks like one, He has a cloak over him, and a staff to support him.

"Who are you?" One of you asks.
"Me?" He gives a soft chuckle. "I am, well, now they call me the keeper. In another time, I was known as Jurius. A long time ago now. But not to worry, That time is past, and now my duty is done."
"Duty?"
"Yes, You know I suppose what you are? In that, well, whatever you want to call it, the knowledge of what you are was apparent no doubt. I was like you once. Well, Similar, I was more than you."
"you?" comes a scoff from the group
"I have not always looked like this believe me. There was a time, I sat proud above all of your kind. I observed, and guided and harnessed your power."
"What happened?"
"I neglected my duty. I slipped, and chaos and disorder ensued. By the time I saw what had happened, it was to far gone. I tried to flee." He chuckles again to himself. "But I was caught. I left a world to die, and an entire existence to burn. By the time I came to face the actions I had taken, the only thing I could do to stop the spread was to destroy it. By it I mean everything. All the planes of existence gone in the blink of an eye. The entirety of reality and beyond collapsed around me. Then there was nothing. I was all that remained"
"So then what?"
"I exploded." He smiles. "Well, most of me. I started a reaction in the nothingness that created what you see now, and more. As you now know, there are many different planes of existence, some you will call home. There is another however, which is most important. The Mortal realm. This does not host any Gods of power, it anchors everything to a single point. Without this focal point, all that I have done will be for naught. This realm is now yours. It must remain. That is all that matters. How you choose to react and interact with this plane is up to you. You are the Gods of this realm. And you are it's defenders."
He turns to go but as he does, pauses. "And one more thing... Take care. You see, this realm not only anchors all these realms, it anchors you too. I am sure some of you may have memories of being part of this realm-don't try to comprehend this, there's no need. But these people's belief and faith in you is what keeps you in existence. It is what created you. You may sit back and let the world go by, but, if ever there is no more faith in you, then you will cease to exist, and put everything I have worked for into peril. Now then, I think I've said enough. Goodbye."
And with that, he burst into flames.

Moments later, the hall you were in collapses, and you find yourself in your own realms. You have much to ponder, and now begins your reign

Because last year people asked for a map, and I'm a lovely person, here's a Livingmap[sup]TM[/sup]. It may update at any time. It also might not, but there you go. Clicking on it should make it larger or take you to a screen where it does. Any problems ask me. The

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../th_Map3-1.gif
New Structures of interest noted.
Mount Carcacaeseron remains dormant.
Epidemic occurs.
Map has snazzy parchmentey look to it. If you preferred the old style say so in the sign up thread. :)

Scoutninja 15 Jul 2009 22:31

Aktazotl smiled. The verdant terraces of his palace, the Kerak D'Caelum, spanned out over a leafy vally, full of trees and lakes. Light winds coursed through the place. The world was in equilibrium. Balance, and fluidity were things that the wind god desired. His followers were neither negligent nor fanatical. He was happy. Aktazotl liked making people feel good. And as the deity which brought rain, allowing for crop growth and prosperity, it was something he got to do frequently.

OOC: Do we know where the majorities of our followers are?

majonga 15 Jul 2009 23:43

The sound of the waterfall inside the cave was like booming thunder, but to the ears of one who has spent lifetimes with it, Madoros barely noticed it at all. Before him the water of the pool shimmered, a picture dancing across it's surface. A mighty ship swayed and rolled as gigantic waves crashed against it's solid oak sides, rain pouring down from the heavens in a mighty storm. The crew struggled with the ropes yelling and screaming as they hung on for dear life. The water shimmered once more, focusing on the captain, strapped tightly to the helm with ropes, as he desperately tried to steer the ship through the raging wind. Under his breath, barely noticable through the picture, the captain mumbed quietly. Although blocked out by the thundering boom of the storm, so loud that the captain himself could not hear his own words, the whispers echoed as clear as a shout through Madoros' sanctuary. It was a prayer.

To these godless and forsaken sailors there was no deity to save them, no god to pray to, nothing to save them from the doom of the storm. Only a miracle could save them, only a god. The image shimmered once more and Madoros stepped away from the pool, his bare feet slapping on the stone. The plight of mortals was not his problem, And yet... The words of the wizened old man sounded in his head.

"You may sit back and let the world go by, but, if ever there is no more faith in you, then you will cease to exist, and put everything I have worked for into peril"

With a huff Madoros turned on his heel and headed back to the pool.

[hr]

The wind smashed into his face, surf and sweat stung his eyes as the Captain desperately tried to steer his ship. On the deck below he caught sight of his firstmate, saw the wave come in, smash across the deck, and wash the poor man overboard. He had known that the trip to Scapolia was dangerous this time of year, and yet he had risked it, all for a pile of gold. The ship shuddered as it was smashed by another wave, and the Captain was almost lurched from his precarius position, strapped to the helm. As he squinted into the storm, he caught site of something very strange. Out in the storm, heading in his direction, against the wind, was a small raft. It seemed to glide ethereally through the storm, as if on a current of it's own. The captain gasped as he saw a bare-chested young man, wearing but a loincloth in the freezing rain, guiding his raft with the gentle flicks of his fishing spear, as if gliding on a calm river current. The young man and his raft drew up next to the mighty ship. On the back of a small wave it rose up, and over the deck. The young man agilely stepped off the raft and onto the deck. The rolling of the ship stopped almost instantly and many of the crew fell from their handholds and sprawled on the deck. With a start, the captian realised the rain had ceased, and the air around the ship was deadly calm. yet outside the waver rose and fell, and rain fell in sheets.

Suddenly there was great fear among the crew and gasped and cried out. As the young man advanced across the deck, the crew drew back from him, many stumbling over themselves. The young man continued ignoring the crew, his bright blue peircing eyes fixed on the captain. His blood ran cold. Every inch of his bodies screamed for him to run, but the fear froze his legs solid, and he knew that the being he faced no was no mortal man. The being, clothed in the garb of a young man, climbed the steep steps with ethereal grace, and approached the helm.

He stopped just meters from the Captain, his spear thudding on the deck. The captian's heart skipped a beat. In a soft calm voice, that seemed to bely a mighty power, the being spoke.

"You! You are a greedy and self righteous man, who cares not for the troubles of the world, and yet you have the gall to call for my aid when the world turns against you!"

The captain's mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"I have heard that a common theme among my kind is to use those who seek out redemption." The being continued. "You shall be my prophet. When you reach port you shall sell all your belongings, the profits with which you are to use to build a church in my honour. You shall spread the news of my existance, and tell all my followers to make an offering of earth to my alter, before every voyage. This is your duty, bid you fulfill it!"

The shock of the statement had the Captain silent for a few momments.

"Why should i do this?" He asked incredulusly. The being looked taken aback for a momment.

"Because I have answered your prayer and saved you from the storm." He replied.

There was a momment of confusion as the Captain looked out onto the still raging storm, as if to reasure himself it was still there. The being took his hint and nodded in understanding. The with a click of his fingers the storm vanished. It just disappeared. one momment there was raging storm, the next, the sea was flat and calm, and the sun shone down strongly on the deck. There was not a cloud in the sky. Another gasp went up from the crew, the Captain gaped and spun his head around to look in all directions in pure awe. With that simple gesture the being was already halfway down the stairs.

"Wait!" The captain cried "Who are you". The being, no god, stopped and turned.

"I am Madoros, Lord and Ruler of the seas, God of Water and the Current. Praise me and you Voyages shall never fail." With that final announcement the God leapt over the railing and into the sea. Several men rushed to the railing to sea the god, but he had disappeared without a trace.

[hr]

[ooc] phew, that was pretty solid [ooc]

Aun 16 Jul 2009 01:43

Times like this, where the times Duat wished he didn't exist.
The sun of this solar system was going out. It was on its last leg, burning its last burn.
A planet in the suns system harbored life, a single sentient race that had just mastered language. They where terrified as they looked up at their dieing sun. Truly, the end times had come for them....
Duat, cosmically huge, but invisible to all, reached out with his hands and killed the dieing star between his hands. When he pulled his hands back, the Super Novae was revealed.

Duat visited the world, killing each being on it as the Super Novae consumed them.
He wept as in one stroke he killed a planet. He wept as he ended a species....an entire world.

In his his last act, he embraced the planets themselves as they where engulfed by the Super Novae.

He wept for what was lost, for a time. But he stopped himself. He knew that, with the stars death, and the breaking up of the planets orbits, gasses had been spewed out into the cosmos, gasses that would, in time form new stars of their own, and perhaps harbor new life of their own.

Each death had a purpose. It wasn't some great over-reaching end, as the souls of the planets inhabitants would find out as he took them to the Afterlife.

Duat limited his contact with mortal races. He would come to each of the mortal races however, at a time when they could comprehend mortality.
He would speak to them, he would lay down the seeds for their belief in the afterlife.
I am the Duat. I am the end of your existence in this world, but fear not, for it is not the end.
but they would fear him. They would hate him. They would loath death, blind to the purpose it served. The more he would try and interact with mortals, the worse the problem would become.

Duat looked up from the dead system, into the multitudes of the heavens. Each of these stars where born from the ashes of others.
Death had a reason for his existence, but that didn't make it any less of a burden, or any less lonely of an existence....

Scoutninja 16 Jul 2009 02:12

Aktazotl idly coursed on the winds of a desert. A small nomadic village was off the horizon to the southwest, but Aktazotl did not intend to interfere with them. They had no heart for worship of the Gods. He was here for quite another reason. Much of the region's weather patterns originated from this patch of dirt. And Aktazotl intended that today the rain would fall sweetly.

The wind began subtly. A touch of breeze here, a small downdraft there. Aktazotl manipulated the currents and drafts to make a miles-wide system. He brushed it towards the south, where the ocean lay. As it drifted over the body of water, moisture was sucked up into the cloud banks. When just the correct amount of water had been absorbed, the Sky God sent it towards land. The system made contact with land, and waited until it was directly over the agricultural heartland. Load after load of rain was discharged, until the soil was saturated. Crops did not only grow, they thrived.

Aktazotl smiled as he saw the rain fall. Farmers rejoiced, and placed fresh offerings at their shrines to the Sky God. Aktazotl was happy.

So happy, that he made a whirlwind. Aktazotl liked whirlwinds, but they were superfulous things. He didn't need to make them, and was not given to excessive uses of his power. However, he felt like this occasion merited a whirlwind. Circular patterns gently lifted sand into the air, until a cyclone reached from the desert to the heavens. Aktazotl liked watching whirlwinds. They were like a bridge from the sky to the ground, a connector. They kept moving in circles, but always progressed. The Sky God let the whirlwind gently fade away as his attention was drawn elsewhere.

Zen 16 Jul 2009 07:35

In depths of Volcanoes, Venek's servants work their skills and talents into smelting and shaping works of metal. The heat is unbearable to those less devoted to Venek for he gifted those who praise his name and his work with endurance to fire but that's only one amongst of many gifts Venek can bestow. The Dwarf is the first amongst his servants. Hardy and hardworking, the Dwarfs were perfect servants for Venek to command. Above, the Ogres work tirelessly to bring logs from the forests for works of carpentry but Venek is careful not to take too much least he disturbs one of his 'brothers'. The largest amongst his servants are the race of Giants. Their duty is to break the rocks of mountains and gather precious marble for masonry and sculpting as well as other precious stones and metals found within the mountains.

While the workshops are within Mountain, a tower is built on the top of it. So, tall that it is said to pierce the Heavens itself and even from far beyond can see it glimmer in the sunlight. The tower goes by many names by Venek adopt a simpler name for it; The Iron Tower. In actual fact, the tower itself is made of an unknown substance and only known to Venek himself. Venek presides on top of the tower, watching the mortal realm through his telescope as he casts his blessings and gift those who praise his name.

Hadhfang 16 Jul 2009 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimos

OOC: Do we know where the majorities of our followers are?

That's for you to decide based on the map, where you think is best.

Also note this does NOT count as one of my posts before your allowed your next two posts, it must have some IC text I.e. in italics to count.

greatmaju 16 Jul 2009 08:14

Whispers in the Dark.
solid against the shadow.
the thief turned around. "Who are you?" He asked, his heart rate, racing.
ERIKON
"W...well, what do you want?" the thief more then a little wrong footed with the voice that spoke.
Followers
"What for? Are you a priest?"
No, I am the God of the Shadows and the Night. Perhaps its time to lighten this place
The shadows then lift, leaving an area of light. The thief can see a man, in a trenchcoat standing there.
"A God? Don't look like one?"
Indeed. Perhaps you'd like the security guards to see you then?
"A...Uh...better not all the same, so. Why do you need followers?"
Well. It would be unfair if you stick to my shadows, and my night, without offering any sort of thanks?
"but what can I do?" The thief, though thinking that perhaps this man is delusional, was also wondering what happen to the shadows.
Spread the word. I don't need big fancy churches. Hardly fitting, given the nature of your work. But a pray here, thanks there. Maybe my own priesthood. Help with these things, and the shadows shall reward you.
"uh....um...Yes, My lord. Right away" the thief, unable to believe his ears, netherless agreed. Perhaps it was the swirling darkness that was all about him. Or just the vanished shadows, but it felt so damn right.
Oh, after your 'Job'. Now go! The shadows shall thicken themselves. They shall not see you
[hr]
What do you think, Canis?
the dog, of course doesn't reply as it forms out of the shadows. It is just a dog after all.
Yes. I shall listen. Gather followers. Find a place to set up. The shadows are telling me, other 'Gods' that are asking for followers.
He melts. Just vanishes in the shadows.
[hr]
the thief finished his 'Job'. The hardest one yet. He started to give the word of this shadow god. and met like minded fellows. A religion soon started. A popular feature was dark coloured cloaks and trenchcoats. and they found the shadows to be much darker for them. It spread, fast, among those who thieved, killed or just used the night and shadows.

OrkWarrior 16 Jul 2009 14:27

Dextus walked to his fortress' walls and looked out of the battles. He thought he might pay a visit towards a cirten god.

"Scout report to me now!" boomed Dextus. A horsemen appeared next to him in a split second. "What do you want me to do sir?" the scout replied.
"I need followers, good hard fighters to join my legion." Dextus Instructed. "Go to all the main cities and towns and put up a posters to sign up for the army. Also go to thieves dens and fighters guilds and say to them whoever thinks they can defeat the General in wrestling to come to my Fortress to battle me, if they fail though they will be inducted into my army."
"Yes sir, and any thing else?" asked the scout.

"Yes, prepare my chariot for riding as i have to make an errand to a person I know." Dextus answered back.

"Begone and make sure you get some recruits." Dextus ordered.

Wargamer 16 Jul 2009 15:54

Captain Dexter surveyed the scene. Armed men were hauling sailors from the tiny craft, dragging them aboard the galleon whilst Marines scoured the hold. Dexter smiled a thin, leery smile as the commander of the merchant ship was brought before him.
"Well well, a smuggler. It is always a pleasure to punish men such as you."
"We are not smugglers!" the man spat.
"Pirates then. Your hold appears to be full of contraband."
The sailor watched as Marines emerged from his hold, carrying barrels of ale. "That's for my men!" he growled. "We're hauling timber and stone; the drink is to keep their spirits up."
"A likely story," Dexter replied dismissively. "You men are criminals and will be punished as such. Take them below!"
"You can't do this!" the sailor roared, but his words were ignored.
"I'll make you pay! I swear to the gods I will make you pay if it's the last thing I do!"

There was a short drop, and a sudden stop. That didn't kill him. The plunge into the abyss should have, but something else awaited in the darkness...

The storm engulfed the vessel two weeks out of port. Captain Dexter clung to his hat to stop it blowing away, and watched as his men battled the elements to maintain order.
"Mr. Carter!" he yelled amidst the howling tempest. "Get those sails down!"
Lightning flashed. Carter hesitated in his duty, looking to port.
"Carter, what is wrong with you man?"
"I thought I saw a ship..."
Dexter was about to scold his aide, but the lightning came again and he saw it. A mighty galleon, ancient and blighted as if dredged from hell itself, was closing off the port bow. The glow of the lightning faded, and so did the ship.

Dexter blinked, rubbing his eyes. It couldn't be real. He muttered a prayer to the gods.
The Gods can't help you now...

Lightning burned his eyes. The voice had come from everywhere and nowhere, but through the white fury he could see the hellship again. A man clung to the rigging, staring right at him.
LET FLY!
Wood splintered. A sailor was torn clean off the ship by a cannonball whose roar was lost to the maelstrom. A moment later, the aftcastle exploded into a blizzard of splinters as solid rounds found their mark. A mast came down, long-guns broke free of their moorings and crushed men beneath their bulk. The cannon shot was ripping straight through them.
"Hard to starboard!" Carter yelled, watching the unholy vessel. It was still. The monstrous vessel was dead level, as if sat upon a millpond, yet the waves were almost touching her deck.

The figure jumped. He soared across the gap, landing upon Dexter's ship so fiercely the timbers splintered. He reached the captain in three quick strides, and locked a meaty hand around his neck.
"Captain Carter..." the figure growled.
"W-what are you?" Carter whimpered, to terrified to struggle.
"You had me dance the hempen jig. Then, not satisfied, you clamped ball and chain to my legs and tossed me from the cliffs, to drown forever in the abyss... and all for a few barrels of ale..."
The giant drew out a large tankard, and took a deep swig.
"Condemned for a crime that I did not commit, now back from hell for vengeance! I am the Huntmaster, and I will drag this ship to Davy Jones for your crimes!"

Lightning struck the midship. The masts still standing burst into flame, and the vessel cracked down its spine. The Huntmaster's grip on Carter never faltered as he strode across the deck. Men screamed and cried and begged for their lives, but the Huntmaster merely laughed at them. "You'll all be damned with him!"

That, it turned out, was not entirely true. A few survived, less than one man in ten, scattered upon the shores of the world. Each man staggered into a tavern, bar or gathering place, and when a glass was pushed into their pale, trembling hands they'd mumble their account of the sinking of the Calling Bell. They spoke of the giant, back from Hell for vengeance, and enfused with the power of ale.

They spoke of the Huntmaster, and so the legends began...

NecronMasterLord 16 Jul 2009 16:18

From the begining Sravien was there. From the first human cowering in a cave, he was there. It had been he that drove man to make fire, not cold or hunger, but the fear of the dark.

Sravien was there, when Madoros calmed the storm.

Sravien was there, when Duat took all the beings on that world.

Sravien was there, in the shadows when Erikon recruited his first follower.

Sravien was there, on the deck of the ship when the Huntmaster took his revenge.

Sravien flitted among the houses of a human settlement-a floorboard creak, an eerie shadow was all that indicated his presence. He paused above the bed of one of the humans, and reached out into her dream. He twisted and warped it, filling it with terror until the woman awoke, screaming. Then Sravien spoke saying: Pray to me ye mortals. Pray to me when ye fear death. Pray to me when ye fear pain. Pray to me when ye fear any such thing. For I am the Lord of Fear, and can remove any fear from you. I am Sravien. Tell all who will listen. The woman understood and fell back asleep. Sravien departed then, for he had a favor to ask of Death, and of Shadow

Zen 16 Jul 2009 18:30

What shall I bestow upon the mortals...Something magnificent. Something that can change their very lives and eventually bow before my own genius! Of course, I have to be careful. These mortals can be very self-centered. That's why I created my own minions. Still... Venek mused. I need something that will put me on top above the other Gods. So, what I shall I bestow... Venek look around his workshop. A mess; little gadgets and gizmos are laying on the floors and tables. Books and scrolls buried in more books and scrolls. Venek dig through the mess to find something. Something simple and revolutionary... Venek thought. Eventually, he came across one of his earlier creations. A steam-powered locomotive. Genius. I am such a genius. he thought to himself.

Now, the problem lies in finding a worthy mortal to bestow the idea. Venek said to himself and hurried to his telescope to find this mortal. Search and search as hard as any God would but he still couldn't find a suitable mortal to be gifted until...

He found an enterprising young fellow. Interesting... Venek whispered and he continued to observe the boy for some time. Curiosity seems to be his best companion. He's also quite itchy with his fingers; always tinkering with objects. Always making various things out of junk and garbage. An interesting fellow...Yes, he is the One. Now...to steer his fate.

For the next few days, Venek manipulated the objects discovered by the boy. He would teach him the basics of Physics though practical and everyday routine. Slowly but surely the boy understood just enough for him to discover the concept of Steam Power. On a full moon, Venek decided to make himself known to the boy and commanded him to build in his name. Knowledge run through the mind of the boy and he immediately set to work. Throughout the night, banging of hammer and clanking of metal can be heard. He work feverishly to satisfy his own ambition and to appease his new Lord and Master. By morning, he created the mortal realm's very first steam engine. To demonstrate the new machine to his people, he hooked it up to a mill where the engine would power the mill and grind the grains. The people were quite amazed though they had to think hard for the wider application of the steam engine.

Aun 17 Jul 2009 03:31

The sorcerer laughed like the maniac he was as he cast his spell. The fire danced and crackled, turning purple, then green. He spat out angrily as he threw another magical substance on the fire.
"I'll show them! They cant cast me out like that and not expect the vengeance of the gods! I'll end them, I'll kill them all!"
He continued with his spell, calling down the vengeance of the gods on the town that had cast him out with stones.
The spell from the book would not fail. She had given the book to him. With this book, he could gain a measure of control over even the gods themselves.

[hr]

The essence of Duat was normally split into by time and space. He could be almost anywhere, at any time, includeing in more than one palace at once, and in fact, he usually had to be in several places at once.
Suddenly, and quite violently, the essence of Duat was forced together, in one place, in one time.

It was a town. Duat's confusion as he looked down upon the town from the night sky was turned to horror.
His essence was forced down upon the mortals of the town, killing them one at a tme.
"What!? No no no! Stop, stop!"
he yelled in vain to himself as, his powers out of his control, he smothered them with death. All of them. More than a thousand.

And just as suddenly as his powers where taken out of his control, they stopped. As he killed the last person living in the town, he gained control of himself once more.

Duat physically manifested himself on the world. He held the dead in his hands he had been forced somehow to slay.

Duat looked up at the heavens, and screamed his frustration, his despair, and his agony at the night. The scream rippled across the world and through all realities, the pain ripping its way through the boundaries of reality.

"Why, powers that be? Why has this happened...
he said, cradling a dead baby.

[hr]

Well, that went well, don't you think?
Certainly, now we know the rest of the book will work.
What about the mortal you gave the book to?
I'll take care of him latter and get the book back. No need to rush right now. we have waited this long, we can wait a little longer...

Wargamer 17 Jul 2009 10:56

The Huntmaster's ship, unholy vessel that it was, drifted unseen across the oceans of the world. The Huntmaster followed the flow of the seas, followed the paths of the crews as they returned to land, followed the sounds of drinking...

A voice called to him, albeit indirectly. An old sea dog recounting tales of how a cheating merchant had conned him out of his gold. The man had sought to flee the city with his wares by stowing away on a boat... the boat of the man he'd just stolen from. The bloody details of what followed were met with much approval, and the old man raised a tankard in toast.
"Hail the Huntmaster!" he laughed. Others did too, the horrors of tales from previous nights largely forgtoeen in the warm wash of ale.

The Huntmaster approved. Yes, he hadn't actually helped the man in any way, but he liked to be praised regardless. It seemed fitting, then, that some small gesture be made.

When the old man returned to his vessel, he found the crew gathered in the hold. A single barrel of ale was stood in their midst, the origins of which were a mystery. The emblem of a sword and tankard were burned into the barrel, which itself seemed to be ancient beyond reckoning.

Slowly, gingerly, a pint was drawn. The captain sniffed it, then put it to his lips carefully. He rolled the brew in his mouth, smacking his lips, and placed the tankard down very carefully.
"Bloody hell..." he mumbled. "That... that is a bloody good pint..."

So it was that the barrel was promptly emptied, and a good night was had on board ship.

SkullzD 17 Jul 2009 11:01

Pregnor bathed in his own pure flame.
His being slowly died out by the intense heat, and his essence rejooiced. He was one with the flame, as he once had been. And as he once will be again.

He could only spare a few moments before he had to recreate his body. There were things to do, fires to start and a world to burn.
Of all the fires in the world, he choosed one. It was a town that had been burnt to the ground by a army of marauders. It was still burning, and the marauders was finishing off the last survivors.

He materialised himself in the biggest of the fires.

"Ahh.. A new flame... Let me share my warmth" With a grim smile, the flame grew to new heights and made the city so hot that it was near impossible to stand near it, yet alone in the city.

He laughed and walked around in the city, spreading his warmth wherever he liked. It was not long before the very stones of the wall begun to melt.

The army of Marauders stood by, outside the city, and watched. They were amazed by the sheer destruction this deity caused.

"Get me a priest!" the leader shouted out. "I want to know which God it is that cause this marvelous destruction."

majonga 17 Jul 2009 13:16

The cave thundered with the crash of the mighty waterfall and once more Madoros' found himself crouched over his pool. Watching the mortal world go by. It had become a pet project of a sort. Twice since he had saved the captain from the storm, had Madoros appeared before his prophet. Guiding on the next stage of his path. The foundation of the Church of Madoros was still in it's infancy, only a single temple was raised in his honor. It lay in the city of Arkosh, 300 miles north of Fortas Derro on the continent of Scapolia. Madoros had made his mark on the temple bestowing a number of gifts upon it, chief among them being "The Current Fountain", dedicated to one of Madoros' servants, it was a mighty fountain that circumvented the temple, like a curtain wall of churning water. How exactly the walls of water kept it's pressure and did not spill out onto the streets was both a mystery and a marvel. One that brought many pilgrims and worshipers to the temple. With the arrival of pilgrims the city of Arkosh grew, and it's people flourished with trade and tourism. However success and wealth brought more than just pilgrims...

[hr]

As Madoros' four servants, Wave, Current, Rain and Flood, passed through the roaring waterfall they gathered in the cave's atrium. From a distance they gazed upon their master who was crouched beside his pool. This had become a normal occurrence, but today was different. Madoros' young face, usually so passive, was crossed by a frown. At once they became aware of small voices, whispering in the caves. The prayers of Madoros' followers. The voices seemed fearful, panicked and pleading. a thousand voices cried out in terror and in fear, the screaming filled the cave, drowning the waterfall out in horror.

Arkosh was burning.

[hr]

The city had been unprepared. The marauders had come without warning and without mercy. Into the chaos that was the sacking of Arkosh, the fire god had descended, he blew up a mighty flame and consumed the town in apocalyptic fire. Only the Temple of Madoros stood safe, the "The Current Fountain" acted like a living wall, protecting those who sought sanctity in her holy ground. A great battle was fought, as the flames of hell assaulted time after time the swirling walls of water. Again the flames burst forward and again they were repulsed in a blast of steam. The flames seemed to burn brighter in frustration, while the walls of water stood firm. The citizens of Arkosh huddled in the temple grounds as the battle waged, and the powers of the very gods themselves vowed for dominance.

Such an attack upon his temple could not go unchallenged, and Madoros appeared upon the mortal plane. Right in the very heart of the raging inferno of Arkosh. the heat was powerful even to the god, and though he kept a shield of water around him the heat was intense. Here at the heart of the destruction stood Pregnor, the god of fire and flame. the two gods face each other, the very opposite of the natural cycle, the very oldest of enemies. Madoros' voice boomed, his full power unveiled.

"Pregnor, lord of Fire and Flame. I have no heart for this city, nor do I care for it's fate. Burn what you wish and what you must, but desist the assaults upon my temple and my followers. Your flame has no place in my temple."

SkullzD 18 Jul 2009 20:16

"And your temple has no place in my flame.

Seems like we understand each other quite well."
Pregnor smirked at his own witiness. (sp?)

"I feel joy in fire. Everything I set my gaze on, ignites a firey will to burn it inside me. Even you, start one of these fires. "
Pregnor quenched one of the water currents that tried to defend the temple just to prove his point.
"Only reason your temple still holds, is because I haven't seen it yet.
But, I'm not a fool. Angering another God is the last thing that I want... I'll ignore your temple this time. But I like this arid place. Or at least, this arid place that will become when I'm done with this verdant grassland. If I where you, I would move this Temple of Water to a more suiting place.

Say, like not in the middle of my eternal flame. Now begun, before I get impatient. You interrupted me in the best part"

Pregnor then ignored the other God, fully and completely taken up in what he was doing.

Hadhfang 19 Jul 2009 15:44

"To see a World in a grain of sand,
And Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour"
[sub]William Blake[/sub]

This is what it is to be a god of power. To be the minister of fate over mortals, to watch them live and die, to succeed and fail. And their history has no shortage of both. The Northern part of Scapolia, where the mighty Iron tower has been built, has reported a great advancement in the technology of the world. Steam, the science of boiling water until it begins evaporating, and then harnessing this has been discovered by the northern people. However, such success is not without failure, and the great Empire of Scapolia, frightened by this seemingly magical development, called the Royal army in to destroy those responsible. The attack was repelled, but in this act, the people of the north cut themselves off from the Empire, claiming independence, so that they might research further developments, without the prying eyes of the Empire. Such an attack also led to tragedy for the Empire elsewhere. The city of Arkosh, having surrended some of its garrison to fight in the north, has been overwhelmed by marauders. The Empire must now stabilise it's power base, should it hope to remain as it once was.

Elsewhere, in continent, there has been another strange discovery, but this one, is not human. As of yet, the discovery is an enigma, even to you, and all you can do for now, it's observe this discovery, and see whether any of the mortals make progress with it.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...th_Letter2.png
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...h_monolith.gif
( IMG clickable thumbnails ftw! Click and you get the full size. If you cannot read the letter, PM me and I will give you the Transcript. Nothing like a bit of immersion though. ;) )

The Map has also been updated.

Beggars, lepers, whores, drug dealers, the outcast, the lame, the blind, the cursed. All who would be shunned in civilised society. They are the dregs of society, and they are despised. In this cursed world, they have little hope but what they make. But in this world, one must be careful what they wish for. The constant longing of something to hope for, someone to watch over them, some hope, that there may be for them, a better life, has grown in each of them. In this, the collective thought becomes less a thought, more a fact. In the darkness, in the void from which the 10 were originally created, comes another. He will call himself Odirbas, and to them, he is their king.

In addition, there have been a few questions regarding setting up story arcs and things in private. You are permitted to talk to whomever you want via PM, or plan whatever you want. However, it would be courteous if you PM me in advance telling me what you want to do. That way, not only might I be able to help you set it up/ advise you against it on the grounds of it being unfair and no fun, but it also allows me to see what direction things are going to head. You can of course choose not to tell me. But if you don't, then when I decide your plans for complete domination of all life go FUBAR you have no basis to complain. :P

Zen 19 Jul 2009 16:23

'Those foolish Imperials!' Venek raged and those making offerings at the base of his Iron Tower can feel the electricity of his anger. 'How dare they attack MY servants?! It is obvious that this "Empire" is not worthy of my patronage. FINE! I shall curse them; curse them so they might live in eternal darkness and that no amount of knowledge or technology can save them!'

'Still...' Venek mused. 'This Empire is still mighty force to be reckon with...I need to give my followers an advantage. Yes, just within my plans to shape this world into what I desire...'

[hr]

Over the next few days, any offerings, veneration or homage made to Venek were rewarded with a gem; a white gem which seems almost weightless. Many who are rewarded with the gem are not sure of it's purpose and for awhile, it is kept as memento from their favored God. Until a prospecting shipbuilder accidentally dropped his gem into the holds of the ship and from that, the ship started to float. Soon, the shipbuilder realized that the gem is more than a mere stone. Soon after, experiments were made and all the servants of Venek was able to understand what kind of gift their God has bestowed on them. It was not long before ships are able to fly through the sky though still guided by the winds.

OOC: Here's a pic so you guys know what I'm trying to introduce:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...BenWootten.jpg

Hadhfang 19 Jul 2009 16:30

[o.o.c.] Eventually perhaps, though to start with they would be more akin to dinghy's or rowing boats.

Aun 19 Jul 2009 19:31

The shrine to Aktazotl rang with music, music from a single voice. The song hummed through the air, beautiful beyond the bounds of a mortal throat.
The music came from a single persons song, a Priestess of the Sky God named Elesra.
People would travel hundreds of miles to hear the young priestess sing, and it was commonly said that her voice could, if she willed it, wake the dead.
Duat grinned at the irony.

The Death God sat, unseen in a pew, facing the alter, listening to her sing. He had first noticed her during a funeral right, where she sang a heart rending song for the dead.
That was...some time ago. Duat had not missed one of her songs yet. He had taken to keeping an eye on Elesra as she performed her duties around the temple.
Her raven black hair, her smile, and most of all her voice, had enchanted him. Duat hadn't felt this way about anyone in a very very long time.
Not since.....

Duat would need to talk to Aktazotl about his Priestess, and soon.

majonga 19 Jul 2009 19:48

"And so it was, that Pregnor the lord of flame and fire doth insult our God, but in our God's wisdom and greatness he ignored the destroyer and went forth from the fire, see a reason to battle he did not. Instead he gave the ruins of Arkosh to the eternal flame and returned to his Temple. There among the many thousands that has sought sanctity in his halls, he did'th reveal himself, and speak his name to the people of Arkosh. Although they had great fear among them, and some doth dispute his claim, our God lead them like shepherd leads the lambs, To the gates of his temple. Here the walls of the Current Fountain did protect them, and our God did reveal his power. A great gush of water did break the fire before him and carved a path through the flames, a road to freedom. So did the people of Arkosh march forward, our God at their head, along a corrider walled by roaring water that towered above the flames.

So did our God perform his third miracle, and lead the people of Arkosh from the burning ruins and out onto the open lands where they would be safe from the fire. behind them the walls of water did fall, and the Temple doth collapse. And all the wonders that in Arkosh had been built passed into history. Some four thousand now stood on the banks of the river Issus, which had once run past their noble city. It was here that out God addressed his people and in the waters of the river, did show them an image of his will. A city of white stone, built upon the coast of the Empire, A city of the people of the Water god. With that our God disappeared from their midst and returned to his sanctuary in the caves. It was at this time that his prophet took the people, and with our God's guidance did lead them to the site of the white city..."

- From the Fire of Arkosh, book IV of the Book of Madoros

[hr]

While the Unquenchable fires of Pregnor burned eternally on the ruins of Arkosh, the Marauders spread far and told the story of the mighty fire god and his great power. Belief for Pregnor swelled and many journeyed to see the mighty flame that was the symbol of their god. However Pregnor was not the only god to benefit from the destruction of Arkosh. Madoros the water god had saved many thousands from the flames, and they spread the story of the Saviour of Arkosh, of the power and strength of the water god, and how he lead his followers from the flames.

With many thousands of believers, Madoros' prophit founded the White City on the shores of Scapolia, where the river Issus met the sea. built from white stone quarried from the mountains. the Issus delta formed a natural harbour and the city became a stop off point along the trade route with Caldwaith. As many pilgrims flocked to the city of the Water God, the city grew strong with trade. New Temples were raised, and many monuments were built in Madoros' Honour. While war raged in the north, the white city grew rapidly, protected by the calm waters of their patron god.

NecronMasterLord 19 Jul 2009 23:26

Sravien examined the pillar with interest. Even his godly knowledge did not identify it. He could wait until more humans came. Perhaps he could even make it a monument to himself. For now, though, there were other places he needed to be. He came to the Emperor of Scapolia, and filled the man's mind with fear of assassination by certain nobles. He guided his followers, and encouraged them.

Then it came to his attention that the villagers of a certain town revered him, Duat, and Erikon as a pantheon of god-brothers. He did not mind particularly, but Duat and Erikon just might find it offensive, and he did not want them to destroy the town...

Praying Mantidae 20 Jul 2009 02:29

The splendor of a spiral galaxy glittered in the darkness of the void. Ohma rested in the cold blackness, pondering the words of the stranger. The... "man" if he could be described as such, had pulled him rudely out of a deep slumber. And the others that had been there with him, so similar, yet so disparate in their ways. To bring them together would be a true challenge indeed.

Within one of the arms of the galaxy, a brilliant light bloomed brighter than the rest as a star went supernova. Ohma made his decision, and summoned up a small portion of his power...

...Ohma opened his eyes, and inspected his new physical form. It was clumsy and primitive, but it was the only way he could interact with the dominant species of this world without turning them into gibbering, insane wrecks.

Satisfied, Ohma began walking north, to Benethesar.

TheEmperorsJanitor 20 Jul 2009 05:36

Guard Sgt. Antonius Bloch was having a horrible day. The recent arson of the southeastern HQ by men suspected to be involved with the cult of Erikon had caused the council to focus all their efforts there, leaving the rest of the city severely understaffed. Not surprisingly, some god or other had felt that the resulting upsurge in petty crime should hit his district the hardest. The last week had his squad beating back crowds of lepers while another squad raided an unsanctioned clinic, chasing a drug addled minstrel through a spontaneous block party, and being tipped off about a planned riot only to discover after it had been violently quashed that the "riot" had been a harmless festival dedicated to Pregnor. For obvious reasons, he had little hope that the day would bring the slow breakdown of law and order any closer to it's end.

He and his patrol waited to hear about some new insanity all morning, but they heard nothing. In the afternoon, as they set out for their patrol, they found nothing out of the ordinary. But then, as they were about to head back, all hell had broken loose. Once again, a concerned citizen had tried to warn them of a riot brewing, but they had beaten the young fellow half to death for trying to set them up, as well as breaking curfew. Only now, as they saw a ragged, intoxicated crowd surge through the streets toward them, did they realize their mistake.

"Form Up!" shouted Bloch

His men formed a line and lowered their halberds at the crowd.

"Citizens! You are in direct violation of curfew!" Return to your homes immediately or we will disperse you by any means necessary!"

The Crowd ground to a halt. A leper stepped forward and addressed Antonius by name.

"Listen Sgt. Bloch, me and my friends here were in the middle of a very important ceremony honoring our god. Our particular religion also commands us to disregard curfews, drug laws, public nudity and obscenity laws, or any other restrictions on our rights. Unless you wish to violate your own laws allowing freedom of worship, please let us by and stop killing the buzz."

Sgt. Bloch was incensed. He had not spent 13 years of his life keeping order in this fleabitten shithole district just to let some bum, a leper no less, explain the fine points of the law he was sworn to protect to him.

"Men..."

Said Antonius in a cold voice.

"...disperse the crowd with extreme prejudice."

The Guardsmen charged with great eagerness.
The leper calmly took out an ornate opium pipe, lit the bowl, took a deep puff, and exhaled. An inhumanly large cloud of intoxicating smoke enveloped the guardsmen. They collapsed to the ground and began to giggle incessantly.

"Listen up you repressed screwheads, My name is Odirbas and these sad y'xa'uk ups and degenerates are my worshippers. From now on, your top priority is keeping them on your good side. You will stop beating up the beggars and the lepers. You will let the dealers and the addicts do what they do in peace. You will stop shaking down the freelance whores and taking payments from the pimps to look the other way when you find a body. You will always have a shilling to spare for the street musicians, even if they do suck. You will do all these things, or you will find your latrines overrun with rats, your doorways soaked in urine, and your balls crawling with scabies."

Odirbas took another pull on his pipe and turned towards his followers.

"And here's something for your troubles."

In a cloud of sweet smelling smoke, the leper disappeared. In his place were several large crates full of hard liqour and drugs.
[hr]

Similar scenes played out in major cities all across the world. The only major difference being the size of the force deployed to stop his followers and the form he took to deliver his message. Those who heeded his words and left his folllowers alone were rewarded with discounts at the brothels and opium dens. Those who didn't tended to catch syphilis.

greatmaju 20 Jul 2009 09:28

Erikon stood there whilst Odirbas lead the lowlifes out in mobs.
Would that I'd do the same for my followers, but that is hardly necessary now is it?

"Hardly my Lord. they blend in with your shadows. But the 'Meet Place' in Arkosh has burnt down. They say it is the work of a God of fire. They also say there was a God of Water there. Apparently the Fire God didn't want to fight." His chief Priest stood there, in the palace of shadows.

I would go there, but to battle a God. Anyway, I fear that there is no more shadows in the city, thanks to the great flame. I shall help my followers do something else. Raid the largest bank maybe. then decorate it with messages about me.

"Is that wise? Surely you don't want the local uards to crack down on any of them?" The chief Priest, a little troubled by his God's suggestions.

then they shall learn to fear them! There is a Night, they will fall in the shadows if they dare! On another note, I would like a monolithic tower, in the middle of Benethsar. And it should be as dark as the night, tall, and cast shadows. This shall be a meeting place like no other.

"Yes my Lord. But the cost?"
Rob a few banks. I can think of several devout thieves who can do it. Now Go!

As the chief priest ran out of the door, intent on pleasing him, Erikon mulled over the news of the other Gods.

Flames, Miracles, Mobs, Flying ships! I need to do something. Benethsar shall be the place. A whole city there will be, maybe called after me, where the night forever touches the land. I know, it could go wrong, and I don't think any of the Gods would like me taking over even the middle of an island. But heck.
He took out a battered box of Dog Treats from his trench coat, then gave some to Canis.
He then got a map out of the same coat, and a pencil. Then started marking some large banks, and his monolith. before vanishing.
Night was falling.

Scoutninja 23 Jul 2009 15:09

Aktazotl looked down at the world. It was changing. A new intrusion was threatening in the skies. Craft, small at first and then increasing in size, flew and soared in the cloudy skies above the world. They paid no homage to him, though it was through HIS winds that they even managed to get off the ground. This was unacceptable. The skies were his domain.

For a time, Aktazotl left his throne upon Maachu Virdu, and once more, headed into the mortal realm.

[hr]

The winds over Scapolia were dominated by a new craft. Sky ships, carrying all manner of cargo, trundled through the currents of air. Not a one of them prayed to the Sky God. As Aktazotl drifted by as a wisp of cloud, he snorted with disgust. It was a wonder that the ship could stay afloat. The men who built it had no respect for the wind. But it was not the time or place for the Wind Lord to take his revenge. He had a different task for the time being.

A large Monastery of Aktazotl lay nestled in a thick evergreen forest. The forest was at the foot of several towering mountain peaks, the easternmost reaches of the Mountains in which Venek's fortress was situated. The Monks there called them "The Crown of the World" out of respect for the winds and currents that cut through them. The Monks were in no way ordinary, for the land was full of bandits and wild animals. Each and every one knew how to wield a blade. They were all of them, extremely fit from hard living, and devout followers of the Wind Lord. They were surprised one day to see him materialize in their courtyard.

Aktazotl stood about ten feet tall. He was garbed in white robes, and, as this was a mission of war and anger, was armored from head to toe in plate metal, forged by Venek himself. It fit Aktazotl like a glove. He bore a massive, two handed scimitar, an ancient weapon of extreme power.

Loyal Followers, I come to ask you for help. There are blasphemers and heretics in this world. They take advantage of and use my winds without paying homage to me. I give you this task, and this task alone: Make it thus that only ships and crews that at least respect my domain are able to take to the air.

He pulled a large scroll from within his robes. It had a white tag on the end.

This is a sky ship. You will become renegades, plunderers of the sky paths. Any items and belongings you retrieve from an enemy ship you will give to the poor. You will be undefeatable in battle so long as I am with you, and you are with me. The winds shall always favor you.

The head of the monks stepped forward. His name was Caius. Aktazotl gave him a two handed broadsword, and the honor of captaining this vessel.

Wind be with you, my Children.

[hr]

In the weeks that followed, a new, unregistered craft was sighted over Scapolia. None of the Guilds or the Empire knew its origination or make. It struck quickly, riding on the winds faster than scientists theorized was possible. Four ships had been pillaged and set alight, their blazing hulks settling and then falling to pieces from the sky. Patrols had found their cargo distributed among the peasant villages of the continent.

[hr]

Aktazotl sensed a new issue. Though this one was less... Malicious in intent. He made his way to the Shrine in which Elesra dwelt. She was his favorite priestess, for her heart was pure and her voice was angelic. He thought of her fondly as a beloved daughter.

He entered the temple in the guise of a beggar, blind, wizened, and bent over. His long gray hair obscured most of his face, and a rag tied around his eyes hid the rest. He hobbled slowly in, and was greeted warmly by the priests. They gave him water, and food. He even heard Elesra sing. Aktazotl smiled. He turned to where Duat was sitting, invisible, and said, almost in a whisper,

Hello, friend. What is it that you Honor me with such a visit to my Shrine? No one here has died!

OrkWarrior 23 Jul 2009 17:57

Dextus stepped onto his golden chariot and felt how it was to soar through the skies agian when he set off. The flaming wheels burned a path through the air as he flied into another cloud. The two pure white steeds whinnied in delight as they powered forward. Dextus could see his location, the volcano lair of Venek the craftmaster.

He flew down into the cavern and lept off his chariot as it dissolved into air. Dextus fell faster and faster untill he hit the floor with a roar. He stood up from the small crater he created and walked down the endless paths down to Venek himself.
Dextus saw Venek working on an anvil, a monolithic titan of size and power.
"This god has style" thought Dextus. as he aproached the god.

"Venek I stand before you to offer you a deal. Wil you speak to me about it?"boomed Dextus as he walked to the massive god with no fear.

Zen 23 Jul 2009 18:02

Venek look up for second from his work before continuing his work. Work and Talk. What do you want? Other than the obvious swords, armor, guns and other armaments that a God of War need to fuel his armies. But otherwise what could I do you for?

Hadhfang 23 Jul 2009 22:31

Will update first page tomorrow, Sorry, I've felt really mehish all day. Should be better tomorrow.

Also, slight thing- The Scapolian empire has an Empress, not an Emperor. ;)

Aun 24 Jul 2009 00:26

Quote:

Hello, friend. What is it that you Honor me with such a visit to my Shrine? No one here has died!
Duat knew exactly who the old man was.
What do you think? I hear your having some problems with Venek and those flying boats of his...

Scoutninja 24 Jul 2009 00:35

Aktazotl's disguise dropped instantly, though he was only seen by Duat. He smiled behind his mask.

I simply wish to rid my domain of those who are unsanctioned and who do not pay respect to me. If those boats were to simply pay homage to me, I would not think twice of them. Indeed, I would literally be the wind beneath their wings. But that is not why you have come.

Aktazotl turned and looked at Elesra. She was singing again.

Her voice is magnificent, is it not, Brother? She is pure of heart and I count her as dear as one of my own offspring.

Praying Mantidae 24 Jul 2009 05:09

A cold breeze hit Ohma's face as he made his way north along the road. Winter was coming soon to this land. The leaves were beginning to turn to their brilliant autumnal colors, and the animals were preparing themselves for the long, cold months to come. Ohma could see the sparkling web of life within the trees, and hear them whisper to each other. They too were beginning to shut down for the winter.

Around the bend in the road, Ohma sensed a human attempting to hide in the trees. The human stepped into the road as the God came closer.

"Well, well. What do we have here? The toll is six gold pieces, friend."

"I have no money, highwayman. Let me pass. Ohma spoke with a deep, quiet voice. The thief looked him over, and his eye caught on the glittering key hanging from the silver chain around Ohma's neck.

"I'll tell you what. Give me that there shiny key, and you can go on your merry way."

"You can not have it." Ohma sensed the human's heart rate increase. The highwayman drew his sword.

"I'll ask you nicely, one more time... if you don't give me that shiny necklace of yours, I'll kill you right here." Ohma sighed inwardly, then drew back his hood.

The thief looked into Ohma's face and paused. Ohma looked straight into the thief's eyes, and saw the inner turmoil that the man had kept down for so long. The human, on the other hand, looked eyes with Ohma's and saw... everything.

It was too much for his mortal mind to handle. The man began trembling, and a trickle of blood ran from his nostrils. His eyes rolled back, and he fell, flat on his back where he lay as stiff as a board.

Ohma shook his head slowly and pulled his hood back up, he would never be able to understand humans. He picked the man up and moved him off the road, into the copse of trees where he had been hiding. Ohma placed his hand over the human's forehead. He was extremely strong willed, for a human. With luck, he may have even kept most of his sanity. Ohma exerted his will, and the human's eyes fluttered open. The man sat upright and looked around, trembling slightly.

"What is your name?" Ohma asked quietly. The man stammered his response,

"D-Daniel... sir."

"Do you know who I am, Daniel?"

"I... I know not your name, sir." Daniel still recovering from the initial shock of looking into Ohma's eyes.

"I am called Ohma by the people in my own territories. I need someone to work for me in this world. Will you be that man?"

Daniel stood up, slowly, and wiped the blood from under his nose. He straightened out his coat, then looked up at Ohma's shadowed face. The man cleared his throat and dropped to one knee.

"I would be honored to serve you, my Lord." Ohma placed his hand on Daniel's shoulder.

"Stand up. You need not kneel to me, Daniel. Come, we have much work to do, and not much time..." Ohma trailed off and jerked his head up. Something had just broken through a barrier that it should not have been allowed to cross, and entered this world. That something did not belong here, nor on any other mortal world...

"My Lord? What is it?" Daniel asked. He had half drawn his sword when Ohma had tensed up.

"Something is here that should not be, Daniel." Ohma reached out with his senses, but could not find anything. Whatever had crossed over was nowhere near them. "Come now, we must get to Benethesar."

Genmotty 24 Jul 2009 09:52

It is of great debate as to if Herus ever set up a school of logic on the continent of Benethesar. While archaeologists have yet to find its remains or texts that would collorate it to a particular era of history. It is said to have existed after he took on pupils willing to learn mechanics of the world and understand fundamental properties. For some at the time this was a blasphemy against Venek as the understanding of a gods mind was not for moral beings, although it is hard to say due to conflicting records of the time what occurred in this early antiquity as a result of these tensions.

However all that can be said is shortly after the evaporation engine was understood in principle and practice by Herus, the student Laegos used the property of contracting water vapor as the atmospheric engine. These principle of mechanics caused many a visiting royal to the legendary school to wonder at what magical works these scholars were dabbling in. But with time all that had suspicions of magic, could be shown the reality of nature being used creatively to form these magics.

At any rate Herus and his students were able to exist quite peacefully for some time.

History of Logism

Gen

Wargamer 24 Jul 2009 11:42

The Huntmaster watched the rise of this new technology with suspicion; a man should grow strong by the sweat of his brow and the strength of his back, not through trickery of machines. It tasted foul in his mouth, the sort of notion favoured by weak, cowardly men unwilling to put in the time to truly do a day's work.

There would not be Ale for such men.

The wind screamed. In the heart of a storm, the Leviathan was undaunted. Hell itself could spit its wroth upon the ocean, and the Huntmaster would not care. Yet there was one who might, one whose presence lingered on the edge of his conciousness. He was bound to her, bound to the Sea.

He flung back his head, and bellowed into the sky.

"MADOROS!!!"

His great roar of summoning echoed across the world. Hundreds of miles inland, water rippled in cups and bowls. Thousands of feet below, eyeless creatures fled in terror. The very clouds shed tears to warn their master of the Huntmaster's call.

He waited for an answer.

TheEmperorsJanitor 25 Jul 2009 02:34

Sorry for the huge post, but I have to make up for lost time somehow. Future posts will be shorter for the most part.

For some time, Odirbas wandered about the world, spreading both mirth and discontent wherever he went. To his followers, he brought gifts of Booze and narcotics and perhaps some respite from the ever-present lice and vermin that tormented them. To the keepers of order and the hypocritical guardians of decency he was an ever-present nuisance. Many an outspoken critic of the decay of society was soon found in the arms of a prostitute or with an opium pipe at his lips after some servant had been slipped a bag of coins by a strange man to let some guests in early. City Guards found themselves reacting to false alarms and being tricked into embarrassing blunders, often resulting in the losses of careers and a backlash from the populace. Monuments were urinated upon, council chambers were invaded by hordes of feral cats, opium dens and whorehouses refused to pay their dues to the guilds and went underground. Everywhere, it seemed that the scum of the earth had been emboldened by their newfound patron.

Unsurprisingly, Odirbas' antics and the subsequent actions of his followers had sparked a backlash against him and all who worshipped him. For instance, in the city of Turimgart, home of Sgt, Antonius Bloch, the council had passed a law allowing lepers to be killed on sight. Street musicians and freelance whores were regularly attacked without warning. Some guard captains even began leaving poisoned bread out for the street urchins and beggars. In many places, people began to curse the name of Odirbas and renounced him, others started to leave the cities to form shantytowns. Amongst these, there arose a self-proclaimed priesthood of Odirbas who preyed on the fears and insecurities of the refugees for there own purposes. Odirbas watched this, and began to feel something he had never felt before. Guilt. For a few moments, he wondered whether he should do something to make things right, then he remembered that he had a pile of hashish at his house that was in dire need of smoking, and so he left the mortal world for the first time in his short life as a god.

Between the times he had first come into being and the first time he had come down to earth, every less than adequate denizen of the heavens had been mysteriously drawn towards one place. It was an abandoned coastal city, full of mostly dead gardens, broken fountains, palaces and villas propped up by crude supports made of rotting wood. The gates were rusted shut, and all along the walls were huddled masses of unwanted creatures. Lazy dwarves, Drunken angels, lame ogres, a gaggle of pale shades from who knows where, and even a handful of disgraced Voktai, their once resplendent amour now stripped of all it's finery and covered in rust, their mighty spears broken, and their steeds starved. It was this sight that greeted Odirbas as he returned to his plane. He sighed and addressed the crowd.

"Talk fast chumps, I've got a date with a Hookah."

One of the Dwarves stepped forward.

"Odirbas, my is Throk, my brothers and I were expelled from the realm of Venek for our laziness. We, along with all the others, were drawn here by visions and strange intuition. We know you as Odirbas, Lord of the Gutter, Friend of the Leper, Scourge of the Decent, Sporadic Defender of the Whore, Off Key Singer of Raunchy Tavern songs..."

Odirbas cut him off.

"What part of "Talk fast" did you not understand you cock deprived sycophant?"

The dwarf cringed and fell to his knees.

"Please sir, I only meant to show proper respect! We wish to become your servants, your heralds, whatever you may ask of us. We have nowhere else to go sir."

Odrbas surveyed the crowd again. At least I'll have company He thought to himself.

"Fine, come on in, I'll need someone to help me smoke all that hash."

This was a bald-faced lie. Odirbas could have easily smoked all the hash he had and all the hash that would ever exist without batting an eye. But Odirbas saw there was no need for this huddled mass of miserable losers to know that.
[hr]
After the festivities died down, Odirbas looked down on the world and saw that he was not the only one whose reckless meddling had resulted in pain and suffering. He saw Arkosh transformed into a burning waste to stroke the ego of Pregnor. He saw the court of the Empress engulfed in paranoia and violence through the machinations of Sravien. He saw the sky freighters burned by the minions of Aktazotl. Even his own antics paled in comparison to the growing disorder and strife brought on by Veneks introduction of the steam engine. He could only guess what fresh horror Erikon or Dextus or the Huntsmaster would unleash on the world once they hit their strides. It was then that Odirbas began to think that perhaps men would be better off without gods.

Now He had a dilemma. Being a god, his continued existence required him to be worshipped. To acquire and retain worshippers, he must shower them with favors and defend them from their enemies. In doing so, he would be betraying his newfound conscience by interfering with mortals and perpetuating their belief and dependence on the gods. He knew there could be no easy answer. He took another pull on the hookah and held it in for awhile.

"y'xa'uk it."

He exhaled, and gathered his newfound servants around him.

"I've got a job for all of you. I want you to take the gift baskets full of drugs and liquor that I'm about to conjure up deliver them to each of my followers thanking them for their dedication and continued support. Then, I want you to command my "Priests" to spread my gospel to the great washed masses and seek to thwart the repressed and the uptight at every turn by any means necessary."

Then Odirbas paused.

"And make sure that Guard sgt. Antonius Bloch of Turimgart catches leprosy."

Aun 25 Jul 2009 03:48

Duat looked down on the mortal world from his throne in Palacio Muerto and sighed. The mortal world heaved and split under the divine influnces assaulting it. The souls of the dead cried out for revenge. He could not ignore their cries any longer.
"The children are ruining the mortal world."
He stood up from his throne.
"It is time for a cull. The children must be taught that their actions have consequences."

[hr]

All across the world, people died. One third the total number of worshipers of each god dropped dead.
The sky-pirates of Aktazotl where decimated.
The fire priests of Pregnor where struck down.
The forge masters of Venek fell into their fires, dead before they hit the flames.
The sea-worshipers of The Huntsman fell from the rigging to smash onto the deck, or into the waters, sharks devouring their corpses.
The outcasts and riffraff of Odirbas where purged from life.
The thiefs of Erikon dropped to the floor with their loot to be found dead by perplexed officers.

The only gods unaffected by the massive cull where Dextus, Madoros and Sravian.

Those gods who suddenly had their number of followers cut by one third felt the loss keenly.

Dark clouds gathered over the mortal world, thunder rumbled, lightning split the sky. A voice spoke out, forcing itself into the minds of the gods.
They all heard its roar.

Children! My disappointment in you is beyond belief. You have filled this world with violence, turmoil, and cruelty.
In your selfish efforts to better your position, and in some cases your followers, you have cost the rest of the world dearly.
Do you hear them? The tormented souls of mounting dead cursing your names? Hear them now, and know what you have done.

Duat caused the gods minds to be filled with the screaming, the cursing of those killed by their selfish actions.

Know this, even for the gods, there is a price to be payed for your actions, and I will not hesitate to administer it...

Wargamer 25 Jul 2009 09:05

The Huntsman felt the actions of Duat, and roared in fury.

He spat a curse at Duat's name, vaulting up the rigging of his cursed ship.
"Duat!" he hissed. "Heed these words and heed them well! Even a god must answer for his crimes, and you will answer to this! You speak of prices to be paid, yet you think yourself above that law! You are NOT!"

The storm above Leviathan began to change. The wind shifted course, the rain ceased to fall, and the black clouds broke apart. They scattered themselves across the world.
"Let every coward and traitor, every man who pledges his life to you, Duat, be cursed for all eternity! Let them be marked!"

Across the world, the followers of Duat awoke with strange afflictions; a large black spot upon the hand. The Huntmaster sensed each one of them, marked for death.

"Know what I have done, Duat, and know there is one Black Spot yet to be given..."

He dropped from the rigging and back to the deck, waiting to see if Madoros would answer his summon.

Hadhfang 25 Jul 2009 11:10

[O.O.C.]Tut tut Duat/Aun, you broke the posting rules. This makes me sad. :(

:P

Having said that, your second post is only two lines long. But in future please try to keep to the rules. I know it's frustrating, but it will make it easier on everyone to follow presicesly what's happening. :)